What's new

Nintendo DS revealed?

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
2fast4u said:
tag, i forgot to tell you ... doom doenst actually read the threads before he responds :D
Bah, I do. Just haven't seen those triggers.
Sometimes I don't look at pictures when they're of no use to me.

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
Doomulation said:
Bah, I do. Just haven't seen those triggers.
Sometimes I don't look at pictures when they're of no use to me.

Too bad these ones are integral to your arguement :p

Teasy

blizz said:
An interestling little titbit for those who didn't know already, both the DS and PSP games/demos on show were all emulated.

The PSP games and demo's were emulated and all the PSP was at E3 was an empty shell with a screen hooked up to a PC. This is according to a few news sources. But none of them have said that the DS was emulated. So I don't know where you've gotten that from.

GogoTheMimic

Pimpin' Red Mage
Doomulation said:
Now, I wonder if ninty will allow us to use the DS to link to the gamecube instead of the gba ;)

I'm keeping my new NES GBA SP after the DS comes out anyway. Why you ask? I have a couple of reasons:

1)The NES SP is fucking SWEET!

2)The DS will NOT play GB or GBC games. :/

3)Did I mention that the NES SP is sweet?

Doomulation

GogoTheMimic said:
I'm keeping my new NES GBA SP after the DS comes out anyway. Why you ask? I have a couple of reasons:

1)The NES SP is fucking SWEET!

2)The DS will NOT play GB or GBC games. :/

3)Did I mention that the NES SP is sweet?
3) Haha, ya you did :p But I'd rather not use nes sp. Waste of money imo ;)

2fast4u

ive been plotting to buy an sp for ages, so the nes one just might be a good choice (if i can get one that is).

Talas

Son of the Sky
Huh? I thought the DS would be compatible to the GBA and thus to the GB and GBC Games? Aint that the case?

blizz

my understanding is the DS is GBA compatible but not GBC compatible

I´ll check with someone who should know though, rather than some IGN fanboy pulling things out of his ass

OP
Gorxon

Gorxon

Administrator
The DS only support GBA games, not GBC. This is due to that the GBA actually had GBC hardware in it afaik, while such a thing in the DS would be a waste. I could of course be wrong, but I am almost 100% certain on this info.

sniper_112

Is the battery in the NDS the same as in the GBA? Because if it is i dont see how the battery can last the 10 hours, since its powering two screens this time.

Unless the starting prices of the two systems are other than those predicted by this board, Im sure the NDS will have a much faster start than the PSP. But the PSP will probably sell good when its price is down to a reasonable range, which might happen soon once Sony realizes they're losing their ass. But then again Ninty's systems haven't often had slow sales when they're prices drop. I think we can all agree sales between the two systems is going to be a battle of games. The two companies' games tend to attract two different crowds.

To me the games being run on DS make it look like a handheld n64, which is probably just my way of putting it down so i have a reason not to buy it(because im poor).

A couple questions on the PSP though,
-Does it have 4 shoulder buttons, Or just the vissable 2?
-And with the disc media how will it get over the huge problem of skipping?

Last edited:

revl8er

That Damn Good
I thought the remote moderator was just there to tell rom requesters that they are idiots. Since when does he/it reply to regular topics?

He replies all the time to regular topics, you must not be in the forums much.

Doomulation

sniper_112 said:
I thought the remote moderator was just there to tell rom requesters that they are idiots. Since when does he/it reply to regular topics?
What does it matter anyway? It's a person, not a bot.

sniper_112

Doomulation said:
What does it matter anyway? It's a person, not a bot.

Dont bite my head off doom I was just saying i thought it was a bot, not a big deal. Isn't there a bot on emutalk that i might be confusing him with?

Anyway about the DS, I was looking around the internet at different stuff and at a tripod site there was a banner advertising the DS with a new picture. Anyone know if its a fake? I think it looks nicer but would be almost impossible to play with the tiny buttons so close to the edge again.

<a href="http://www.angelfire.com/games5/llbcs/main2.html">Link to my pic.</a>

Last edited:

Remote

sniper_112 said:

That's probaly the most stupid thing I've ever heard on the internet.. :p

kick, ban please :p

blizz

Teasy said:
The PSP games and demo's were emulated and all the PSP was at E3 was an empty shell with a screen hooked up to a PC. This is according to a few news sources. But none of them have said that the DS was emulated. So I don't know where you've gotten that from.

hehe, wouldn't you like to know my sources? :p

blizz

sniper_112 said:
Anyway about the DS, I was looking around the internet at different stuff and at a tripod site there was a banner advertising the DS with a new picture. Anyone know if its a fake? I think it looks nicer but would be almost impossible to play with the tiny buttons so close to the edge again.

<a href="http://www.angelfire.com/games5/llbcs/main2.html">Link to my pic.</a>

that pic is a well known fake.

Last edited: