What's new

No$gba v2.3b

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
I hunted for Firmware.bin today...and my computer become infected badly
Why is it so hard to find T_T (I know it's illegal...but also rare? why)
Because the DS is a fairly new handheld and most rom sites, etc. try to stay away from offering such firmwares because they fear a serious backlash from Nintendo.

Ruri

Navigator
nds/help: new chapter on accessing gba-slot/gba-carts in ds-mode (clks/addr)

Does anyone know how this works? Is there a way to run NDS carts from the GBA slot now?

The only reason I'm asking is because some NDS carts do special things when run from the GBA slot... The Japanese NDS Phoenix Wright games, for instance, (which include an option for english) automatically start with all cases unlocked. Granted, that's not so necessary now that we can save, but I'm curious...

spotanjo3

Does rockman zx and Naruto rpg 3 work.

I am curious...why don't you test it too or you do not know how to use it ? :)

Megaman ZX (USA) - Work, but crash after
the video codec logo. Set it to EEPROM (64Kbit)

Naruto RPG 3: Reijuu vs Kinoha Shoutai (Japan) -
Title screen, slow and before goes into ingame but it turns to white screens. Set it to EEPROM (64kbit)

TheMax1087

Not to me. I have 2.3b and the touch screen worked perfectly just fine to me. You have to know what you are doing. :)

Touch screen will be effect by firmware.bin, yes. Without it then it is not doing you any good. You must have firmware.bin as well. Also, there is one more thing...

You will need firmware.bin --- not just nds bios, why ?

Q: My game, above ROM 500, gives me a black screen and stucks the emulator, how to proceed?

A: By our very own diablow...

Odd, i havent been able to get any rom to work with the firmware, only when i remove the firmware has games worked for me.

spotanjo3

You need to read the no$gba faqs to make sure you understand how because mine does work fine. Be warn that above 500 wont worked because of firmware is needing.

spotanjo3

How do you know the nds games's card size ? Well, all you can do is multiply by 8. Look:

4kb EEPROM ==> Set it to EEPROM 0.5kbytes
64mbits EEPROM ==> Set it to EEPROM 8kbytes
512mbits EEPROM ==> Set it to EEPROM 64kbytes
2Mbit FLASH ==> Set it to FLASH 256kbytes
4mbits FLASH ==> Set it to FLASH 512kbytes
256mbits FRAM ==> Set it to FRAM 32kbytes

ENJOY! :D

Last edited:

darth4292

Pokemon ranger works great. Full speed... i've played like 40 mins now [second city xD. Not a single crash and i can save with the 512 flash support,minimal gfx issues... you can see your char but the sprite looks semi-transparent and i almost forget the screen is not upsidedown anymore
:)
i'll post screens later
Btw... i've got addicted to this game ajjaj, unique gameplay.

*Edit

Pokemon D/P Boots! now reaches the tittle screen [emu don't crash just keeps looping]

Could u tell me how to make it work?The game's still slow,not saving as it was in v2.3a!!Even tried the 512 support but still not saving.

spotanjo3

Could u tell me how to make it work?The game's still slow,not saving as it was in v2.3a!!Even tried the 512 support but still not saving.

Maybe you should check this game's size first and 512 is the wrong size for it. It is 256megabits which is 2mbits flash so that mean you need to set it to FLASH 256kbytes. It's easy. :matrix:

Kronox!

I use 512 flash save type and it works. If you want i can post my save file
and about speed change the emulation speed option to unlimited mhz disaster 100% ^^ really smooth and fast

good luck [and sorry for not answering before]

Last edited:

spotanjo3

I use 512 flash save type and it works. If you want i can post my save file
and about speed change the emulation speed option to unlimited mhz disaster 100% ^^ really smooth and fast

good luck [and sorry for not answering before]

Yeah, that's true but I like to follow cart's size. :) Really smooth and fast, huh ? COOL! :D

ag1

I am thinking about starting a topic on games about games that actually crashes the emulator. this might help narrow in on the problem causing components. what you guys think?

spotanjo3

ag1,

Good idea because in the next version we can test the crashes to see if there is no crashes at all then we will know it is improvement or something like that. Go for it! :D

rockface1987

i'm a noob and i got the bios and firmware for no$gba and i tried 0756_Naruto_Shinobi_Retsuden_JAP and it didn't have full 3d emulation but i could fight.

j3bus

jebus
hello to everyone!!!

hey i have a question, i dont know... something is wrong with the current version of no$gba... i was trying a few games with the emu some worked and others no... then i close the emu and when i try to open it again there is an error that says "No$GBA - Fatal" "Unexpected Error" and the emu doesnt open, what its wrong??? can someone help me???

spotanjo3

hello to everyone!!!

hey i have a question, i dont know... something is wrong with the current version of no$gba... i was trying a few games with the emu some worked and others no... then i close the emu and when i try to open it again there is an error that says "No$GBA - Fatal" "Unexpected Error" and the emu doesnt open, what its wrong??? can someone help me???

Do not save set up. It have a problem so do not save set up. Here is what I did:

It is an example for Pokemon Ranger. This card is 256 megabits which it is 2Mbit FLASH. So you need to set it to FLASH 256kbytes.

Open no$gba and click Pokemon Ranger. Then Click Options>Emulation Setup>click NDS Cartridge Backup Media and click FLASH 256kbytes and click OK.

Now, click File and click Reset Cartridge and it will start to read the Flash 256kybtes and let you to play Pokemon Ranger. Do it every time you want different nds roms. Just do not save set up. It will in the near future but not of right now.

suronosuke

Do not save set up. It have a problem so do not save set up. Here is what I did:

It is an example for Pokemon Ranger. This card is 256 megabits which it is 2Mbit FLASH. So you need to set it to FLASH 256kbytes.

Open no$gba and click Pokemon Ranger. Then Click Options>Emulation Setup>click NDS Cartridge Backup Media and click FLASH 256kbytes and click OK.

Now, click File and click Reset Cartridge and it will start to read the Flash 256kybtes and let you to play Pokemon Ranger. Do it every time you want different nds roms. Just do not save set up. It will in the near future but not of right now.

An alternative option to rockmans answer is simply drag and drop the game onto the no$gba.

rockface1987

i just realized that my touch screen for this emulator doesn't work for any rom i load up. however the games are playable does anyone have any ideas for what is causing this problem and how i can fix it? thanks for your help in advance.