What's new

NDS2xGL a utility to double de nds window

sizzling_hotty

microphone fatal

I am playing Pokemon Diamond and sometime I got fatal error in microphone and also my game won't save properly until i close the emulator and restart it.is there any patch for save?and how can i correct this microphone error?and also speed is getting too fast as i am playing in unlimited 50 mhz disaster 50% for 16.78 real time audio doesn't work properly for me.
fastxw5.jpg
fast2wv2.jpg

P.S: sorry for bad english

OP
Mysoft

Mysoft

oh, i forget to announce here:

nds2xgl2.5b avaliable:

http://www.mediafire.com/?5hgzr4jznj9

Code:
hello, this is the version 2.5 of the my program

NDS2xGL is a program that add functions to the NO$GBA DS emulator (http://nocash.emubase.de/gba.htm), also thkz for martin for this incredible emulator =)

How to Install??

Just Extract/copy these contents into NO$GBA directory and to run use the NDS2XGL2 executable

Features From Version 2.5

1) 1.5x zoom fixed (to fit in 1024x768) (fullscreen is TODO)
2) Allow NO$GBA to rotate the screen
3) Can Speed NO$GBA emulator a bit (2%-10%)
4) It uses/requires OpenGL (a faster card more speed-up)
5) It will remeber the last select files for the roms you open using the normal open method (rom list not supported in this version)
6) It add 2 filter for the Graphics HQ2X and Scale2X
7) Add Right Click in the Touchscreen area (simulates mouse-look like those new games (CS/quake/etc..)

Optimized Settings:

Ok, i expect you have some new computer (that is needed to run NDS anyway), so this is the best you can do

in the emulator setup (F11):
  Video Output: Set to 15bpp

in the nds2xgl menu:
  FrameSkip 1 (30 fps) (you can use more to get little extra speed)
  Textures: 16bits
  Filter: Scale2x or None

if you got a blank screen, is probabily that you have a "default M$" video driver installed, download the lastest driver for you card to get it working =)

if you notice greatly slowdown using 16bpp textures change it to 32bpp

also if you found problem, dont forget to tell me =) (theres a debug dll included, that will helpme track the problem (screenshot of the debug window) but remember to keep the old DLL safe =)

Someone!

Hullo!
Awesomeness! What CS are you talking about in the changelog? There's no Counter-Strike for the nintendo DS xD

Last edited:
OP
Mysoft

Mysoft

Yeah and Someone said it already, there's no Counter-Strike for DS afaik

yeah yeah, and i mean that when you right click, you will be able to aim like CS or QUAKE (the cursor will hide and the mouse will overlap, so you dont need to reposion everytime it reaches the border)

Someone!

Hullo!
yeah yeah, and i mean that when you right click, you will be able to aim like CS or QUAKE (the cursor will hide and the mouse will overlap, so you dont need to reposion everytime it reaches the border)

Ho ho ho! Sounds awesomeness!
Btw, do you know why my lower screen magnifies?

straight

This program is fantastic. Dual Core support = awesome. And I'm very excited you're planning a "fullscreen" option. I have a couple suggestions:

1. It would be nice to be able to use the number pad and spacebar as possible keys for playing games. Would it be possible to add an option to turn off the hot-keys?

2. Having the two screens right next to each other looks great for some games, but for games like Yoshi's Island, having them right on top of each other makes the angles slightly off:
yoshi1.jpg

Would it be possible to add an option to create a space between the screens like this?
yoshi2.jpg

Thanks for making this program. It really ads a lot to NO$GBA. Any chance of a version for iDeaS?

OP
Mysoft

Mysoft

yeah, im working in the version 3.0 that will add a lot of cool things... just wait, it can take a little, but i will release it =)

and about ideas... hum... ideas already uses OpenGL and the way they are programmed difficult it to me... but anywayz ideas have some of the features implemented anyway ^^"

Someone!

Hullo!
Hey mysoft, will this version 3 be compatible with no$gba 2.6?
Cuz the current version seems to take too long before it opens on 2.6

straight

NDS2xGL + NO$GBA 2.6 Rocks!

NDS2xGL is working great for me with NO$GBA 2.6 (which I admit I downloaded without paying for, but it was so great I went back and paypaled my $2.50 for a legit copy.)

Check this out. If I set my desktop to 640x480 and turn my LCD on its side it's almost as good as a full-screen mode:
desktop.jpg

That's Super Mario 64DS running perfectly in OpenGL mode, full speed, smooth, looks great, and the sound is mostly pretty good. Fun!

Thanks again, Mysoft!

spotanjo3

Yeah, it's running perfectly butit is not perfectly.. What, you say ? Look at Yoshi and the character's shadows... It's missing and Princess Peach's hair is mess up still. :)

straight

True, RockmanForte. I was mostly thinking of how well NDS2xGL was working with version 2.6. I should have said "as perfectly as NO$GBA runs it." I imagine I'll be missing that shadow later when I want to know exactly where Yoshi or Mario is gonna land.

Still. Amazing progress.

p_025

Voted Least Likely to Succeed
This really ought to be stickied (but we have too many stickies already...) and the first post ought to be edited, as the link on there is broken.

As for the program itself, would it be possible to do different zoom levels?

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
This really ought to be stickied (but we have too many stickies already...) and the first post ought to be edited, as the link on there is broken.

As for the program itself, would it be possible to do different zoom levels?
Afaik it will be implemented in the next version.