What's new

Project64 site redesign

zilmar

Emulator Developer
We are redesigning this site with a new layout/logo/color scheme. The current logo, I designed very early in the life of the emulator and was the basis of the current color scheme for the site. I would like to go with a color scheme that is similar to the n64 logo, green, red, blue and yellow. I am looking at having a small logo that will sit to the left or behind s.ome text. There would have to be matching set of icons to go with the logo. The main focus would be more on the text then on the image. The logo will appear on the site, as well as the logo and icons will be in the next version of project64.

Here are some samples of the type of thing I am looking at. These are modifications of the work sick_deal and jahra!n have done.

If you want to submit any images please post them to this thread. We assume that anything you post you are giving us permission to use it freely, and that they are yours to give! If we use any of your work we will add you to the credits list of the emulator

Iconoclast

It would be disrespectful for me to not match one's hard work with my own, at least in a feeble attempt. After about 1.5 hours of screwing around, I made this image file. It is attached to this post (duh).

It's an ICO icon file because maybe, it would also make a good Project64 icon. I made the 32 bit images within the icon by stealing the graphics from either Zelda OOT or Zelda MM. If you use the Direct64 plugin, the way the N logo is shaded in much differently, a way I found to look intriguing as the possible new Project64 icon. The 4 bit icons were made by dumping a 2-D N logo from Pokemon Snap, converting the image to 4 bit and removing grey pixels that messed the image up, bunch of resizings and repititions that took longer than it did for me to make the 32 bit icons.

Original 4 Bit:

NLogo.gif

Original 24 Bit:

NLogo32Bit.png

Personally, I think it'd make a better new Project64 icon, but I post this here as it could also make a good logo for your website.

rprsplitter9

@Iconoclast
Those logos don't say anything about PJ64 at all, other than it is related to N64. I'm sure the PJ64 team is looking for a little more uniqueness.

Exodeity

hey i posted a link to some logos i made on the member forum i guess no one saw it, but whatever, here are some i did;

pj64logo5ve8.png

pj64logo6oq3.png

pj64logo3ya3.png

pj64logo4lg8.png

i did all these in like 10 mins in PSP 9 so... dont expect perfection ( i think the second one looks the best :p )

Miretank

Lurking
Jahrain's logo is the best. If you guys dont use it as main icon, I'd reshack project64 and place Jahra!n's icon. ;)

sick_deal's is very good too. But a bit too monochromatic. ;\

Mr.Garrison

project64_text_suggestion_build01.png

Suggestion for the text. Will probably up a logo later.

(Might show up weird if your browser doesn't support transparency.)

Last edited:
OP
Z

zilmar

Emulator Developer
Well, I may be out of the contest because my logo doesn't meet the requirementes completely.

Yours is fits great, it is more just against the massive full on gfx when you can not read the thing well that I am against. As long as the text is the main focus that is what counts.

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
carbon, watch your tongue, we are generally a supportive community, and don't tend to criticise others work,

project64.png

something colourful like this.. but not....

Iconoclast

@Iconoclast
Those logos don't say anything about PJ64 at all, other than it is related to N64. I'm sure the PJ64 team is looking for a little more uniqueness.
So? Look at the program icon for Nemu64. It's just Mario's head. Does that say anything about Nemu64? No, but it's still a good icon for it. Same thing applies to UltraHLE.

And the image I gave was unique, compared to just the text PJ64 as an icon. It isn't the same old N64 logo; it's differently colored and shaped than all the other emulator icons. It's like making an icon for Microsoft Word, a mere image saying, MS-Word. It's stupid. It needs a picture, which it's got, of course.

As for zilmar's point, yeah, I can't believe I was so blind as to completely forget about the fact that these images are copyrighted. That one occured to me overnight. I guess you got me there. I mean, unless this "Fair Use" law doesn't say that copying images from games is illegal. I know it says modifying the image content is illegal, but what if it's only for background removal...I'ma do some research.