What's new

prerelease 2 feedback

crhylove

Banned
beetle adventure racing locks up the whole computer necessitates a hard boot.

auto lambo crashes and closes 1964

cruisn' world seems 2 work flawlessly

RR64 still crashes on impact. :)

the beetle problem is pretty radical, was wondering if anyone had this same thing, or if i'm compiling it wrong? how do i tell if i have release candidate 5 of c++?

piece.
rhy

Rice

Emulator Developer
Does Better racing work in PJ64 on your PC? 1964 crashes sometime, but usually it does not crash the OS so bad.

OP
crhylove

crhylove

Banned
others...

virtual chess 64 is flawless.
top gear rally 2 has massive menu problems, in game is perfect.
same with tony hawk 2.
wave race is almost perfect.
turok 2 would not load (black screen)
rogue squadron wouldn't load (black).
dk64 black screen...
puzzle league still has massive gfx problems (is this jabo?)
gauntlet legends black screen
new tetris VERY close, blocks visible only after landing, though... so still not playable.]
excitebike 64 loads fine, but then the gfx are way zoomed out and in the wrong spot. lol
perfect dark is AMAZING, although slow on my crappy pc. athlon soon, i HOPE!

dr mario 64 is SOOO close to playable. if i memorize key presses i can actually beat levels. but it is VERY hard... lol good job though, this is one of my fave multiplayer games.

FYI i'm always on no audio and jabo 1.4 i know rogue is supposed to be rcp or whatever. :) also i'm doing my own compile of the source, so who knows if i'm doing it right. lol

anyway, i know u guys aren't like supporting this release, but if this info helps you, cool! that's my only objective.

:devil:
:1964:

OP
crhylove

crhylove

Banned
beetle adventure is fine in pj64, although VERY slow... lol but it doesn't lock up my whole machine as it does in 1964, so it's not a jabo/voodoo problem. i'll recheck my service pack settings right now....
no it's just the regular one... can i get the patch from microsoft.com?

sk8bloke22

roll for life
bettle adventure racing is fine in 1964.0.8 - its slow, but still playable, and the gfx seem as pretty good.
donkey kong 64 is fine, apart from the usual odd gfx glitches - no 32-bit core
turok 2 loads fine - no32-bit core
thps2 works fine
gauntlet ledgends - no link 4k and no 32-bit core

OP
crhylove

crhylove

Banned
are you using the new prerelease 2?

and i didn't know about the settings for gauntlet legends....

thanx!!!

rhy

OP
crhylove

crhylove

Banned
oh yeah, and i said thps 2 worx fine, just menus not perfect for me probably cuz of my voodoo card....

rhy

sk8bloke22

roll for life
its got to be set on internal. it still could be your voodoo though.

most of those probs could be sorted out with a decent .ini.

guess that can come with a full release.

OP
crhylove

crhylove

Banned
? 4 rice n schibo...

ok, i'm a bit hung over like any good irishman ought 2 be this mornin'...

but i just got 2 thinkin'.

that small list of games i tried out in RC 2 was mainly from the almost playable catagory. is this the most valuable test for you guys? what roms are you working on specifically in the next release? or are you working in overall ucode/api calls?

i have almost 300 romz, all of them (u) in goodn, except where only an (e) is available, and then i have that. about 30 of my games don't come up with any data in any ini. say that aloud "in any ini". that's funny.

also, i use an adaptoid and real n64 controller, and here's my specs:

k6-3 400
voodoo 3
multiple sound cards

athlon 850
geforce 2 200mx (yeah, the CHEAPEST geforce).

i mainly test on the former though, as the other one is my work horse for the video production company i work for.

honestly i never really play on it :) but i plan on duplicating slowly part by part in my living room, i'm about half way there right now, actually.

:1964:

jvolel

Destoryer of worlds
I get big time slow down with tony hawk 2, am using p3 933 pc133 256ram geforce 2 gts runnin win me

OP
crhylove

crhylove

Banned
various thoughts after more serious testing.

i'm in :inlove: with 1964. and every release is like xmas for me.

just so you guys know.

i've been doing alot of testing though, because i have 2 spankin' new athlon/geforce combos. (one of which i'm sellin' for $500).

the other i'm keepin. YAY!

with the geforce, there are alot of gfx fixes over the voodoo 3, obviously as jabo's is designed around the geforce line.

i still get occasional crashes in the latest release .8pre2. in some games that worked flawlessly previously.

beetle adventure racing being the top of the list, cause i like that one.

ALOT of games display up and to the right. banjo kazooie, among others.

My personal compat list is only about 50%, actually, but that 50% runs better than any other emu, i feel.

Games that run especially well (so far):

1080 (no sound though)
all star tennis 99
Auto Lambo
armorines
both army men
asteroids hyper
both battle tanx (wierdly slow sometimes) i say wierd cause it plays very fast in corn.
banjo kazooie
bass masters 2000
batman beyond
beast wars
big mountain
bio freaks
blues brothers 2000
super mario (obviously)

games that crash or have other problems:

bug's life (even with reset)
aerofighter
aerogauge (loads then crashes have to REBOOT)
airboarder
banjo tooie (encryption yadda yadda)
both bass hunters. (i have 2 for some reason)
battle for naboo
battlezone rise of the black dogs (jabo problem, right? plays very well, other than you see crap everywhere)
beetle adventure racing
blast corps

i'll add more every day, as you can see i'm only halfway through the B's!!! i have ~300 romz, so u know... it's alot of work.

also, sometimes setting the CF higher actually slows games. cf 2 is almost always the best. i found that auto lambo plays very well with all defaults.

i'll also post my ini when i'm done.

specs:
athlon 950
geforce 2 mx 200
wingman rumble (nrage 160) (and i test rumble in every game)
jabo 1.4 directx 7
128 mb
azimer .4 on everything. (yay azi! u rock!)

more from me soon!

OP
crhylove

crhylove

Banned
woops!

oh, that corn comment is with regards to asteroids hyper... not battle tanx.... obviously i have not gotten corn to run either battle tanx... lol

rhy

OP
crhylove

crhylove

Banned
update....

...ok, now i've fixed some of the romz, somehow the settings where screwed up, i don't remember doing it.... but here's my working list so far (i'm in the early d's)....

Doesn't work:
(bear in mind, my settings may be off, let me know if they are..)
bug's life
tooie
bass hunter (e)
battle for naboo
battlezone (jabo)
blast corps
body harvest (almost works)
bomberman 64
bomberman second attack
bust a move 99
bust a move 3 dx
chameleon twist 2
chopper attack
command & conquer
cruis'n USA
Cruis'n Exotica
Dark Rift
Deadly Arts
Destruction Derby
Diddy Kong Racing
Donkey Kong 64
Dr. Mario 64 (jabo?)

Works:
aerogauge
airboarder (e)
all star tennis
armorines
army men air
sarge's heros
asteroids hyper
auto lambo
banjo-kazooie
bass masters 2000
batman beyond
battle tanx
global assault
beast wars
beetle adventure
big mountain
bio freaks
blues brothers 2000
bomberman hero
bottom of the 9th
buck bumble
bust a move 2 arcade edition
california speed
carmaggedon
castlevania
centre court tennis
chameleon twist
charlie's blast
clay fighter
conker's bad fur day
cruis'n world
cyber tiger
daikatana

now i'm only into the d's but i fixed many over my last post, so i thought i'd show everybody. attached here is my rom list, let me know if i'm missing any, i want to be a thurough beta tester.

rhy

also, i cannot for the life of me adjust the CF settings in prerelease 2. if i do everything gets slower no matter what. cf = 2 is always the fastest, no exception on any rom that i've tried. let me know if i m way out in left field here, but i think that is really bizzarre, unless that is a part of prerelease 2, in which case i should probably work on an older version ini, or a later one ? /me rubs the magic buddha for luck.

schibo/rice. u guys rock! let me know when you are in riverside, and i'll smoke you out big time.

OP
crhylove

crhylove

Banned
oh what the hay....

here's my latest ini (for .8 pre2) keep in mind it is a heavy work in progress, and i'm only up to dr mario alphabetically.....

but at least for those of you trying out .8 pre 2 it might be a spring board.

rhy

schibo

Emulator Developer
I wouldn't bother making an ini for the unnoficial prerelease. It will only frustrate you when the official 0.8 is released. The "CF" timing is not the same.

F-3582

Sorry, I had to...
Bomberman64:
- use Jabo's D3D7 1.4
- turn on "Force Normal Blending"
- press START at the snow-scene in the intro
- enjoy!