What's new

No$GBA Compatibility results.

Lazureus

Advance Wars DS works without firmware.bin. However, you cannot battery save. Also, you must wait at least 2 minutes with a black screen before the game actually starts

While you can see the ground/mountains/forests of the bottom, properties and cursor do not show up on the bottom screen at all, clouds and movement/firepower area tiles show up as solid blue opaque areas. During a battle where the 3D landscape is visible, the game slows down quite a bit.

Dialogue during the campaign randomly doesn't respond to the A button to speed up the text appearing.

Sound doesn't work, it just makes staticy sounding noise the whole time.

Other than this, though, the game is somewhat playable. Though hard to do since you can't see where the cities and bases and HQs are on the bottom screen map>.> You can, however, click around and look at the top screen intel to see what you have selected, though!

This is in NO$GBA 2.3a with BIOSNDS9 and 7, but NO firmware.bin.

spotanjo3

This thread need to be closed because there is a 2.23a thread available right now.

WhiteX, what do you think ? Thanks.

spotanjo3

Please do not put the same message in here and in other thread. That is not supposed to do that. Ok ? Please for the next time, don't. Thanks. :)

OP
WhiteX

WhiteX

This thread need to be closed because there is a 2.23a thread available right now.

WhiteX, what do you think ? Thanks.

As we had said before, the resulkts should go here, but the poster is to inform the version of the testing, if you guys want it different i can arrange that.
But i think that this thread is to serve No$GBA in all it´s incarnations.

vidigal

hi guys!!!
i tested th digimon game and it works perfectly:p but cannot save:'(
and tested tao's adventure too but crashes after you selct new game

enjoy:cheers:

OP
WhiteX

WhiteX

Post the emulator version and the settings you used to make it work otherwise it is useless information.

Dudette200

I use a compatibility database on IRC (they have up to date databases for both DeSmuME and No$GBA) for all the english games

Their No$GBA database uses version 2.3a and is promptly updated with each new game

I believe they'd be keen to have more help with game testing (testing some games more fully and retesting games as new versions of the emulators are released) - if anyone is interested you can leave me a pm

vidigal

i configure my emulator like it says in previous pages...
and when is gonna be a a new version of the emulator?

vidigal

thanks...:p but if it come one new let me know :p:p by the way children of mana plays almost perfect cause it's slow

spotanjo3

Hey, I am portuguese too! Again, nobody's perfect! :p

Next time, please edit and do not double posts, ok ? ;)