• Intel

Votes: 12 37.5%
  • AMD

Votes: 20 62.5%

• Total voters

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
kingstar said:
AMD Athlon have smaller circiuts, thats why an Athlon xp 1800+ (1.54ghz) is faster than a Pentium4 1.8Ghz,..nevertheless, Pentium4 got higher clock speeds and different set of instructions than the AMD, ..........

Higher clock speeds mean nothing though, and if your talking about SSE2, no games use it yet, but they do use 3DNow, which intel does not support, so its actualy the other way around, AMD has a widely used x86 instruction extention that intel doesn't.

crhylove

Banned
hello. EVERYONE knows not to buy intel. don't they?!?

coolsicool, put up a screenie of that processor comparison chart right next to a pricewatch processor list....

that will end any debate REAL FAST.

rhy

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
crhylove said:
hello. EVERYONE knows not to buy intel. don't they?!?

coolsicool, put up a screenie of that processor comparison chart right next to a pricewatch processor list....

that will end any debate REAL FAST.

rhy

Seriously?

Sorry, i can't tell if that's sarcasm or if you're serious. :p:p

crhylove

Banned
i was being serious, but for the record coolsicool, for a very long time amd did not reign supreme, in fact they sucked royally... only with the advent of 3d now, and then later the athlon did they really start to dominate. now if they'd only can that palladium crap, they would put intel out of business.

rhy

mesman00

What's that...?
rhy, it woudln't put intel out of business if amd canned palladin. wanna know why? there are too many poeple out their buying PC's and they really don't know what is in em. Big market stores like circuit city and best buy will continue to carry intel products in the vast majority of their computers. Therefore, the "unaware" consumer will still buy the intel product, because that is what the salesperson at the store tells them is best, even though it may not be true

OP
t0rek

t0rek

Wilson's Friend
Interesting, it seems that AMD is winning, bad choose of mine, Intel sucks after all, I'm trying to say this to a friend but he doesn't understand and he will make the same mistake as me...

OP
t0rek

t0rek

Wilson's Friend
Cooliscool and all AMD users this will end any discussion: check my specs, and my advice is: Go for AMD!!!!!!!!!!!

truffles

A Pixelating Eskimo
I have an AMD Duron Morgan 1.2GHZ . It is pretty nice, except the whole computer is pretty noisy. Anyways, what I know is that it uses the same core as the Palomino XP, but basically with less cache built in.

And about the noise issue . . . I guess it is no big problem, but I still haven't got use to the noise. I don't think it's the Duron's issue, but I bet it brought me to it.

Well, looks like AMD is winning right now at this moment =)~

Cheers,
Truffles

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
remember, noise is caused by moving parts, the processor has none. You either need to replace the power supply or the cpu fan or both, as your MFR simply may have given you some cheap ones.

truffles

A Pixelating Eskimo
remember, noise is caused by moving parts, the processor has none. You either need to replace the power supply or the cpu fan or both, as your MFR simply may have given you some cheap ones.

Yes, I remember from last year that vibration causes noise. I tried taming all the wires inside the cpu together, but it didn't help to hear a difference. I tried lubricating all my fans, but it did not work =( .

About 7 months ago, I built this computer. To tell you the truth, I had no idea that it would be this loud. The PSU was included with the 15'' $15 dollar case. For a heatsink, I bought some coolermaster cpu fan that supports up to 1.8ghz. The hard drive is a maxtor 20gb 5400rpm.

Now, I regret and laugh because I should of had spent more money or maybe bought other parts that are more low in noise.

Cheers,:bunny:
Truffles

Macca

i just got a new intel 2.4 and i got no problems with it what so ever. The reason i got it instead of an AMD? Cause a 2.4 p4 (533) was selling for the same price as an athlon 2000XP.

I bought intel and i'm as happy as....well....something thats happy