What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

New Here But Experienced(Question)

Dub01

Since this is my first post, here's a small introduction. I've been working with modeling and texturing since 08 and have imported many objects into another game. Well I also love N64 and want to try to re-texture one of my favorite games Banjo Tooie. So I followed the tutorial, installded the plugins, folders, etc... I made a new texture, put it in it's correct place and loaded the Rom. I'll let the picture speak for itself as to the problem I'm having.

Can anyone recommend a fix for this? Is there some other setting I need?

Video Plugin: RiceVideo6.1.3DX9

Btooie.jpg

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
hi, first update to 1964video (much newer) now the texture file is still the same size as the one you ripped?

can you post your plugin settings (ctrl, alt, prt sc).

are textures loading from cache, if so disable well editing.

OP
Dub01

Dub01

Ok I have upgraded to the latest 1964 but as soon as I load a ROM the program just quits when running Mudlords rice plugin. Furthermore, Banjo flashes and stutters something aweful with 1964. That's why I found P64 to be much more stable. Aside from occasional crashing, P64 runs very smoothly.

OP
Dub01

Dub01

1964video plugin (Not emulator) is placed in the plugins folder and place glide3x.dll in pj64 main folder.

did you find out if textures are cached?

Ok my bad. I now have the 1964video plugin installed for P64 and I already had the glide3x installed. The textures were not cashed, so I checked that option. However i can not get the hires textures to load with the new plugin.

Here is the file structure:

hires_texture
- WIP
- BANJO TOOIE
- ci_bmp
- texture.bmp

So is the structure correct? Do I need the subfolders?

There are like 4 of them and some seem to have the same textures . So which folder should I use to replace textures with?

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
sorry for late reply

The textures were not cashed, so I checked that option.
uncheck it do not use this option.

Here is the file structure:

hires_texture
- WIP
- BANJO TOOIE
- ci_bmp
- texture.bmp

set it up like this...
Code:
hires_texture\BANJO TOOIE\WIP\
place your bmp in WIP.

OP
Dub01

Dub01

Well thanks a lot for all your help. I got them working. However I do have another question. It seems that only the original "indexed" texture will work. So whenever I copy my texture and paste it into the old one and save it, it changes the entire look of the texture even the color. I tried first converting my texture to "indexed" but it didn't work in game. is there a work around for this? It seems awfully limiting otherwise.

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
indexed? what do you mean?
post screen shot.

be sure to edit the 0 layer of your texture and not add a new over layer.
in photoshop hit (ctrl-E) to merge layers to 0 layer.

Last edited:
OP
Dub01

Dub01

indexed? what do you mean?
post screen shot.

be sure to edit the 0 layer of your texture and not add a new over layer.
in photoshop hit (ctrl-E) to merge layers to 0 layer.

Indexed is simply the color palette used by the software. There are 3 types in Gimp that can be used; RGB, Grayscale, and Indexed. Indexed images from Banjo Tooie can only contain a maximum of 16 colors.. Also the resolution seems to be limited to 256x256. There is no way to get around it either. In Gimp it says there is only one layer so that's the only one that I can edit. If I simply save a new image as the original file name, it wont show in game. Furthermore indexed images can't be edited unless converted to another format. And if I convert and try to convert back and save it, that doesn't work either. So I'm left with copying my image onto the native indexed image regardless. I'm going to do a test on other games, to see how they are. In the meantime here is a screenshot of my first positive test.

I changed the roof and stone textures.
banjo.png