What's new

Problem in Majora's Mask - Bomber Notebook

ArcaneLore

When I hit 'A' on the bomber notebook in the inventory screen, the noise of the notebook opening plays, but the inventory screen does not. Nothing changes visually, and the bomber notebook does not show on screen.

<b>Can anyone help me? Does anyone know what is going wrong?
I REALLY want to play this game. If anyone can help me, they will be my new master.</b>

SPECS:
P4G8X Deluxe Motherboard, latest BIOS. 120GB Dexstar 7200 rpm 8 MB cache HD. P4 2.8GHz 533MHz BUS. 2 sticks of 512MB pc2700 totalling 1GB ram. Radeon 9800 Pro 128MB.

I have no sound card, the onboard sound of the motherboard is used. Sound plays perfectly, and that is not my problem.

1964 SETTINGS:
Rice Video 5.50

<b>Pictures of my video settings are attached.</b>

-Shadow-

Banned
I would recommend to use another plugin (Jabo's or GLn64) if you want to look in the book , i got the same glitch with Rice's...

-Shadow-

Banned
Hmmmm , I messed a lot around the room :D , but nothing worked ^^

I think it's sumthin with the Framebuffer , when i Put it on , the picture gets zoomed to a corner of the screen , where a picture in the framebuffer image should be... maybe the bomber's book ? :D

Last edited:
OP
A

ArcaneLore

I tried Jabo's, but now I have MORE problems. In Jabo's 1.5.1, the screen turns black shortly after using the lens of truth. In gln64, the lens of truth doesn't reveal hidden objects.

Can someone please help me?

-Shadow-

Banned
I would recommend to use Rice's plugin (don't forget to turn Render-to-Texture on , or you won't see several sequences in the game!) , the only lens of truth glitch , which is left , can you see on my screenshot...

The glitch is only visible , when something is on the screen , which is affected by the Lens of truth....

OP
A

ArcaneLore

With Rice's plugin, I see flickering in the beginning cutscene and during all the cutscenes in the game. Do you know how to fix that? Also, how do I fix the no bomber book glitch?

Last edited:

-Shadow-

Banned
1. The Cut-Scenes : Turn Framebuffer off .
2. L.o.T. : You need rice's to get it working.... there is no other pluggin (except Glide64) , that can make this effect look playable...

-Shadow-

Banned
L.o.T. = Lens of Truth , i'm tired of writing the complete version :D

I think there are no stripes with the Basic FB+Write back (FB = FrameBuffer!).... the normal Basic FB produces this stripes...

OP
A

ArcaneLore

Nope, it still produces flickering. If you'll look in my post, the picture include clearly shows basic and write back enabled. You get some reputation for continuing to help me, though.

Modem

ph33r teh hammy!
If you're using updated ATI drivers, try downgrading one or two versions. Perhaps something they did screwed it up.

CharlieBrown

Christ.....I seem to be having the same problem with the Bombers note book. I can see note book when I use Jabo's Plugin but no matter how much I mess around with the settings I can't get Rice's Plugin to get it to show.

AAaarrggh!

I've attached a Jpg (erm?) to show you what happens (no matter what fiddling I do!)

I've not actually got that far in the game but it would be nice to know that the L.O.T thing is working in Rice's Plugin ?????

OP
A

ArcaneLore

I tried Glide64 with Evoodoo 3.99, but I couldn't get many of the things in MM to work. The lens of truth didn't work, and it lagged the computer. Fog didn't show, so the Snow place in MM looked HORRIBLE, and there was another glitch that is escaping me at the moment.

Does anyone know how to set Glide64 to emulate this game, or is there a fix for Rice's Plugin? The weekend is here, and I'd appreciate an answer.

Nighty0

Gentoo n00b
ArcaneLore said:
I'll keep asking until Rice fixes the plugin to play Majora's Mask or somebody helps me out.

I don't have problems at all with majora's mask. But i can't confirm the bomber notebook problem since i not played much. I don't have the notebook.
If you can post a save state or your sram file, we will be thankful.

OP
A

ArcaneLore

Could you post your plugin and settings? Could you AT LEAST tell me what you have different than my settings? I'd think that you would know if the bomber notebook gave you trouble, seeing as it is a MAJOR aspect of the game.

The save state is 2.87 MB, sorry.