What's new

....Perfection?

OP
AzNStYleZ

AzNStYleZ

RPG Crack Addict
petronius79 said:
no matter how perfect the emulation is, even if it is a direct port to PC, nothing compares to the analogue composite TV signal of the old consoles and the tv sound or the arcade.

even when I play my favourite games through emulation I feel that something is missing, even in the perfect neo geo games.

I only wonder how I managed to tolerate the tiny screen of the Game Boy for so many years when I was a kid. I tried recently to play a game on the Gameboy after so many years and my eyes squinted.

Well, who plays NES nowadays i mean the damn system is so played out :doh: n well SNES ppl still play because of final fantasy and junk but when u said something is missing i think it was the feel of the controller/gameboy in ur hand :D

aprentice

AzNStYleZ said:
Well, who plays NES nowadays i mean the damn system is so played out :doh: n well SNES ppl still play because of final fantasy and junk but when u said something is missing i think it was the feel of the controller/gameboy in ur hand :D

speak for yourself son. I have the nes console itself, and I still play it, recently more than ever =p
2 player nes games rock!

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
I still play old games on nes emulators! (Most because games are hard to get for it :p)
So yeah...uh, speak for yourself! :D
Retro will never die!

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Offtopic too:
I like tales of phantasia, waiting so paitently for star ocean, been waiting for about 2-3 years now :D

Engeljaeger

professional pessimist
Yeah...me too...Dejap had a bad crash and lost almost everything...that's why they haven't finished the translation yet...:doh:

scotty

The Great One
I guess Im going off topic too, but Star Ocean is something I have been waiting for with DeJap, got a partial translation, just waiting for the menus

For NES emulation, it has gotten better, now that mapper 5 is not a real problem like it was earlier in its stages, I still play the Megaman series, man like there are 6 Megamans for NES, The CastleVaina series is now perfect as I said now that mapper 5 is up, I dont get who designed the mapper system, but I never did understand why Castlevania 3 is on mapper 5.

Last edited:
OP
AzNStYleZ

AzNStYleZ

RPG Crack Addict
Off topic: Isnt star ocean already translated? and u dont really need the menus, u can figure it out in time :D

On topic: perfection on n64 emulation will probably never happen < ive come to that conclusion because itd either be too fast or too slow

karth95

Lord of the Cats
I disagree. With rice's new plugin in directx mode, using pj64, I've come to religion. It's so close to perfect that it's hard to catch what's wrong.

Clements

You could say Mickey's Speedway USA is perfect with Jabo's plugin, if you enable self rendered textures. The rippling is perfectly emulated at the cost of the frame rate dropping to 3fps at those ripply bits. Perfection can be hardware limited therefore. The same goes for that video screen in Mario Kart 64.

Anyhoo, Star Ocean's script has been completely translated but without localisation and the menus/item names. The final translation will be released sometime this year.

karth95

Lord of the Cats
Sayargh, it may not be perfect, but it has a LOT of the elements that will make it VERY close. I'm not sure what emulator you are playing with, but I can tell you that between PJ64, and 1964, with Rice's, TR64 opengl, and Jabo's, almost every game has everything working right, in at least one combination. This is good enough for me. In the future, when 1964 gets it's next update, and rice and icepir8 keep developing their plugins, I'm sure the features will keep showing up.

Engeljaeger

professional pessimist
Hm...by the way...has there been any note or clue when the new 1964 is going to be released...?
This is no release request :p ...I only want to know if something has been said before ;)

karth95

Lord of the Cats
In all honesty, I've never seen a release date, ever. Release dates are a tool of the marketing people (which in this case is the public) to get people to devote lots of time and energy getting hyped for the new product, and sadly, some people in the world believe that the release, not the product, is what is important. In this case, I'd much rather have an excellent product instead of a .83, and not have a release date. That being said....

Last thing I remember anyone saying: When it's ready.