What's new

Normmatt's DeSmuME v0.3.5 WIP 1

Low Lines

synch said:
The main problem you'll probably encounter with comercial roms, is that I just haven't tested any, that'll come in the future. Right now the "improved" 3D core only applies to the little demos that come with the open source sdk (devkitpro). The main reason of just testing them, is that they've source availabe, and are usually just one effect (one 3D cube, one teapot, etc). They're easier to debug and find the problems.

About the wireframe, I don't think it'll fix anything, disabling lights AND lighting properties (materials) would probably do, but right now is not a priority on my list (fixing is better than hacking a solution, imho). And probably disabling transparencies would give better graphical output right now.

Oh, and consider the 3D core, extreme alpha, original yopyop core was rather crippled.

EDIT: I'll eat my words, just added a menu option for wireframe (and disables lighting and blending)
Yeah Normmatt has the same motto with liking to see the source of things, and it makes sense to work on fixing things using the simplest example possible. But the programmers are the boss, I'm just a silly person that tries to help too much (ie A Flash/XML Compat List, what an idea that was....LOL)
I only suggested wireframe because I understood that it was used as a debugging tool or something, and that it because it doesn't render all those effects and that, it would be more stable and faster (thinking back to Dolphin), but I don't know if that would be useful or not. =]

synch

Actually, I just "fixed" some bugs related to Urban Asphalt (argh, I hate to test roms that take a lot to the "actual" bugs) thanks to the wireframe/blend/light switches, so te suggestion was actually quite good.

synch

Just for the record, Madden'05 now doesn't have the brightness (additive transparencies :p) problem. And Asphalt Urban & Fifa'06 work a bit better than with the older core (better texturing). I don't know about the rest.

spotanjo3

synch,

Do you think it is better not to tell ? It should be surprise, heh. ;)

Maybe you want to tell it to the world~! :p

synch

Yep, that's the reason why there're no screenshots attached. Anyway, these are "minor fixes", so no big secret revealed. Oh, and anyway, I think I can talk about my work as much as I want, no ?

Last edited:

spotanjo3

Sure!

Just wonder, that's all.

Better there are no screenshots attched but you can talk about your work as much as you can! Keep up the good work. ^_^

Normmatt

JKKDARK said:
normmatt rocks
why thanks :king:

but really the credit for the 3d should go to synth as he has been the one working on it and has fixed quite alot of the bugs in yopyop's original code

Evrain

The Forbidden One
Excellent work, synch! Okay, maybe I'm busier than ever, even to check this board out, but it's always sweet to watch the progresses of a new emulator.
Keep it up!
Evrain

marione

Banned
@synch

I don't know demo, but Bubble Bobble have flipped sprite...

(i think it's a simple game to test)

synch

Federelli: I know Dualis and that it has got some sources on it's web. But they're from old versions, and are quite useless for me, as I need some nds roms (better if they're simple demos) that use flipping (both vertical and horizontal) plus rotation, to be sure my implementation is bug free. Looking at others people sources won't help.

Low Lines

Hmmm....I'm sure Rockmangames could find a game like that...Also would what you are doing fix these positioning errors? (The menu seems to be about -20px for both it's X & Y positions, see if I can find a simpler game that has this problem)
View attachment 33870
[EDIT]
I think it has something to do with scrolling stuff on and off screen as these menus come in from the left hand side.

Last edited:

Low Lines

Rockmangames said:
Huh ? What are you talk about ? I am in shock!;)

How can I help you?
Well you have tested all games haven't you? Surely you would have come across one that uses flipping and rotation ;)

oh and Synch, you probably already know about this, but
http://nintendo-ds.dcemu.co.uk/
just scroll down the left hand column, there's like tonnes of game demos there...but that's about all I can say to help
:unsure:

synch

Low Lines: I knew quite a lot of other homebrew resources, I didn't knew that one, thanks. I'll do some testing when I'm home.

marione

Banned
wave WARP... :blush:

EDIT
I post here a request for screenshots, after I read an exist thread and i shift it there.

I do write this because Rock-mastiff-games don't understood :)

Last edited: