What's new

Problem in Majora's Mask - Bomber Notebook

CharlieBrown

I've got teh 1964 Save file for Majora's Mask. You'll need to 'load' the game though.

I've found that I can get the Bombers Notebook to work with Jabo's (Project 64) Video Plug in but there are a few other problems with it. I've attached a working picture of the Notebook. Also there are two shots to show the differences in the emualtion for the 2 Plugins.

Hope this helps.

OP
A

ArcaneLore

You see, the problem is that with Jabo's plugin, the screen turns all black during the day change in the winter place. This has not been a problem previously, but now the screen turns black whenever the day changes.

-Shadow-

Banned
It looks Ok if you use GLn64 , just look at the screenshots !
There are still some glitches with the Lens of truth , so you have to change to rices in order to use the Lens . The second glitch is on the menu , but it's really the lesser evil...

CharlieBrown

I've not got far enough in MM to see what happens in the winter area ??

If Rice can get that Bomber Notebook working then there would be no need to swap Plugin's right?

I'm pretty new to this stuff - How often does he address issues like this ??

-Shadow-

Banned
Ok , this happens if you use the Lens of truth in the Mountain area , just look at this mess , it looks OK with rice's , though . If you don't mind a ugly Mirror shield , rice's the best choice !

1. shot : rice's plugin , the only glitch which is left , is that the purple frame on the screen gets solid when you look at something , which is affected by the Lens !

2. shot : GLn64 : Well , umm , just look :D

3. shot : jabo's directX 6 , very LOL....

4. shot : jabo's directX 7 , looks ok , but the textures are stretchy...

Yup , your'e right , if Rice would fix the notebook , there would be no need to swap , its the only major glitch left ! It will be perfectly emulated when he fixes shimmering surfaces like the Mirror shield .

/edit : @CharlieBrown : Does the flickering make the game unplayable ? NO ! It's something that has to be fixed by the programmer (Orkin) but he has not much time right now to work on it...

BTW : the last 3 screens are made on my old GF4Ti , but the glitches are the same with my new Radeon 9800 !

The Glitch with gln64 is a lil' bit different on my Radeon : you don't see anything that is affected by the Lens of Truth but you still see the rest ...

Last edited:

CharlieBrown

I must admit most of the stuff works and most of it isn't necessary to play the game...Its just if I wait a little longer will I get a chance to play the game with out having to swap the plug in?

Well any way I think the GLn64 Plug in will have to do for the moment. Let us know if theres any changes!

Cheers lads.

Dr_shadow

one thing, have you tried playing in pj64, I may be BSing, but I think the save states are compatible, and you should get it running with really minor problems (actually, there are just very few configs that run this game "perfectly", so to speak) tell me if it helped....

CharlieBrown

Well I've tried playing with Jabo's plugin which is from Project64 and found that the graphics are a little screwed. I think the best plugin I have tried is the glN64 plugin as it seems to fix most things.

Nighty0

Gentoo n00b
ArcaneLore said:
Could you post your plugin and settings? Could you AT LEAST tell me what you have different than my settings? I'd think that you would know if the bomber notebook gave you trouble, seeing as it is a MAJOR aspect of the game.

The save state is 2.87 MB, sorry.

I don't know your settings, i don't know what is your videocard to recommend one.
I use pixel shader or semipixel shader, since i have a GFFX5600.

OP
A

ArcaneLore

...All my hardware specifications and settings are in the first post. I want YOU to look and PERSONALLY TELL ME what the differences are between your settings and mine.

I highly doubt your credibility, as you failed to see the 4+ screenshots in the beginning of this thread.

OP
A

ArcaneLore

Hmmm...I'm now getting this problem with Rice's. At the winter place, if I hit start, the background shows the screen that I previously came from, the goron cave.

Nighty0

Gentoo n00b
ArcaneLore said:
I highly doubt your credibility, as you failed to see the 4+ screenshots in the beginning of this thread.

Credibility? who failed? where failed? i don't see anywhere here that lost the credibility. probably YOU lost some, because you made double posts. read the rules, pls. don't make double posts, use edit button.

I'm using default settings with pixelshader. And yep, Rice probably knows that bomber's notebook have problems, he will try to fix if he have time and interest.
I tried many settings without success. You need to use another plugin........

-Shadow-

Banned
nah , he's da maaaan , he makes triple and quadruple posts , only big-time stuff :D

And what should the stuff with the screens mean ?

[sadism]Arcane Lore , why are you complaini'n about that little glitch ? He's so little that you can even play the game !!![/sadism]

Last edited:

Engeljaeger

professional pessimist
@ Arcane Lore:
You don't even sound like the type of guys people like to help............

But hey...I got the answer to all of your problems (naaah...not suicide :p )
It's called N64 + Zelda: MM cardridge ;p

OP
A

ArcaneLore

Grrrrrrrrr

Nighty0 said:
Credibility? who failed? where failed? i don't see anywhere here that lost the credibility. probably YOU lost some, because you made double posts. read the rules, pls. don't make double posts, use edit button.

I'm using default settings with pixelshader. And yep, Rice probably knows that bomber's notebook have problems, he will try to fix if he have time and interest.
I tried many settings without success. You need to use another plugin........

I'll show you where you failed, at this forum, and at life.

1. You BLATANTLY ignored the first post. How THE HELL can you respond to a problem is you don't even read the original problem in the first post?

2. You resulted to flaming to cover up your obvious mistake.

3. I double posted to bump the topic up from topic #20 something. If there was a BUMP button, I'd hit that, but there isn't. Editing posts doesn't bump the message either. Should I have created a new topic only a few days after the original was created? Should I re-upload all the pictures, too? Or, should I just link to the original topic, completely eliminating ANY point of creating the new topic in the first place?

4. IGNORE THIS IF ENGLISH ISN'T YOUR FIRST LANGUAGE: I'd criticize this if you did it, so I might as well. You fail at grammar. I'll point out just a few mistakes:

"I'm using default settings with pixelshader. And yep, Rice probably knows that the (definite article needed) Bombers' notebook has problems, and he will try to fix if he has time and interest."

5. You restated the obvious, I need to use another plugin, but failed to point out a plugin combo that would work other than the ones that I have listed that do NOT work.

6. Sorry if this is considered flaming. Your post made me VERY mad, and provoked me into flaming you back.

-Shadow-

Banned
IGNORE THIS IF ENGLISH ISN'T YOUR FIRST LANGUAGE:

English isn't his first language . He is from Brazil , english is even a third language ( i think) , they learn german as a second language .

Maaan , why do I hear that everyone who flames a lil' bit is someone who failed in RL ?

sry 4 off-topic :D

Last edited: