What's new

problems with TWINE plz help

erustad

dragon tamer
ok, i have played for a while but have always had these problems and cant figure out whats going on. on some levels, mainly ones where they start out with a litlle movie thing , it will freeze right after the litle movie part. also, on the city of walkways 2 mission, there is an error that pops up right when i get to the warehouse with the barrels with the flammable signs on it and the helecopter shoots missiles at you. the error says "cannot detect micro settings" and then has a number. i click ok and it pops up with a new number and continues for about a hundred more times, then lets me move a little, then it freezes.:plain:

OP
erustad

erustad

dragon tamer
ATI Radeon Xpress 200 graphics card, AMD athlon 64 processor, windows xp home, 200GB hard drive, 512 Mb memory

OP
erustad

erustad

dragon tamer
i am not shure, whats the latest version? o and by the way i have version 1.6.015. if its not the latest where do i get the latest?

Last edited:
OP
erustad

erustad

dragon tamer
yea, i got the latest version, still got the problem, thanks for the quik replies tho. here is what the error says exactly(not including the number which is different each time) it is an AutoDetect error:

unable to detect microcode settings
MicroID $4A80B443
Rom 007 - The World is Not Enough (U)

Last edited:
OP
erustad

erustad

dragon tamer
how do i find out if the rom is good? also, i am seeing if i have the lates drivers now.

OP
erustad

erustad

dragon tamer
no, its not my drivers and i can't quite figure out how to use the good n64 thing, but i am pretty shure it is good tho.

OP
erustad

erustad

dragon tamer
ok, i am getting one now, hopefully this one works, if it is the rom thats bad. thanks for all your help btw:)

OP
erustad

erustad

dragon tamer
i am now getting an access violation that reads "while processing graphics data an exception occured you may need to restart the emulator" and i still have the microcode errors...

Last edited:

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
erustad said:
yea, i got the latest version, still got the problem, thanks for the quik replies tho. here is what the error says exactly(not including the number which is different each time) it is an AutoDetect error:

unable to detect microcode settings
MicroID $4A80B443
Rom 007 - The World is Not Enough (U)

what video plugin are you using?

OP
erustad

erustad

dragon tamer
the default one(jabos direct3d8 1.6). also forget about the access violation, i just fixed that.

squall_leonhart

well microcode is a resident error code that Jabo'splugins give whe they don't have the necessary code to emulate the graphics of the rom.

does TWINE even work with Dx8 1.6 plugin?

it can also occur if the rom doesn't report the microcode correctly, this can occur if the rom is corrupted. or incomplete

OP
erustad

erustad

dragon tamer
i am thinking the rom is probly corrupted or incomplete, because about 3/5ths of the levels work and the other 2\5ths of them dont or dont work all the way through. i am currently trying to find a new one.

squall_leonhart

The World Is Not Enough, commonly reffered to as Twine, not only in N64 communities but also in N64 Gamer. the old Nintendo 64 magazine.