What's new

Please read: Feedback thread for new EmuTalk

Smiff

Emutalk Member
well i can't see the option for that but thanks, i'm just gonna wait until this gets out of beta and people have a chance to sort these things out, no point fighting it :)

DuDe

Emu64 Staff
OK, another thing that bothers me : the boards no longer show how many new messages/posts were posted since my last visit...

OP
Martin

Martin

Administrator
DuDe said:
OK, another thing that bothers me : the boards no longer show how many new messages/posts were posted since my last visit...
...which was a hack for vBulletin 2. :)

Upgrading to Beta 4 now.

OP
Martin

Martin

Administrator
Ugh, sorry about the default images, I'm afraid I can't re-add the old emutalk ones since I'm not at home. you'll have to live with this for about 2 weeks :p

OP
Martin

Martin

Administrator
I was trying to move the attachments from database into file system, but something went wrong, meaning none of the old attachments (prior today) work at the moment. I'll try to get it sorted by tonight, but we'll see. I've asked at vbulletin.com for support. Sorry.

At least it seems I have fixed the add attachment on edit post problem now. :p

Edit: fixed, but we lost about 1/10 (1000) of our attachments, I hope none of the recent ones or we'll have to use the backup from right before we upgraded to vb3.

blizz

Martin said:
I was trying to move the attachments from database into file system, but something went wrong, meaning none of the old attachments (prior today) work at the moment. I'll try to get it sorted by tonight, but we'll see. I've asked at vbulletin.com for support. Sorry.

At least it seems I have fixed the add attachment on edit post problem now. :p

Edit: fixed, but we lost about 1/10 (1000) of our attachments, I hope none of the recent ones or we'll have to use the backup from right before we upgraded to vb3.
eh, it'd be just as easy to get the person to edit their post and upload a new attachment ;)

Jimbot

PJ64k Support Team
Well, I attach something by uploading it from my desktop where i saved it. Then, once its up on the internet, I don't need it anymore! So I delete it. Good point slougi

blizz

Jimbot said:
Well, I attach something by uploading it from my desktop where i saved it. Then, once its up on the internet, I don't need it anymore! So I delete it. Good point slougi
see my above message ;)

Remote

I don't know how much work this would be but any possibility of having the new posts since my last visit displayed on the first page, don't know if anyone else but me would want this but I have a hinch it could work out quite nice.

Although it's only a click away so it's probaly a overhead of work...

OP
Martin

Martin

Administrator
Remote said:
I don't know how much work this would be but any possibility of having the new posts since my last visit displayed on the first page, don't know if anyone else but me would want this but I have a hinch it could work out quite nice.

Although it's only a click away so it's probaly a overhead of work...
Well you have the "Welcome, Remote - View New Posts" in bold on top of each page (in the box), so it's on the first page as well.

Remote

Yes, I was more thinking of having the new posts page included between that the box that "Welcome R..." and the "What's going on" box below, but I guess the way it is now, with it being one click away from every page, it more then fine. :D