What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Perfect Dark pack

Jabba

I've started a Perfect Dark retexture pack, but before I get too far into it I want to know what the best settings are and if I should use Glide or Rice and what settings are best in which emulator. I've already dumped the first four levels but want to make sure I'm going about things the right way.

Also, can someone test this for me, its the floor for outside the Carrington Villa but I can't seem to get it to work, I'm assuming it has something to do with the alpha channels. Usually when I edit textures I use the files from png_all but when I dumped from perfect dark I only get artefacts so I used the files in ci_by_png. I'm sure you guys can help me with my problem.

8ceab920bc751bb60fd14601465669ba4g.jpg

http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.php?quickkey=mmzzju3iumy&thumb=4

mots

dumbass
Datadyne was also working on a quite promising pack, it would be a good idea to join forces...

I'll test it out in a little bit for you. :)

I recomend using Rice plugin, that's what I use and am most familiar with.

I have the link to a "Newb" Pack that "Zeth" provided if you would like me to email it too you? Hit me up with an email at "kaizokuroofATgmailDOTcom" without quotes and replace words with symbols. ;) Don't bother PMing me I never check them.

Thanks, Kaizoku roof

Totoro77

Hi !
I think I can help, given I am also into dumping PD textures at the moment.

AFAIK, Rice is good for dumping textures, even though you will notice you will get 2 times the same textures, one of them being half the size of the other (there is also the 4x size limitation when you upgrade the textures, but that's another story).
To test your hi-res textures I would recommend using Glide Napalm, though. The on-screen results are much more accurate, at least on PD, than what Rice does on my computer.

As for your questions between choosing the ci_by_png or png_all textures, I can tell that you have to check case by case, or almost. Most textures you will look for will be the ci_by_png ones (again, for PD) but a good portion of them (ie. the ones where you have transparency) will be the png_all...

You just need to get the trick and then stick to it!
Hope it helps.

OP
J

Jabba

@ kaizokuroof Done and done.

I still cant seem to get that texture to load >_<

The doubles in rice are really annoying. I also cant seem to get Glide running properly.

Last edited: