What's new

Please Help!

jra64

I've downloaded Chankast Alpha v0.25 from the Chankast homepage. I got a hold of the Dreamcast BIOS and put it in the directory but it looks like this:

Bios.jpg

Is the menu screen supposed to look this bad?! I don't suspect this is normal. I have read some articles mentioning something about SSE or something along those lines, but I'm not sure how to check if my computer has it. It does load one of my Ikaruga images with full speed but it looks the same way the bios does.

Here's a picture:

Ikaruga.jpg

I looked at a video on YouTube and his Ikaruga was running perfectly on "Chankast EX" but I can't get anything to work for the EX version.

Could you guys please try helping me? I really feel like I'm at a standstill here, and I'm new to Dreamcast Emulation. Sorry for the rookie questions.

Dark Mits

Eternal Darkness
Post your computer specifications (ie. CPU clock, Memory size, Graphics adaptor etc.). Maybe it's a problem caused by your hardware.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
My somewhat educated guess is that he has an integrated Intel chip. Nothing he can do besides getting video card.

Last edited:
OP
J

jra64

=(, I just read the post about video looking "triangular" this does seem to be the problem, sorry for my Rookie mistake... This common must be pretty common. Maybe you should sticky this one seeing as it has pictures, etc. Well, thanks for your time guys...

EDIT: And for future regard, I couldn't get the EX version of Chankast to work because it kept asking for the date and time. It started, asked for the date and time, then I would set it and go try to load a game, after the game loads it would ask for date and time again! Replacing the dc_flash.bin seemed to fix the problem if anyone was having the same one I was.

Last edited:

Agozer

Yes, the set date/time screen showing over and over is the result of Dc_flash.bin being corrupt. Still, Chankast EX won't fix your original problem.

OP
J

jra64

I'm aware of that, sorry for not mentioning it. The problem is because of the integrated video card on my laptop =(. But I said I think this problem should be stickied because others might be struggling with the same situation. It took me a large amount of time to find out that it was my video card, might as well sticky it or put it somewhere important so many others can easily find it. All in all it's not my decision anyways.

Agozer

While I agree that perhaps universal problems like these should be rounded up and stickied, the problem is that in reality, very few members who come here looking for help actually read any of the stickies.

Oh well.

Last edited:

Allnatural

It took me a large amount of time to find out that it was my video card, might as well sticky it or put it somewhere important so many others can easily find it. All in all it's not my decision anyways.
It's in the user manual. If no one bothers to read that they surely won't bother to read a sticky.