What's new

Pictures of a (dead ?) software gfx plugin

Villela

Hacktarux this plugin is/will be GPL?

You requesting help make i believe it is, and i want this plugin because i have no 3D aceleration at Linux

Someome already is working at the plugin?

If not you will release the plugin only if someone make him better or you think if no one apears you release the source or you will work on the plugin?

And thanks for your great work with Mupen64 ;-)

OP
Hacktarux

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
i'm currently setting up a source forge project for this plugin but dunno when i'll have the time to upload the files.

ciruZ

Hacktarux said:
i'm currently setting up a source forge project for this plugin but dunno when i'll have the time to upload the files.
Well, will there be CVS builds? I know, you code it alone, but it would be a good to see and test your current work ;)
Or if no cvs at least dayly builds we can test :)

OP
Hacktarux

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
OMG !!! Dayly builds ! You want to kill me ? FYI, i have a lot of things to do, and i'm far from working on emu projects every days....

Anyway, if you have read the previous posts, you would know that i'm unsure to continue working on this soft plugin, so i'll set up cvs and every things for team work, and we'll see if it some people are interested to try continuing it ;)

ciruZ

The dayly build only if something was changed :p.
I meant that you release the changes you made, not 5 times a day, maximal 1 time per day. ;)
But CVS would be the better way ;)

ToeJam

this looks interesting Hacktarux, Thanks for setting it up on sourceforge! :)
I Think i'm gonna try and port it to Sixtyforce, or at least try to before someone with more skill does.

CyZyco

software render

Felipe said:
good to know that,make an announcement in sites like ngemu that surely will give the news about this plugin,maybe someone will answer you.

You got enter in project??

OP
Hacktarux

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
Do you remember this thread ? Finally i've continued this plugin a little bit in the past few days, here are two screenshots:

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
Great work Hacktarux! Impressive shots :)
I'm looking forward to try a soft GFX plugin. Are you planning to release it sometime in the future? (maybe when it'll be more complete and stable).

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
well Hacktarux's system is 1ghz according to his profile so it should be a lot faster for me (I have 2 ghz), should at least double the frame rate, the plugin looks pretty neat... could you show us silicon valley's game intro running in it...? the bit after you start a new game :p

OP
Hacktarux

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
Well... i've forgot to update my profile, i have an amd64 now :p

I think that speed can be greatly increased if i use asm and SSE instructions but i'm not there yet.

The plugin can only play mario right now, but it'll change quickly i think :)

olivieryuyu

Doomulation said:
Cool hacktarux! Are you planning on trying to show us some framebuffer effects too? :happy:

interesting. I'm looking forward to seeing the progress of this WIP

if i understand well a software gfx plugin should not have any problem to display frame buffer effect (except for those called directly by the CPU, which is a core problem)

:)

OP
Hacktarux

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
Frame buffer effects won't be a problem, even those that are generated by the CPU.

A screenshot with fog:

olivieryuyu

Hacktarux said:
Frame buffer effects won't be a problem, even those that are generated by the CPU.

hmm yes but if the CPU doesn't call the functions needed by the gfx plugin, how will they be dectected ?

i'm afraid to have not understood all ....

Good luck !!!

BountyJedi

nice :D

i've always wanted to see a pure software plugin for compatibility

just a question is the cvs up or not by now or whatever it was? =p