What's new

Ocarina of Time, subscreen delay fix, codes for all ROMs

Status
Not open for further replies.

AzNStYleZ

RPG Crack Addict
Hey guys thanks alot for this fix i was getting kinda pissed off at the start menu.... i never wanted to select another item LoL.. once again thx alot

Snake_259

hey im kind of a noob.... where do u put new cheats?? i kno how to access the cheats, but not how to create new 1s.... tnx for ur time:)

alexa999

Banned
Re: ....

Snake_259 said:
hey im kind of a noob.... where do u put new cheats?? i kno how to access the cheats, but not how to create new 1s.... tnx for ur time:)

Smiff said:
I think this is so good it's worth making its own thread.

Below are cheat codes that you can enter and enable to fix a known issue in Project64 that has been with us since v1.0 - that the subscreen in Zelda OoT takes longer to appear than it should, this being annoying while playing. Previously our best recommendation was that you disable the speed limiter.. some people also reported reducing the CF1 to 1 helped, however both these methods have drawbacks. Now you can use codes to aparently (not well tested yet) solve the problem without drawbacks.

All credit for this goes to Tooie for finding the first code (for Zelda U 1.0) yesterday and Gent for staying up until 7AM this morning working out the rest from it. If you appreciate their work say thanks to Tooie and Gent! :)

Legend of Zelda, The - Ocarina of Time (U) (V1.0)
Subscreen delay fix
801DA5CB 0002

Legend of Zelda, The - Ocarina of Time (U) (V1.1)
Subscreen delay fix
801DA78B 0002

Legend of Zelda, The - Ocarina of Time (U) (V1.2)
Subscreen delay fix
801DAE8B 0002

Legend of Zelda, The - Ocarina of Time (E) (V1.0)
Subscreen delay fix
801D860B 0002

Legend of Zelda, The - Ocarina of Time (E) (V1.1)
Subscreen delay fix
801D864B 0002

Zelda no Densetsu - Toki no Ocarina (J)
Subscreen delay fix
801DA5CB 0002

Legend of Zelda, The - Ocarina of Time Master Quest
Subscreen delay fix
801D8F4B 0002

Gent will probably release a cheat file with these in, but until then you can enter these codes via the cheat window (turn off Hide Advanced Settings to allow new codes to be added). If you need help entering codes try visiting the PJ64 Cheats Site.

If people could try these codes and report back how well they do or don't work before i add this to the FAQ that would appreciated.

Lastly, i know this isn't a proper fix (there's still something funny going on in the emulator there) but it seems to do the job. Nice work Gent and Tooie!

Go were the second quote said. It will tell you everything there.:) Here is the link: http://www.pj64cheats.net .

BountyJedi

link64knows said:
How do you find these nice cheats???
hmm revival hehe =p its old it was stataed earlier in thread (i read thru for sum reason)
that they looked for a value when it was doing that thing starting subscreen and reduced the amount of cf's needed afaik these also works on 1964 (atlest thers one similar code included with 0,99 though only for master quest)

mini_mike86

am i the only person that doesnt actually notice the difference.

with or without the cheat selected it still takes about 2-3 secs to open the menu

beelzr

works for me

but i had to set it up a different way

i went it to Project64.cht by dragging it to a notepad

and then pasted (Cheat64="fix it",801DAE8B 0002) with out the () into Legend of Zelda, The - Ocarina of Time (U) (V1.2) CTL+F and just search for Ocarina of Time and the put it right below Cheat63=

then just go to cheats and check fix it that worked for me because i couldn’t figure out how to add it by right clicking just wanted to post this if anyone had the same problem as me

Googol

Give me back my floppy face!
Holy shit, you guys just revived a year old thread!
Also, you won't notice much of a difference in PJ64 1.6 because it's incorporated into the RDB anyway. Perhaps that's your problem?

scr00ge

mini_mike86 said:
am i the only person that doesnt actually notice the difference.

with or without the cheat selected it still takes about 2-3 secs to open the menu
nope your not the only one. i added the cheat and enabled it and it did nothing. and YES, i am sure i used the right one. i have no idea whats going on.

snesmaster40

Googol said:
Holy shit, you guys just revived a year old thread!
Also, you won't notice much of a difference in PJ64 1.6 because it's incorporated into the RDB anyway. Perhaps that's your problem?

What he said

Status
Not open for further replies.