What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Problems with the Glide64 plugin, all textures are black

Risonhighmer

I've been trying to work the glide64 plugin, because from what I've heard, it's better than just using the rice plugin. When I use custom textures, it loads them up, creates the cache, and starts the game. When the game starts (In this case, Zelda OOT) all of the textures are just black, except for the sky, the moon, and the title screen text.

Anyone have this problem and know how to fix it?

mudlord

Banned
Whats your video card?
Enabled texture compression in GlideHQ?

More often than not, your video card is the fault here. Glide64/GlideHQ needs a quite decent video card for the wrapper to function correctly....

OP
R

Risonhighmer

I've got a nVidia Geforce FX 5500 Overclocked, it's not great, but it's decent.

Also, should texture compression be on or off?

OP
R

Risonhighmer

Ok, I updated my drivers, and the textures show up now, but sometimes the sound gets stuck, or sometimes the game is running 3 times as fast as it should, and when it's running normally I get very poor framerates (8-15fps)

I guess for now I'll just stick with Rice's plugin, unless someone can help me properly configure this one.

Willum

It is most likely your graphics card. I have an FX 5500 in my old Dell and it doesn't color certain things right at all (for example a lot of things are grey and not colored, like the Great Fairy Sword in Majora's Mask).

You may want to consider a new card, especially if you want to play games with hq textures.

edit: is the rice plugin functioning normally?

OP
R

Risonhighmer

Yeah, the rice plugin works fine, except for a couple of problems here and there, and I don;t like having to wait for Hi-res textures to load.

I would love to get a whole new rig altogether, but it isn't really an option. I'm living on my own, without my parents, I'm 17, and don;t have a job. But oh well, can't always get what you want right? :p