What's new

odd shapes around objects

kikwearsk8er

i have tried pj64 and 1964 emulators to play games but they have od shapes around objects. In mario 64 trees have green triangles around them, the bubbles from when mario swims have black boxes around them and ba-bombs have boxes around them. if someone can help me out with this please let me know. i am using the default plug-ins with no sound.

nemulate

All round nice guy.
Hmm bet it's a 810 or 815 chipset which is not the best vid. card in the world. You might wanna try using the daedalus plugin or any others you find. I'm sure someone with the same card as you will tell you what to use!

OP
K

kikwearsk8er

i am using a p1 600, intel graphics controller and philips rythmic edge audio. is there an emulator that i can be used on my system if u need more info on what i am using please let me know. if there is an emulator what is it. would i need to update any of my drivers to use the current emulators i have.

Lillymon

Ninja Princess
Intel graphics controllers suck. I refuse to help anyone with those thing. You should get a better video card and play with 2D emulators in the meantime.

OP
K

kikwearsk8er

i didn't pic the card it was put in this machine when we got it built. what cards are good but inexpensive. why do people gotta be fags like that and not try and look out for someone

Allnatural

The point is we need to except our limitations, and a 600 MHz Pentium with integrated graphics simply isn't suited for N64 emulation. I suppose you could play with older emulators like UltraHLE and Corn. You'll get better speed but at the expense of accuracy and compatibility. If it were me, I would wait until I could get an entirely new system, and enjoy some 8 and 16 bit emulation in the meantime.

Last edited:

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
Allnatural said:
The point is we need to except our limitations, and a 600 MHz Pentium with integrated graphics simply isn't suited for N64 emulation. I suppose you could play with older emulators like UltraHLE and Corn. You'll get better speed but at the expense of accuracy and compatibility. If it were me, I would wait until I could get an entirely new system, and enjoy some 8 and 16 bit emulation in the meantime.

Maybe not for pj64, but 1964, yes. I can run all of my 11 or so roms full speed with sound in 1964 while pj runs em 50% slower.

Allnatural

cooliscool said:
Maybe not for pj64, but 1964, yes. I can run all of my 11 or so roms full speed with sound in 1964 while pj runs em 50% slower.
Ok, so maybe there's some hope for you late bloomers. :p

And what's up with your sig cooliscool? White text? :sly:

Last edited:

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
I'm not a late bloomer :p I have two P3's in this house, 1133mhz and 733mhz ;) White text? you don't see it glowing? Hmm... using Mozilla?

Lillymon

Ninja Princess
kikwearsk8er said:
i didn't pic the card it was put in this machine when we got it built.
Wait wait wait. You got it built but for some bizarre reason didn't get to pick the video card? Or did you just take the baby's route and get a pre-built PC instead?
kikwearsk8er said:
what cards are good but inexpensive.
Try a GeForce3 Titanium 200, I hear those are at rock bottom prices with the GeForce4s out.
kikwearsk8er said:
why do people gotta be fags like that and not try and look out for someone
It makes sense in the long run. Newbies that get treated nicely and get what they want all the time become spoiled lamers who start sending out virii to people when they don't get what they want. Better that you realise that the world is mean and corrupt now than to live in ignorance.

Lillymon

Ninja Princess
Same video card should be fine for PSX, a top-of-the-range card from 2004/5 should be good for PS2 emulation.

R

rico001

I have this problem but I fixed it. You have an eJunk machine:-?
Intel whatever 633 Mhz

Get Jabos D3D7 1.3
check all boxes under emulation and advanced except --always use texture filtering for rendering,
go into the direct X control panel and disable agp support under direct draw advanced.