What's new

Ocarina of Time, subscreen delay fix, codes for all ROMs

Status
Not open for further replies.

ceedj

Pencil Neck Geek
mozzer999 said:
AFAIK its as far as i know?

Oh well wishful thinking, mario golf is great, but i would prefer to play it on pj64 than nemu (which incidently plays it quite well).

Using Jabo's 1.5 plugin, check the Emulate Primary, Low Resolution updates, and Update less frequently boxes under the advanced tab. Worked pretty well for my GF2 card.

OP
Smiff

Smiff

Emutalk Member
vyder said:
how do i add/use these cheats? do i have to add them to some ini file?

Start whichever ROM you have, open the cheat window, right click, add new cheat, copy the correct code into the window, press the button and tick the box.

mozzer999

Spunky Monkey
ceedj said:
Using Jabo's 1.5 plugin, check the Emulate Primary, Low Resolution updates, and Update less frequently boxes under the advanced tab. Worked pretty well for my GF2 card.

thanks for the tip. it is slightly better, however the judderiness (stop me if i am getting to technical) is still there, and the rain looks crap, and the stick moves funny when i changed the settings, and and and.

I'll shut up.

:saint:

jjarmis

Smiff said:
jjarmis: I made that into a link.

ra5555: it's an option on the options tab in settings.

Thnx!! ^_^ I had it all setup right... I was just trying to add the cheats the wrong way lol. :) :emutalk:

I know this is the PJ64 forum, but now I'm playing URA Zelda under 1964 cause my system specs, that are not enough for PJ64 and 1964 runs faster (however, other games run at same fps or above).

Wel... my question...

Why these codes doesn't run for my 1964?

Plase help me!!

PD: I'm not English-speaker... sorry by my.... creepy English.

OP
Smiff

Smiff

Emutalk Member
these codes are hacks for project64. they are not likely to help with other emus, because other emulators do not have this problem.

Tora

3V1L N3K0 D00D <|>_<|>
so badass~! i been waitin on someone to fix it and finally ^_^ yay. =] you guyz own :homestar: :D :n64: :geek: :emutalk: :satisfied

Nemo

Master Sporksman
Hrm, I'm curious as to how you found this cheat...

Software/Hardware/Method

I know how to find cheats on an N64 (With or without a computer attached), and how to find them on the computer for an emulator, but not how to convert those to Gameshark codes. And I don't see how you could pinpoint this value, since I would assume it is static. There aren't any disassemblers for N64 roms are there? Or a cheat program that can set breakpoints? [too curious/nosy for my own good]

tooie

basicly look to find a location it was in during waiting for the screen to appear, then do analysis on the mips code around it to see what it was doing .. it appeared to be part of a function .. (hack the source) to set a break point at the calling of the function .. found the function was kept being called .. so it was not stalling in the function .. found then when looked at the calling location it was in a loop, calling this function and that it called it 0xf0 times .. this value was not hardcode .. but located in memory .. I tried modifieing the value in memory and found that it did impove things .. so I wrote a gameshark code to do that modification of memory.

Nemo

Master Sporksman
Ok, heh, still did not state hardware/software (Though I can assume from this that it was done on a computer in the emulator.) Nice work though.

nephalim

Psychic Vampire
Master Quest Cheats, in case anyone wants them (I did not make these nor can vouch for their validity.)

How come file attach doesn't work for me? It says txt files are valid, and that's what it is...i'll copy and paste it (again.)

Edit By Gent.

This is not the place for this thanks, Plus anyone who wants these already have access to them in the right place On EmuTalk

hey560

hey560,randomly generated nick
wow nice work :) !!!! Who would have thought a cheat code would fix this problem!!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.