What's new

Nintendo Revolution name revealed (official)

OP
arnalion

arnalion

Nintendo Fan
Don't know what to say... i'm stunned

EDIT: Hehe the systemwars at gamespot is a little chaotic right now. ^^
The moderators have never worked so much in their whole life. :p

Last edited:

Trotterwatch

I need the toilet after reading that page. Not a fan of the name at all - don't see what was wrong with Revolution to be honest.

SWAT_Marc

Ind. Design Student
Wheee!! ^_^

It's also a revolutionary name :p, though it does not convince me either...

Trotter: "Revolution" was too overbearing IMHO (but was better than Wii :blush:)

Hexidecimal

Emutalk Bounty Hunter.
All in favor of never referring to this console as wii, and continuing to refer to it as the Revo, say I.

I.

Talas

Son of the Sky
Sounds pretty... ahm... bad. But what about the european countries? I mean do they really want to unleash that name upon countries like Germany and Spain? In Germany "Wii" would sound very funny as a name for a console.

OP
arnalion

arnalion

Nintendo Fan
Doomulation said:
Well, of course they will. A console's name is the same everywhere, right?
Hexdecimal: I!

It depends, NES/Famicom. But it will probably have the same name WW

ChaosCode

I love nintendo but for the love of God what are they thinking? Do they think were all 3 yearolds? We are gonna be running around walmart going "Gimme my Wii Wii games!" , let the puns begin. Did you get ahold of your Wii yet? I heard you can plug your NDS into your Wii and so on...

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
haha

Nintendo Wii

What the hell were those Nintendo execs smoking?

[/zboard]

I'm sure the name doesn't hinder console sales. Besides, at least it's "different".

ChaosCode

ChaosCode said:
I love nintendo but for the love of God what are they thinking? Do they think were all 3 yearolds? We are gonna be running around walmart going "Gimme my Wii Wii games!" , let the puns begin. Did you get ahold of your Wii yet? I heard you can plug your NDS into your Wii and so on...

I heard your wife took away your Wii time. I have a million of them LOL. Its bad when you system becomes the joke of your market.

Last edited:

flowrent

Wii=oui (yes in french)
Wii=we
Wii = cry of joy

Ahaa,clever like Conker would say.They're trying to get subliminal with us.
Nevermind the name ,it will be great .