What's new

Pj64 1.7

El Duderino

Smiff said:
Turgo, i know you're kidding, but just for fun here's 2 flaws with "pretend like project is still alive and rack in the money" (in case anyone thinks that):

1) you don't think people would come running back here and complain publically ("hey d00dz, i've been suckered!"). we're either doing some amazing moderation (hah - even on forums we don't control - or some mind control, or people are touch wood fairly happy with what's going on.

2) even if we were only doing the site and not working on the emulator at all, with the number of donators it'd still stay pay better to work at McDonalds.

I still consider myself a noob here, yet it made sense to me.

Iconoclast

Smiff said:
Turgo, i know you're kidding, but just for fun here's 2 flaws with "pretend like project is still alive and rack in the money" (in case anyone thinks that):

1) you don't think people would come running back here and complain publically ("hey d00dz, i've been suckered!"). we're either doing some amazing moderation (hah - even on forums we don't control - or some mind control, or people are touch wood fairly happy with what's going on.

2) even if we were only doing the site and not working on the emulator at all, with the number of donators it'd still stay pay better to work at McDonalds.
I'm afraid I don't get it.

"Here's two flaws with "Pretend like Project64 is still alive, and rack in the money:"

OK, the part I don't understand is the word 'rack'. I'll have you know I have a terrible vocabulary, and Dictionary.com didn't make sense to me what Smiff was thinking when he used the word. So I wonder, is he saying, "Here's two flaws with "Pretend like Project64 is still alive, and don't donate anything to Zilmar, thinking that the donations won't count:"? Or was he saying, "Here's two flaws with, "Pretend like Project64 is still alive (as in not discontinued), and pay donations for a version that won't come out?"

Sorry, but I have LD, and have a hard time understanding things, it doesn't mean I'm retarded or anything.

The rest of the above quoted post...it just sounded like a bunch of I got suckered, haha, programmers get paid for than McDonald's workers, and I'm like, What is this?! It just seemed to switch from getting suckered to moderating these forums. I just couldn't even understand if that post even regarded why we should make donations.

But I understand everything ELSE that Smiff said, which means I believe that donations do count. In fact, when I was doing some programming on my own stuff, I felt a little like zilmar. Like nobody wanted the stuff I made (which they didn't!), I was programming for nothing, and I got lazy. Just Flash ActionScript programming, though, not like Project64 or anything. I understand that donations count. In fact, I would make a donation, but I'm 15, and I don't know how bills work here. I don't know how PayPal works, and for all I know, my parents will find out, and I hate talking to them. I haven't donated yet basically because of household concerns.

Sorry for the long and complicated post.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
First sentence means "Do you not think that people would come here and make posts how they've been tricked (that is, donated but not gotten anything)?" Either they don't (come here and post that) or the moderators have some very advanced moderating stuff to remove it all before anyone sees it (even on other sites).

And for the second, the number of donations give less money than they would get by working at McDonald's.

dazey238

For God's sake....

I'm getting really fed up of seeing this nonsense from people getting uppity about paying $20 to join the Beta program!!!!!! You people are SOOOO tight! For god's sake if you don't want to pay $20 which is frankly a pittance anyway considering what it buys you, then just download 1.6 (which is FREE) and be thankful for all the hard work that the PJ64 team have put in over 6 years (SIX YEARS!) for getting this emulator to the level it is now i.e. almost perfect.

I thought they'd finished with 1.5 and that was good enough for me (and I'm sure many others) - why can't you idiots just be happy that the project is still going! I feel bad for the team that they even have to be replying to this kind of nonsense and to be honest I wouldn't be surprised if dwindling donations + internet skinflints putting their feet in their mouths = end of project.

$20 IS THE EQUIVALENT OF A FEW BEERS SO WHY NOT JUST RATIONALISE IT THAT YOU'RE BUYING A ROUND OF DRINKS FOR THE PJ64 TEAM?

Last edited:

gandalf

Member ready to help
lol

beer only "works" for a wile, this 20 bucks donation, motivates the autors to continue with pj64, and that´s a lot ;)

squeakypants

$20 IS THE EQUIVALENT OF A FEW BEERS SO WHY NOT JUST RATIONALISE IT THAT YOU'RE BUYING A ROUND OF DRINKS FOR THE PJ64 TEAM?
Because then they couldn't buy a round for themselves. Also, your big ugly capitalized letters are hard to read. Next time, try bolding.

davidpoiu

I thought they'd finished with 1.5 and that was good enough for me
I guess no. The 1.6 version has a lot of improvements and fixes, IMO.
For example, a lot of times in 1.5, when I played Goldeneye, it says a lot of times "Access violation", "Access violation"... And look at 1.6... those messages don't appear! :)

dazey238

squeakypants said:
Because then they couldn't buy a round for themselves. Also, your big ugly capitalized letters are hard to read. Next time, try bolding.

Oh ok, well I'd better consider myself 'educated' - LOL (there's your bolding - with caps ha ha). God, I love the Internet :p

Oh yeah please don't get me wrong, davidpoiu, 1.6 is fantastic - that's what I'm saying, why can't people just be happy with that hmmmm? Instead of all this grumbling.

dazey238

gandalf said:
lol

beer only "works" for a wile, this 20 bucks donation, motivates the autors to continue with pj64, and that´s a lot ;)

Hee hee, fair point. :D

I suppose I was just trying to get people to see how little $20 is to ask compared to not only what you get in the Beta program but what PJ64 1.6 gives you, but we're on the same page anyway I think :)

davidpoiu

Oh yeah please don't get me wrong, davidpoiu, 1.6 is fantastic - that's what I'm saying, why can't people just be happy with that hmmmm?
Yeah, I agree with that. As all know, some things fails. But yes, it's a great emulator. The people should be happe with that, they don't understand than do an emulator it's hard.

squeakypants

I think if you have the money to spare, why not give it to them? Here is an easy equation to go with:
Code:
Amount of time Project64 has given you pleasure + that of getting the 1.7 betas - ($20 / average $$ you earn per hour)

If the answer is positive (0 or more) then it's a good deal.