What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

OoT Texture Dumps

OP
D

DarkShadowFlare

he is helping, read posts B4 you repost

I am aware that he has offered to help. I am also aware that is he is currently working on a Perfect Dark retexuring project, thus probably won't be available for a while. Knowing that, I needed to let everyone know I still didn't have said textures while simultaneously bumping my topic....which I did again just now.

mudlord

Banned
Which textures do you need? Do you need specific textures? And for what purpose? I'm sure Rice's plugin can suffice if all you need is textures.

Datadayne

DarkShadowFlare I'll do it right when you tell me what textures you want. Dumping the whole game woul take a pretty long time uploading. And its going to be a pain in the ass dumping them.

But you better start learning how to do it yourself. I wont be around to help the next time.

I'd suggest mudlords rice plugin. Works great for me (Great Job mudlord!)

OP
D

DarkShadowFlare

It's not just the textures that I need, but also the names that Jabo's plugin gives them as well.

If you could start with Kokiri Forest or lost woods that would be great. :)

Mollymutt

You are too kind datadyne. You are rewarding laziness by doing that for him. If he can't do something as simple as dumping his own textures, how can you expect him to be able to retexture?

mudlord

Banned
but also the names that Jabo's plugin gives them as well.

If he can't do something as simple as dumping his own textures, how can you expect him to be able to retexture?

Well, he must be after something else if he is interested in MD5 checksums that don't match to the checksums on the files.....:saddam:

Mollymutt

It makes me think that he doesn't have pj64 1.7, and if this is the case, what is he going to do with the textures anyway?

mudlord

Banned
It makes me think that he doesn't have pj64 1.7, and if this is the case, what is he going to do with the textures anyway?

Very true, besides if all he wants to do is retexture, my plugin builds or Rice's official plugin would be perfectly fine. However, its a bit strange having a interest in the filenames, when only Jabo's plugin can handle PNG textures with MD5 hash tags, and as such the filenames are only meaningful for the plugin.

I'd suggest mudlords rice plugin. Works great for me (Great Job mudlord!)

Thanks for the support Datadyne. I always appreciate any form of feedback. :)

OP
D

DarkShadowFlare

Right. :) I want to rename all the textures to work for Project 64 v.1.7 so they will be available when it is publicly released and there isn't some mad dash to do so when it does come out. Can you guys also help me getting textures? I'm almost done with the ones Datadayne gave me.

mudlord

Banned
I just feel that this effort is kinda pointless....

Because:

a) there are already 2 major Zelda packs complete for the plugin.
b) the plugin is beta for a reason, and things can change in the texture pack format. And most definately in the plugin.
c) manually renaming will take forever
d) there is another very accurate plugin that WILL support Rice's texture packs, so porting all the packs is not needed.

Last edited:
OP
D

DarkShadowFlare

I just feel that this effort is kinda pointless....

Because:

a) there are already 2 major Zelda packs complete for the plugin.
b) the plugin is beta for a reason, and things can change in the texture pack format. And most definately in the plugin.
c) manually renaming will take forever
d) there is another very accurate plugin that WILL support Rice's texture packs, so porting all the packs is not needed.

I'm not so sure about that.

a) Is there? The only one that I know of that is complete is the cell shaded one, while Kman's and the Twilight Princess style are still WIP.
b) Rice's plugin is also a beta version yet a lot of textures have been made for it anyway. But unlike the Rice plugin, Jabo's plugin is still being updated and improved upon. Furthermore, with the emulator code being written with Vista compatibility in mind, there is no guarantee that an older beta plugin will work just as well.
c) Not really, around 40 textures can be renamed per hour.
d) That's true, but considering point b, it would still be a good idea.

mudlord

Banned
Is there? The only one that I know of that is complete is the cell shaded one, while Kman's and the Twilight Princess style are still WIP.

a) If you where a beta member (like myself), you'll see that there is indeed 2 packs complete.
b)
But unlike the Rice plugin, Jabo's plugin is still being updated and improved upon. Furthermore, with the emulator code being written with Vista compatibility in mind, there is no guarantee that an older beta plugin will work just as well.

I honestly wouldnt be so sure, but then again, I am biased....But also, like I explained, its counterintuitive doing it when things can change in Jabo's plugin....

c) I see.....
d) Hmmm, well the way I see it, there will be two texture formats. One for Rice's/Glide64, the other being only Jabo's. I don't see how just magically porting things other and expecting them to work will solve the texture pack problem, when odds be, people will retexture with the plugin right now, like some people are doing over in the beta forums. And the Rice texture format isnt dead at all, I honestly beleive that, since now Glide64 will support hi-res textures in that method. And contrary to what you say, Rice's plugin is far from dead too.....

BCage

a) If you where a beta member (like myself), you'll see that there is indeed 2 packs complete.

Are you saying there is a texture pack for OOT that is only available for beta members, that has not been posted about on this forum? If so, that would be a huge motivation to sign up for the beta program.

mudlord

Banned
Basically, yes. There has been some texture packs done for Jabo's plugin, of course, due to its texturing abilities. I cannot give any other information then that on the specifics. Sorry.

And it seems now Jabo is interested in adding Rice-format texture support....