What's new

N64 Glide Plugin. part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Falcon4ever

Plugin coder / Betatester
You should also take a look at the TR64-video source code.

I'm also bizzy with a GFX plugin....
:happy:

The Khan Artist

Warrior for God
Thanks, guys. And good luck, Falcon.

And Dave, of course. I predict Glide64 will become the most accurate, most compatible, fastest, and least used gfx plugin of all time. :p

OP
Cyberman

Cyberman

The Khan Artist said:
OK, I just spent about an hour seriously browsing the Glide64 0.04 sources. It mainly served to reinforce my belief that this is going to be hard as hell, but I'm beginning to understand some of how it works! Except for the fact that I'm still lost in the 3D math.

Cyberman: It's that out of date? I had no idea... Well, then, I'll just have to get a card that's good with OpenGL... :( Maybe if I write something I can sell first...

Oh, well, I'll just keep working. Even if it is all blood, sweat, and tears, and even if I never get much of anything running, at least I'll learn something.

Well it's fairly out of date unfortunately. Maybe someone has worked on it since? It's possible, 3dfx didn't do as much for the linux comunity toward it's latter days (see Year 2000) and thus not much happened in terms of updates.

Updating MesaGL might be easier though since you have a huge comunity of people who can give you advise on implementing various GL extensions etc. since there are a number of people working on that. (NVidia inclusive)

If you do get a port of Glide 3 MESA GL working under Windows let me know (heh) I sort of stoped working on that a while back :)

Cyb

linker

Emutalk Member
(NL)Falcon4ever said:
You should also take a look at the TR64-video source code.

I'm also bizzy with a GFX plugin....
:happy:

First of all that's not the source of the TR64-video plugin (Icepir8 never released it AFAIK).
Second - it's not even a plugin using the zilmar specs.
Third - this is the plugin for TrWin (an emulator initially started by Niki W. Waibel, then ported for windows by FiRES). The plug. is using OpenGL (as you can see).
Fourth. I don't know why so many people mix up Tr64 with TrWin or True Reality. It is a different project.

So.. is it clear now?

Falcon4ever

Plugin coder / Betatester
linker said:

First of all that's .... So is it clear now?

1. Yes that's true It was the TRwinGL source (and I re-zipped the video map cause the size was too big)
2. I didn't said it was a plugin that was created with zilmar specs, I only want to tell others that there are some usefull functions/code lines you should have a look at. Use the source as a sort of documentation not to build your plugin on.
3. TRwinGL original file src-12-28.zip
4. So What, I'm a human

Don't wanna get you mad but, I didn't mean it that way.
[case closed]

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
TRWinGL is not TRWin. TRWinGL was an opengl windows port of TrueReality and when the authors felt that they have made so many changes and this was no longer a port but a new emulator they renamed it TR64.
This file is an old version of the TR64 graphic plugin (made before the Zilmar spec was published). Icepir8 posted a newer version on his forum some time ago (zilmar spec compatible).

l@g

Glide64 0.4**DEV

Plz!, please, another games (we know Zelda works, and is amazing), but pokemon stadiums, f-zero, smash bros, papermario, mario partys, soccer games, racing games, etc?...
Some screenshots, nothing more...:blush:

bodie

patience! these things take time ..i am sure that when there's something to show the screenshots will be forthcoming ..but i can see why you are excited for news, dave has made miraculous progress..
i don't even have a voodoo card but it's fantastic to see the gfx taking shape ..keep up the great work dave ,it's looking exceptional
regards bodie

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
You know that Dave said that he might port it to us other users who doesn't have a voodoo in the future. That'd be soooooo good :p

The Khan Artist

Warrior for God
Doomulation said:
You know that Dave said that he might port it to us other users who doesn't have a voodoo in the future. That'd be soooooo good :p

Heh heh, that's one of the reasons I'm studying 3D rpogramming... to try and beat him to it. :p But I probably won't, even with that awesome tutorial Kashulty told me about... :!!!: Oh well, as long as it gets ported, I'm happy. :satisfied

Status
Not open for further replies.