What's new

Playstation 2 controller not registering Right Analogue "right"

rabiddeity

Plugin Hacker
please rule out the obvious first

Jabo's DInput is a very solid plugin *tips hat to the PJ64 team*, so if you have problems with input make sure it's not the hardware. Try a different plugin (latest NRage) or a different emulator (1964?) and see if the same problem happens there. If you run into the same problems with one of those, it's not the plugin. If you run into those issues in Jabo's and not with the other plugins/emulators then report it-- and say which emus/plugins you've tried. Same goes the other way, if you're reporting bugs in NRage (in the Plugins forum, please). This keeps us from chasing bugs that don't really exist.

Hey, the keyboard I'm typing on has a bad left windows key, and both optical mice I have (cheap ones) have a tendency to do a crazy cursor dance every so often. The Logitech joystick I have came with a button that says "RUMBLE"-- it doesn't just test the rumble, but in fact turns it on and off, a feature that surprised me when I thought rumble wasn't working! So it's not that uncommon for keys to go bad, weird hardware stuff to go wrong, or joysticks to not do what you expect them to.

I'm trying to post on input plugins thread, Jabo's DInput. Really, it does not work on my keyboard. I can register keyboard keys as N64 buttons, but there is no reaction when I try to use the keys.

Smiff

Emutalk Member
Revived Tesla said:
I'm trying to post on input plugins thread, Jabo's DInput. Really, it does not work on my keyboard. I can register keyboard keys as N64 buttons, but there is no reaction when I try to use the keys.

in any version of jabo's input? what about other input plugins? this is bizarre. i see you're from serbia perhaps you have a strange keyboard layout?!

Smiff said:
in any version of jabo's input? what about other input plugins? this is bizarre. i see you're from serbia perhaps you have a strange keyboard layout?!
I use Serbian kb layout, but my friends don't. This is what I figured by testing:
a) Jabo's DInput from PJ64 1.5 works fine with kb, joypad and joystick
b) Jabo's DInput from PJ64 1.6 works fine with joystick and joypad, but it can't register sliders Z-axes as N64 buttons, and it's buggy with the kb.
c) N-Rage's all wok fine with joypads, but not with kb.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
There are many different keyboard layouts. "Good" is subjective. Unless the emulator only detects keypresses via hardcoded scancodes, you shouldn't have any problems using QWERTY, QWERTZ, AZERTY, QZERTY or DVORAK layouts.

Smiff

Emutalk Member
yeah we want to support any keyboard..
can anyone else recreate problems with keyboard input?
does the plugin just not detect anything when you press the key to set?
im not sure if changing my windows regional settings will allow me to test this?

Phreaker47

Just wanted to report that the EMS USB2 adapters work great with all buttons and features of the PS2 controller, including rumble... but I have to use the 1.8 plugin because the rumble is buggy on the older one. I have used both stock controllers and Logitech Wireless Action with flawless performance.