What's new

Playstation 2 controller not registering Right Analogue "right"

snesreviews

I have a strange problem - my analogue sticks are both fully calibrated as detailed in the windows controllers screen and everything works in Project64... except the RIGHT analogue stick, and only when I try to tell it to go to the right!

Left, up and down all work - its only when I try to get it to register going right. I figure the entry it's supposed to register is Z+, but I can't seem to get into the config file to edit it (config file doesnt seem to be standard text). Anybody else got this problem? It's using the Super Joy Box 5 Pro, a ps2 controller and project64 1.6.

By the way, this emulator rules! So cool to get playing N64 games on PC! My N64's controller got busted so I can't play on it any more (kick ass controllers, but durability sucks).

axcc123

Hungry For Answers
depending on what country you live in nintendo still has controllers for 64 but they ship only in the usa. the nintendo store has some

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
I've been hearing reports from a good number of people who use the Super Joy Box 5 Pro that they too have issues when setting up directions/axes/buttons etc.

This isn't just narrowed down to Project64 either.

OP
S

snesreviews

The thing that makes me think there's a problem, though, is that it calibrates fine in the joypad screen and it works with every other game - the only time I have ever run into problems with this converter is when I try and plug in more than one controller, and that's sorted if I disconnect the usb before I plug the controllers into it. Definitely looks like an issue with the software not picking it up properly to me... :-s.

Smiff

Emutalk Member
the Super Joy Box 5 Pro is a good adapter, i will make sure it's supported in v1.7.
also all other MayFlash products we should support..

edit:
ok i can't get anything other than S0- in v1.6
the good news is this is already fixed in 1.7.0.8 by the slider work we did a few months back. all axes seem to bind fine. i'm using right stick as C-buttons, is that what you wanted?
bad news may be that you don't have 1.7?..
well, that's the info.

Last edited:
Not to spam but my PSOne controller works fine with Boom PSX+N64 USB Converter and PJ64 and I also use the right stick as the C Buttons :bouncy:

OP
S

snesreviews

Hi again,

Donated to get the most recent version (and because I'm a nice guy ;)) and discoverd it still didn't work, then realised there were different input plugins available. The n-rage direct input worked fine... and it was available in 1.6 as well so I didn't actually have to donate. Ah well - I have no regrets - God knows the developers have written some serious peice of kit, and there seems to be loads of other benefits of being a member ;).

Smiff

Emutalk Member
hi, well i did get out a joybox 5 pro and test it and find it to be fixed so hmm

edit: ah, you probably haven't downloaded the very latest build, 1.7.0.8? this must be downloaded seperately from the latest package. we can discuss this on the site :) either that or its a driver issues.. post on member forum if you'd like to figure it out :)

Last edited:
OP
S

snesreviews

Hey - it works well and I have that warm feeling for donating - I'm happy enough... if you want any help with debugging it though, let me know.

OP
S

snesreviews

BTW, The most recent version I was using was 1.7.0.6... dont really have time to look round all the cool stuff up for offer now but I can sleep now knowing that this stuff works :). Would you guys prefer if it worked with Jabos direct plugin? It wasnt the axes that didnt work for some reason - it was the buttons. And it thought the dpad was the same as the left analogue stick - no such problem with the nrage one.

Smiff

Emutalk Member
yeah when you get time please click Files, then scroll down to Jabo_DInput.dll

we only do complete packages every so often when there are more "stable" builds done.

then please try jabo's plug a bit and if theres still bugs post in input bugs forum please. we want to make sure the basic features of jabos work right for everyone so people who want a basic input plugin dont have to change to n-rage's.

get the newer other files aswell, e.g. the core should be a lot faster than what's in .6 package :)

Last edited:
OP
S

snesreviews

Thankfully since my upgrade, I dont really need to worry about performance any more (x1300 ATI radeon 512MB, 2GB ram, 3GHz cpu). I can have full frame rate with linux running on a virtual machine in the background ;). Even on my old 333 MHz workhorse ages ago, though, project 64 had a pretty good framerate with starfox (just no other games).

God I loved that machine. It will always have a special place in my heart.

*sob*

I might get a chance to try that out now the girlfriend's on the phone... ;)

Smiff said:
please try jabo's plug a bit and if theres still bugs post in input bugs forum please. we want to make sure the basic features of jabos work right for everyone so people who want a basic input plugin dont have to change to n-rage's.

Where do we do that? On this, or on PJ64 site? 'Cause I have a bug with Jabo's D Input...

Smiff

Emutalk Member
members post on the site please
non-members can report bugs here if they like but there are no guarantees that we'll get to it (and of course, you won't be able to try new builds to see if it's fixed, unfortunately).
i was talking to snesreviews really

Smiff said:
members post on the site please
non-members can report bugs here if they like but there are no guarantees that we'll get to it (and of course, you won't be able to try new builds to see if it's fixed, unfortunately).
i was talking to snesreviews really
When I try to wite a new post on Jabo's DInput thread, it says I do not have privileges to post there.
The bug is: Jabo's DInput works fine won't set up slider when I want to make some control use it, nor Z-axis. It also won't work with half of keyboards I used it on (on mine it doesn't work, like on keyboards of some of mine friends. It works on my laptop and only one friend's keyboard).

Smiff

Emutalk Member
Revived Tesla
are you trying to post on the bug tracker or the member forum?
i have never heard of it not working on some keyboards.