What's new

neo geo

OP
S

stimulate_uk

yeah yeah, but have i got a mame set? (thats what i need right) where do i put the neo geo bios, also how do i get the mam32 to recognise where MY games are? (as in the directory, there are hundreds but just standard screenshots)

Last edited:

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
MAME sets are usually in xxx-xx.bin format. The Neogeo.zip (the Neo-Geo BIOS) goes in the roms folder. The folder where MAME looks for romsets is the folder called roms. Of course, you can specify multiple rom folders in MAME's preferences if you like.

But yeah, if you still don't know what the hell I'm talking about, take heed on Allnatural's advice.

OP
S

stimulate_uk

I'VE PUT THE bios in the roms folder aswell as my zip file of metal slug, under available it says 'no game selected' as the screen is blank. (that site above wouldn't connect for me either)

OP
S

stimulate_uk

Agozer

Why won't you download MAME from official sources? The builds on that page are old.Or do you need those because of Kaillera? Besides, the mvscu (Marvel Vs. Capcom US set, not a Neo-Geo game) archive you have in that one screenshot is a clone and it won't work without a parent romset [mvsc.zip]

Last edited:
OP
S

stimulate_uk

i just got it to work! modified my controls by pressing tab! is there anyway of saving ingame play? also sometimes on some of the games i've placed in the roms folder say 'missing certain file' example 013, is that due to the bad rom?

Agozer

Those sets that display errors do not have all the files that MAME expects to find.

OP
S

stimulate_uk

yeah, tried saving a game and it said 'select location to save to' now because i use my ps2 controller i was unsure where/how to save it so i can load it up next time?

Allnatural

stimulate_uk said:
yeah, tried saving a game and it said 'select location to save to' now because i use my ps2 controller i was unsure where/how to save it so i can load it up next time?
Choose a save slot. You can make as many saves per game as you have keys on your keyboard (letters and numbers only). Many games don't support save states though, and for those that do it doesn't always work properly.

Agozer

stimulate_uk said:
thanks ^^^^ i've had a lot of games that need the chd though!!
You can pretty much forget about runing any CHD games on MAME because they are way to slow to be considered playable.