What's new

Perfect Dark slowdowns

Triz

hmm

only 'slow down' i experience is when pressing start/ a button after the intro where it says 'perfect dark' it takes a while to get to the computer screen where joanna can select her game etc other than that its fine, have you tried turning off that linking option in the rom settings?

sk8bloke22

roll for life
u same here. title screen is like a loading screen. other than that, the fps go up and down a bit. my system is probably just not good enuff. if u use Azimar's 0.30 Old Driver, u get quite a speed increase, but the audio is awful.

OP
Eliminator

Eliminator

The Eliminator
I get various slowdowns during the game using PJ64 with jabo's direct sound. Like sometimes the game even slows down to half speed. This happens quite often in single player but not so often in multiplayer.

Triz

fixed it kinda

i just created a save state when she's logged on cause i couldn't take that anymore! lol

hmmm

I get severe slowdowns to about 30fps in MULTIPLAYER mode when both characters are about, especially when they are close (so really there's four on the screen!)

I have an ATHLON thunderbird 1200hz, 266fsb!!

The sky bug is pretty annoying 2.

OP
Eliminator

Eliminator

The Eliminator
The sky bug is not too annoying but if we could just fix the major slowdowns somehow...or we'll just have to wait for Nemu 0.8 to come out.

Triz

turn off 'advanced block linking' and make sure that 'large compile buffer' option is on that should remedy them trust me ;)

sk8bloke22

roll for life
seriously try 1964, i find it much better on my system, and use Azimar's REV2.2 for reasonable quality. but if u r that desparate for speed use Azimar;s 0.30 (old driver).

terkan13

me too

Mine cuts down to 30fps. Particularly when I am on the roof or in an area with glass (havent played past the first stage yet) Anyone found a work around? I'm using Jabo's new plugin and my specs are
athlon xp 1800+
768 megs ram
geforce 3 ti 200

latest nvidia drivers and direct x.

thanks for the help

Jabo, zilmar and PJ64 kick ass! :pj64:

Triz

thats very unusual

because with a system like yours, you should be getting 'perfect' performance, with my setup i get full frames and the only 'slowdown' i get is when its coming from the intro to the type naming screen but after i took block linking off it seems to have shortened. what are your rom settings and your Graphic plugin settings?

terkan13

graphics plugin: Jabos direct 3d7 1.4

display tab:
direct 3d hal
640x480
640x480x16
transfer memory
nothing checked

emulation tab:
rsp sw pd (greyed out)
automatic
16 bpp only
checked are:
enable fog
enable display list culling
change blending mode if invalid

advanced tab:
none
force depth enable is checked (need it for fzero, tried on and off in PD and made no change)

rom settings:
recompiler
protect memory
using
on (have tried all options (advanced linking) makes no change)
16kbit eeprom
all items checked

jabos directsound 1.4audio
nrage direct input 8 1.61input

thanks for looking at em!

Dark Anomaly

I had major slowdown on the roof , but as i went downstairs after a bit , its fine and has been playing sweet :)
With your system Terkan , you should at least have 32Bit colour , Anistropic Filtering , and maybe FSSA 2x or 4x using your graphic settings in windows nand itll blaze by still :)

lol i have only GF2MX400 32MB and i play 32BPP FSAA2x or 4X anistropic filtering etc,,, like most people I'm sure with a decent CPU FPS is full always except the roof part at start where its like 20fps. LOL???

jc34

I had slows downs also I am on my dads system at the moment
as I am visiting for xmas

slow downs are
on the roof
or it just jerks and pauses
I had thought it may be his Win Me until I tried what I posted below.I think it is the sound plugin dcausing most of the slows down as I tried the 1964 sound plugin 2.2 version and it helped alot it stopped pausing but still had some slow downs.

my fix was
I use 1964 EMU with jado 1.4 video plugin and the 2.2 version of sound plugin that came with 1964 EMU and Nrage's input plugin.
it works fast now with out slows downs so far.

my dads system is only a PIII 1000 O/C to 1333mhz with 512MB ram and a Geforce3 Ti 500 with core@265 mem@590, SB live Plat 5.1 sound.

I have no idea why it had slow downs in PJ64 but since I started using 1964(latest version) EMU with the setup I listed I played for 2 hours with no crashes.

So anyone having slow down try what I said it seems to work good just do not use jado sound plugin in 1964 as it does not seem to work in 1964.

I hope this helps those that are having slow downs with PD it worked good on my dads system.

Later's

Last edited:
bleh slowdown happens in emulation :) if you play goldeneye you'll notice loading the leve slows things down a bit but once you get into the game its fine... granted PD is a lil more advanced

OP
Eliminator

Eliminator

The Eliminator
No....there must be something in here that is causing us to slow down to 30fps. Whether it's a 1000MHZ CPU or a 1.5GHZ CPU still same slowdowns. My settings are: fullscreen 1024X768, 32 bit color, anisotropic filerting, triple buffer vsync, Direct 3D HAL, fog, texture filtering. For me I get tonz of slowdowns. I would say mission 4 carrington villa (the one with the snipers) stays at a constant 30fps for most of the level.

as good as jabo and zilmar are, what they cant do is magically make something that 'does' what the n64 does... so they make something that copies it and converts it, pulls it twists it... and as such won't be one hundred percent 'as the n64' with all roms... PD could well be an example of this:blush: