What's new

no$gba

ninja1

so this is just a presumption but maybe both encript tools give different results? i used ****** btw, might be worth testing out cause would require 2 different lists than

Last edited:

Low Lines

ninja1 said:
so this is just a presumption but maybe both encript tools give different results? i used endrypt btw, might be worth testing out cause would require 2 different lists than
Bugger that, there are like 550 games after all ;)
Rockmangames, when you checked the CRC32 code for your Encrypted Harvest Moon (J) rom.....Was the Secure Area identified as "OK" or "BAD".....because in all public roms, (generally) it is bad, because that 2K has been removed for Flashcart purposes, but when you encrypt it, it obviously fixes.
Also I generally would recommend just using DarkFader's tool, mainly because he has a lot more experience and knowledge on the Nintendo DS, especially since he was the first to produce a proper NDS rom.

RENI

OK.The reason why you got different CRCs when using eNDryptS and ndstool is very simple.
SolidSnake and Drakfader use same method to encrypt the secure area.The reason why they got different CRCs is because the ways they deal with the area 1000h-4000h are different.Currently this area is normally not readable by any kind of method.So SolidSnake 's eNDryptS doesn't modify this area.But Drakfader's NDSTool generates some random datas here.So you get two CRCs.

Low Lines

RENI said:
OK.The reason why you got different CRCs when using ******* and ******* is very simple.
SolidSnake and Drakfader use same method to encrypt the secure area.The reason why they got different CRCs is because the ways they deal with the area 1000h-4000h are different.Currently this area is normally not readable by any kind of method.So SolidSnake 's ******* doesn't modify this area.But Drakfader's ******* generates some random datas here.So you get two CRCs.
I thought things such as time of encryption and that would affect the CRC32, because I don't think the same rom encrypted twice at different intervals would be the same. :unsure:

Last edited:

ninja1

which is exactly my point, but if they aint the same, one gotta be better, but which one?

i know ***** is easier, simply because ya can change an entire directory in a single shot but if the other one is better we should use that one for testing and not *****

Last edited:

RENI

ninja1 said:
which is exactly my point, but if they aint the same, one gotta be better, but which one?

i know endrypts is easier, simply because ya can change an entire directory in a single shot but if the other one is better we should use that one for testing and not endripts
They are the same.They get the same secure area and the area between 1000h-4000h is sensless and no longer required.This method is perfect and has been used for many months.That's all.

Last edited:
OP
spotanjo3

spotanjo3

huh ? Thanks but I prefer those goes with the pictures so that people can check the pages instead but thats alright. :)

ninja1

i still wonder cause i get other compatability results as the poster above rock... maybe it is in the settings?

OP
spotanjo3

spotanjo3

ninja1 said:
i still wonder cause i get other compatability results as the poster above rock... maybe it is in the settings?

Please explain ? What are you talking about, Ninja1 ?:borg:

Last edited:
OP
spotanjo3

spotanjo3

White X, check your pm.

Ahh, I see. Please correct me if I am wrong but it can't be something have to do with settings in no$gba, right ?

Last edited:

Hiei-YYH

ninja1 said:

i know endrypts is easier, simply because ya can change an entire directory in a single shot but if the other one is better we should use that one for testing and not endripts

******** is easy too, just make a ink and put -se in command (proprierties)

like this

"D:\*\********.exe" -se

then select a rom and move to this ink (you can only convert 1 rom per time)

Last edited:
OP
spotanjo3

spotanjo3

Yeah but other tool can convert more than 1 roms! :)

The other tool is better than this tool, however I used the both just in case! :)

Low Lines

Rockmangames said:

The other tool is better than this tool, however I used the both just in case! :)
Have you encrypted Harvest Moon (J) yet and seen if it runs on No$GBA?? (Since that was the whole cause of this slightly off topic convasation)

Hiei-YYH

Rockmangames said:

i don't think so, if the ******** is better than the ********, why havest moon doesn't even loaded? you're talking this only because you have only to press the exe and the program run it self? lol

lol, funny thing, i made some cheats and added as CODEBREAKER and worked for NDS (at least hackers like me will not have problems in making cheats and test them XD)

example, kirby canvas curse

Infinite Health
320DA2D8 0020
321121C8 0020

Infinite Lives
320DA41C 0009

Max Stars
320DA494 0063

Last edited:

WhiteX

OK, i edited that post and i am asking you guys to edit all posts that use the tools names until we find for sure the legality of such tools.

I understand that No$GBA uses encrypted roms because that is the way they present themselves when taken out of the carts, decrypted roms are roms hacked by Warez groups, therefore pirated roms.

No$GBA uses only "backup" copies, legal ones as we know now, i´ll look into the legality of these tools and post it later, up until then i´ll ask you fine lads to edit posts with such names and refrain from posting them.

OP
spotanjo3

spotanjo3

Hiei-YYH said:
you're talking this only because you have only to press the exe and the program run it self? lol

Yes, you can press the exe and the program run itself. I cannot tell you the name of the tool but it is able to and ndstoll wont do that expect you will have to go to DOS. :)