What's new

Please read: Feedback thread for new EmuTalk

Smiff

Emutalk Member
ok so so far i've got (sorry what i'm repeating):

- can't upload an avatar at all, so i have no avatar
- can't quote poeple in replies
- can't change attachments, apparently

some, all or none of the above are a result of me missing the obvious.

someone just told me there's a new vB beta out, maybe that will help somewhere.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
You can quote peoples' replies. Click the button right to the edit button, then check "quote message in reply" and hit go advanced.
You can also do a quick reply.
But the attachment ones is definetly a bug.

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Smiff i reported the avatar thing too, c'mon you guys, theres an option in the control panel to let normal users use it. i'm sure there is.

Or this leads me to believe it:
"The administrator may also have enabled custom avatars, which allows you to upload an avatar image from your computer."

Smiff said:

- can't quote poeple in replies
- can't change attachments, apparently

some, all or none of the above are a result of me missing the obvious.

someone just told me there's a new vB beta out, maybe that will help somewhere.
I can quote always, even with quick reply!

Smiff

Emutalk Member
ah ok i missed the "Quote Message in Reply?" button, BUT i want to be able to cut down to the part i'm responding to if possible.

Plisco

Sevillian
Smiff said:
i want to be able to cut down to the part i'm responding to if possible.

When you 'Go Advanced' you should see the the quoted message there so you can cut down.

Last edited:

Smiff

Emutalk Member
Plisco said:
When you 'Go Advanced'

ok why's it so complicated lol. and i have to click this go advanced every time? not really seeing why this is better, but anyway

remember age ago we did away with "quick replies" because they encouraged spam..

Jimbot

PJ64k Support Team
Smiff said:
ah ok i missed the "Quote Message in Reply?" button, BUT i want to be able to cut down to the part i'm responding to if possible.
You just hit the icon next to edit on the other persons post, then hit the box Quote message in reply to quote them. No advances are needed.

Plisco

Sevillian
Jimbot said:
You just hit the icon next to edit on the other persons post, then hit the box Quote message in reply to quote them. No advances are needed.
Yes but that quotes the entire message :getlost:. Smiff asked how to cut down the quoted message. *Cough* Check your stuff before you respond.
Edit: You make a fair point about the Spam Factor Smiff

Last edited:

DuDe

Emu64 Staff
Smiff said:

Well, you as a mod (super mod?) probably have a workaround to solve this... Click on your own profile, and then go to User Settings : you will then be able to change your avatar from the Mod CP... At least that's how it works for me...
But yeah, not to be able to change the avatar is kinda :puke: