What's new

Nintendo Wii sells like zomg

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Generalplot, its simple, if you don't like something - don't buy it, end of story. Same goes for everyone; There is no need for this trolling and/or flaming thats going on here either. This thread is gonna get locked if this thread keeps going the way it is. Seriously.

General Plot

Britchie Crazy
Doomulation said:
Oh, and I guess you hate the whole motion sensitivity in the PS3 controller too?
If the game has an option to disable tilt control I will, just like I do with all games on PS2 that use vibration. I don't care for it, and I don't want to use it.;)

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Gotta love pointless brand wars that even the Users wage war with, Hell why does Sony even have to bother its fans will do it for them. Same goes with nintendo fans, No need for the actual companies to fight the users will do it for them.

Seriously this is getting old.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
So anyway, I'm getting tired of this...
Generalplot is a die-hard Sony fanboy who dislikes anything new beside the traditional more graphics, more complex controllers, etc, etc...
Yes, he is missing out a lot but there doesn't seem to be any way we can change his mind, so let him stick with his underpowered and flawed PS3.

General Plot

Britchie Crazy
Doomulation said:
So anyway, I'm getting tired of this...
Generalplot is a die-hard Sony fanboy who dislikes anything new beside the traditional more graphics, more complex controllers, etc, etc...
Yes, he is missing out a lot but there doesn't seem to be any way we can change his mind, so let him stick with his underpowered and flawed PS3.
Yeah, PS3 is underpowered, suuuure. Anyways, I'll be sure to gloat later down the road when the consoles have had time to get their established ranks in place. We'll talk then.;)

Doomulation

Typical sony fanboy. Expecting sony to win. Always. Always, always, always. Can't even keep an open mind about that some other console may win.
And yes, it's underpowered because sony crippled the system. Theoretically it's more powerful than the 360, but because of flawed architecture, it's on par with it in games. That's the truth. Blame sony for it.

rcgamer

the old guy
Nintendo have done with the home console what they've done with their DS, make something that is truely unique and innovative and at an affordable price, I don't see it flopping, however the PS3 has a huge chance of that. No enough units to supply demand, loads of bad press - high price - but at least it will become my eleventh dvd player which is after all, the only thing that matters... gotta have LOTS and LOTS of dvd players, theres no point having just 1... noooooo gotta catch em all.

Speculation is irrelevant, anyway. I know one thing for sure, I'm buying me one, dvd player or not :D

Exactly, I really don't think not having a dvd player will matter this go around. Last gen it was important because dvd players weren't as commonplace or cheap as they are now. They were still new technology. Now you can go to wal mart and buy one for 50 bucks. Hell, lots of people now have them in their cars now.

I do think Nintendo made a mistake by charging to much for the downloadable older games though. If they had made then free or 2-5 bucks apiece they could have had a major coup here. But still 5-10 isn't terrible I guess.

General Plot

Britchie Crazy
And now you have technical documentation to back that up as well, right? Please, state only facts, not your own personal hypotheses.;)

General Plot

Britchie Crazy
Doomulation said:
Why don't you read the thread before you reply? I posted a very good link to a technical comparison between the 360 and PS3. Go. Read it.
Let's see.... a link from a biased website that "compares the tech". I think I'll pass. You can find just as many websites that say the exact opposite as well. One thing they all have in common: speculation.;)

Doomulation

Oh, you're afraid that you'll see your precious little PS3 isn't as great as you think it was? Gobble down the facts. It's not biased. If it is, then you're not reading it right or you have too much love for sony to see the truth.

General Plot

Britchie Crazy
I'm sure you'd really like to believe that, but given the other industries that are taking the Cell on for various tasks that are highly demanding (even medical science is embracing it), I find it doubtful that it's "underpowered".;)

Doomulation

Open your eyes and read that article! I never did say the Cell was flawed; but let's face it - a general processor is BETTER for GAMING. Cell will probably find its uses elsewhere even though crippled as it is, but for the PS3 it was a bad choice. Read that article before you post untrue things and nonsense.

Doomulation

Are you going to state something true this time? I'd really like to see it. You are like a child who follows his parents blindly and believes whatever they say. Do some research. Find out about the PS3 and induldge me. And for goodness sake, don't dismiss a site as being biased when it is not.

Clements

The SPEs may be great for massively parallel operations like predicting Protein folding due to their high capacity for floating point ops compared to a traditional CPU design - but this doesn't translate to games all that well, which traditionally do not use much of the CPU for floating point ops. A more general purpose core or cores with branch prediction is actually better for the games of today and easier to develop for.

LazerTag

Leap of Faith
Doom a lot of sites tend to argue that GotFrag is quite often biased based on their current commercial relationships. Really that can be said of most sites. The article you posted however is one of the most "almost" unbiased articles I have read from there.

I would suggest Generalplot to read the article and take it for what it's worth to you. It's actually a good read. I would also recommend you both take a read through the couple of pages of comments if you have not already. Some enlightening arguments going on there not just about the article, but more points on the 360 VS PS3.

I myself am getting a Wii :) Although not really a nextgen console in comparison to Sony and MS current offerings, the controller alone has peaked my interest in gaming which has been very lax the past few years. I'll admit too that the cost of the Wii played a big part in my decision as well. I also like the fact that there is currently only one version of the Wii. Making us have to pick between the two 360's and PS3's is really a crappy thing to do to consumers, imo. The final item for me is the fact that I still buy games here and there for both my N64 and GC, yet my Xbox, PS1, and PS2 hardly get a new game ever. Though I did get a Naruto game for PS2 for my kids recently. I just have not found as much fun in those games as I have in those for the Nintendo consoles. So My plan is to simply stick with what has worked for me and not worry about what anyone else thinks. ;)