What's new

Nintendo Wii sells like zomg

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Indeed, and the PS3 is lagging behind even now. I've been watching these figures for a while...
It's selling like hotcakes. It's up to 395.000 now.

Last edited:

BlueFalcon7

Info is already in my sig. I dont even need to go to the site. Its constantly updating in my sig like every 5 minutes :)

Edit: OMG! h4x! it sais 0 for all of them...
darn SQL erors...

Trotterwatch

You can't get any serious analysis out of the figures so far due to the low stock levels.

Would be a much bigger and more meaningful story if this was done in a world where the stock levels were all equal.

I think Nintendo will be very happy though, and can see the console being a big success.

BlueFalcon7

Relax, the Wii is Power PC. It will be running an emulated version of OS X before you know it :p
That thing will be modded like crazy.

WhiteX

You can't get any serious analysis out of the figures so far due to the low stock levels.

Would be a much bigger and more meaningful story if this was done in a world where the stock levels were all equal.

I think Nintendo will be very happy though, and can see the console being a big success.

Yes, but if the numbers are the key to win the war, what is Sony thinking?

bcrew1375

I managed to get a Wii on Sunday morning at Wal-mart. I went to one that was near a rural area. They had everyone wait in the garden center, and you had to get a ticket off the counter. I was 18 out of 20, and I only had to wait 3 hours. :p It comes with Wii Sports and I also bought Trauma Center: Second Opinion and Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princess. It seems fun so far. My only gripe so far is the lack of accuracy in the pointer. Maybe it's just me, but it is really hard to do things properly in Trauma Center. I haven't got around to playing Zelda yet.

A.I.

Banned
I managed to get a Wii on Sunday morning at Wal-mart. I went to one that was near a rural area. They had everyone wait in the garden center, and you had to get a ticket off the counter. I was 18 out of 20, and I only had to wait 3 hours. :p It comes with Wii Sports and I also bought Trauma Center: Second Opinion and Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princess. It seems fun so far. My only gripe so far is the lack of accuracy in the pointer. Maybe it's just me, but it is really hard to do things properly in Trauma Center. I haven't got around to playing Zelda yet.

Are you freakn crazy man? :crazy:

Zelda would've been the first game I would have played! :p

Wii so sweet it's like candy! :icecream:

Miretank

Lurking
Doomulation said:
Don't you have a DVD player or a PC already? What's the point of DVD playback on the console?
Versatility.

When you don't have a DVD player around, a DVD-compatible Wii would supply your need. Video games were meant to play games, but actually DVD media is universal (is the same thing of a Playstation or Saturn not to read CD musics).

Cid

Versatility.

When you don't have a DVD player around, a DVD-compatible Wii would supply your need. Video games were meant to play games, but actually DVD media is universal (is the same thing of a Playstation or Saturn not to read CD musics).

Don't most people already have a DVD player around? If people can buy a $250 console, they can surely buy a $20 dvd player. :whistling

Miretank

Lurking
Cid said:
Don't most people already have a DVD player around? If people can buy a $250 console, they can surely buy a $20 dvd player.
Go for a travel. Will you take a DVD player and a console with you, when you possible could have all in one? ;)

Miretank

Lurking
Who doesn't have a DVD Player? What do you need it for travel for?
Useless question, fanboy typical.

A lot of people have a DVD player, but doesn't mean it is available for use.
The more ways you get to do the same thing, the best for you.

I already went to travel and took my console with me, so I could play during the travel. And oh, the place I went didn't have DVD players. What if my console would read DVDs?

Definitely, Wii is a great console, I like it a lot. I just think that Nintendo could be smarter and make it more versatile. Not to mention that both other systems will read DVD. Oh yeah, two old systems ALSO read DVD. Only Nintendo is behind.

Now they're planning to launch a new Wii model (DVD playback capable) NEXT YEAR. NEXT YEAR? Why would I buy it now then? People is only buying Wii because it is new. And I can bet that a lot of persons don't know that Wii can't reproduce DVD. That new came out on November 17th, two days before the launch. Like they were afraid with such decision of disabling DVD playback.

Last edited:

General Plot

Britchie Crazy
All in all, I'd like to see this thing flop. Nintendo's dropped the ball too many times now, and Sega pretty much got shoed out of the industry for less mistakes than what Nintendo's made/making.

Trotterwatch

The downloaded old games seem a tad disappointing at the moment, I remember the misplaced optimism from certain people who were convinced Nintendo were going to give them away rather than charging. Well $8 for something like Altered Beast seems to contradict that.

Though credit for it being a one off charge. I also expect the prices to drop eventually, and the back catalogue to grow to something approaching what Nintendo were boasting about. At the moment it seems bare (from reports).