What's new

Project64’s Future (donations and v1.7 beta development)

rbvaugh

I became a member in July 2006 but. recently I began receiving a message that 1.7 Beta is for members only. How do I resolve this?

ggantt

I Donated to the Cause, However, I still have not recieved any e-mail from pj64.net

Infact, It was weird, I filled out the Forgot Password form, got a Regenerated Password from pj64.net and submitted it, It Successfully logged me in (as in, I did not get a wrong username / password error) however, I got a a message saying "Your Login is Blocked, Please contact the administrator" I never did innitiially recieve an e-mail from pj64.net, so i'm not sure how I have a username/password that worked.
However, I paid the $20 to support the team, a hearty contribution from an eager fellow gamer.
I want to be a beta-tester!

morikaweb

I donated yesterday but haven't gotten my login info yet, I donated with the same email as this forum account, if you need more info e-mail me.

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
Zilmar is currently celebrating christmas and might not respond for a few days..

tomorrow is also a public holiday... i believe...

buthead

Conformation E-Mail?

30 hours and counting! Hate to bug you. Just Cant wait to try out the beta (1.7)
Havent receved my conformation e-mail yet, for my donation of 20.00$ through paypal. Yes I checked my spam folder before posting here. Hope nothing went haywire in the transaction! Here is the NFO:

Transaction ID: 1H639378TM531502X
Item Price: $20.00 USD
Total: $20.00 USD
Item/Product Name: Support Project64 developlment
Invoice ID: 38195
Buyer: John R McGill jr

Smiff

Emutalk Member
sorry to anyone waiting, we just tried to move the site and it went wrong, mail send stopped working for a bit. but making sure donators are happy is about zilmar's highest priority so don't stress out he'll get to you :)

DoctorJ1976

Ok, I have had to go through all of the hassles of registering just to report something that I think you may be interested to know, I would have sent this via e-mail if I could find a e-mail address to send it to.

Somebody has posted the 1.7 Beta of Project64 on weknowaboutitalreadypleasedon'tpostlinkstoit.com, when its downloaded it says that it is registered to a 'Leroy Jenkins'

Heres a copy of the torrent file from the site if that is of any use: -
'removed by mod'

And the link to page on 'thatsite':

'removed'

Last edited by a moderator:

Trotterwatch

Thanks for letting them know, but believe me this information is common knowledge and shouldn't be posted on this forum (do it via PM if needs be).

DoctorJ1976

Sorry but, I have just reviewed the posts that other people have posted on this subject and about that the emulator is not meant to work due to the anti-piracy measures? What anti-piracy measures? I only found out that about the message saying that the beta is for members only on this forum. I downloaded the leaked beta and it worked first time without any errors/nags what soever. Is this cracked or has somebody figured out how the protection works: -

The file date of the executable is Oct 17 2006

Files included in the package: -

Project64_1_7_0_45.exe
zlib1.dll
_trash.tmp
Project64.rdb
p64_17045-lj.nfo
Project64.cache3
Settings.ini
Sys Log.txt

DoctorJ1976

If you mean the the 'Jabo_Direct3D8.dll' from the plug in folder, it was included, I just forgot to list it but the text file said to copy the sound, controller and rsp plug ins from the 1.6 release. The only game that I have tested the 1.7 version on is Starwars Rogue Squadron but even though it did run, there still seemed to be graphics problems (jumpy graphics, etc), I was more interesting at just having a look at the options dialogues to see what new options had been added rather than actually using it to play games (I will wait for the official release to do that)

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
no, i do not, i already know about what is in the contents of the package as i have already downloaded it and inspected it about 2 months ago, when i spotted it on a certain site, i was talking to Zilmar about it being on certain sites which were unaccessible to most people, when i decided to run a google search,... unfortunately it turned up on a well known site and upon downloading i discovered it was the cracked and leaked build, which i reported to Zilmar,

i took a fair look at the emulator, making note of what is missing, and will indeed urge people not to download it, as i have since removed it myself, the download does not include the 1.7 core, which is the heart of project64, and also that there is a great number of bugs, and crash issues, i also noticed that a few were in regards to source files.. which i hope are fixed in the final.

i also took rogue squadron for a spin and got better results with it then you, even though the core is not in the package, it can still run on the 1.6 core, once you tweak it a fair bit.

anyway, as i said, i removed it, and i urge people not to even bother with the leak if they do manage to come across it as this build does not represennt a finished stable product, and is not supported anywhere. Any Data Loss is not the responsibility of the PJ64 team as this is not an official release, if it destroys your computer, its your own fault for using it.

Last edited:
anti-piracy(or leak) measures? are you kidding me? is that a joke? are they that desperate for peoples money that they'll put "anti-piracy measures" into an incomplete piece of beta software, which at this rate wont be done till.... never?

*awaits the inevitable fanboy flames, or mod censorship*

Last edited:

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
No, they put it in the software so that assholes won't leak the beta. It's something they're working hard on and they want only the ones who donate (or show that they care for Pj's future) gets it. It's a sort of a thank you and if people go around handing it out to other people who just want it because they're greedy, then...
Put yourself in Zilmar & Jabo's shoes and imagine yourself the scenario when someone would leak or steal your software without your permission.