What's new

Pj64 1.7

Cheezyphil

megahuge gaming bwner
i wonder if they'll fix the sprite rotation problem for Yoshi's Story. Hope they do.

Anyway, if 1.7 does make Yoshi any better, $$$ is comin to paypal:bouncy:

WhiteX

Anyway, if 1.7 does make Yoshi any better, $$$ is comin to paypal

You guys must understand that the donation must come freely because they will not change their development cycle in any way to make game A or B work because of a donation.

You can get the latest beta f you pay $20

Also to note that with a donation comes the privilege to be able to download a beta for 1.7, this privilege can be taken out at any moment for no reason at all, remember it is a donation, not a purchase.

WhiteX

No, it is not the same, if one thinks it is a purchase, one may ask for "consumer rights", which one does not have since he was gifted by his donation and PJ64 is not a commercial emulator.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
deathace said:
as long as people keep paying to buy these betas, the official 1.7 will never be released.
Idiocy! If anything, it will come faster if everyone donates.

Niggy G

HTAFC will rise again!!!
Doomulation said:
Idiocy! If anything, it will come faster if everyone donates.

It probably won't make a difference, but when it is released if your a paid member then surly you'll just then get access to 1.8 beta?

The donation is more a sign of appreciation than getting the newer version.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Don't say no ;)
If people donated enough to zilmar and jabo, they would not need work and dev would be faster ;)
But, it is a little hard to get that much money, so it probably won't make a differenece.

Smiff

Emutalk Member
there's a much simpler point you're maybe missing:

1. zilmar gets a donation (at say.. 2:35 pm)
  2. zilmar is more keen to do some more coding for pj64 then or that evening.

OR

1. zilmar doesn't get a donation today
  2. zilmar thinks maybe not so many people care and he should do something else... or he doesn't think about pj64 at all then.

that's how it goes. which do you (user of pj64) want it to be? emotional blackmail maybe but this is the truth. every time a donation comes in is a little "ping! (imagine a sound) I value your time on this".

he's been grabbing every bit of free time before and after work to get the new core out which is out today for members. with no guarantee he'll get anything back other than satisfaction of doing a good job. think about that, that's pretty remarkable.

it's mostly that simple folks. there's been a lot happening in pj64 recently despite not many donations, but he can't always be so motivated, the donations help then. you want to keep the motivation up, keep the donations up. there's only so much i can do by talking to him ;)

what WhiteX said above is good.

Cheezyphil, i'm not sure what the status of Yoshi's Story is, i'll take a look later. i don't mind people saying what's happened, it's not the same as saying we'll do this for you.

Last edited:
OP
Cheezyphil

Cheezyphil

megahuge gaming bwner
WhiteX said:
You guys must understand that the donation must come freely because they will not change their development cycle in any way to make game A or B work because of a donation.
well, that's not what i really meant.

I mean, regardless of whether they fix it, i still will support and donate to pj64 anyway.just donated like $20 yesterday :bouncy:

btw, "zilmar cookies" ?

WhiteX

Anyway, if 1.7 does make Yoshi any better, $$$ is comin to paypal

That is not what your first post implies.

Anyway, i find that the whole donation/award thing dhould be always let out in the open to avoid misunderstandings.

A.I.

Banned
You know there's a faster way. Donate PJ64 1.6 to the kids in Africa (Surely one of them has a computer) then Brangelina would be sure to donate a couple of million for 1.7 and possibly name their next baby PJ64 or Shiloh 1.7. If that doesn't work there's always Tomkat. :D

Turgo

I will put this simply.
Money=Happy Zimar=Motivation=PJ64 1.7 Stable!
no really If people gave me money for somthing I was doing... what would I do? Heck I would give them more of it.... that or pretend like project is still alive and rack in the money. Also its not truley a donation. Cause in order to get the betas you have to pay. But if they say that insted of saying donation, Nintindo might have a thing or two to say about that.
Umm I hope i made sence.

Smiff

Emutalk Member
Turgo, i know you're kidding, but just for fun here's 2 flaws with "pretend like project is still alive and rack in the money" (in case anyone thinks that):

1) you don't think people would come running back here and complain publically ("hey d00dz, i've been suckered!"). we're either doing some amazing moderation (hah - even on forums we don't control - or some mind control, or people are touch wood fairly happy with what's going on.

2) even if we were only doing the site and not working on the emulator at all, with the number of donators it'd still stay pay better to work at McDonalds.

Burnpro

Supar ***
Smiff said:
Turgo, i know you're kidding, but just for fun here's 2 flaws with "pretend like project is still alive and rack in the money" (in case anyone thinks that):

1) you don't think people would come running back here and complain publically ("hey d00dz, i've been suckered!"). we're either doing some amazing moderation (hah - even on forums we don't control - or some mind control, or people are touch wood fairly happy with what's going on.

2) even if we were only doing the site and not working on the emulator at all, with the number of donators it'd still stay pay better to work at McDonalds.

This post made no sence at all.

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
i can understand it.

smiff comes across as understandable 99.9% of the time. its very rarely you have to ask him to clarify. :p... unless your an idiot.. which i am sometimes LOL

OP
Cheezyphil

Cheezyphil

megahuge gaming bwner
Smiff said:

It made sense to me.