What's new

N64 Adaptoids on eBay!

Remote

Yeah, pretty close... There's what, a timeframe of 5s where somebody could have beat you too it...:p

OP
Martin

Martin

Administrator
Oh was that you? $20 for an Adaptoid is ridiculously cheap. Congrats! :D

Problem is I can't afford them to let them go that cheap, well I can, but I wouln't make any money on them, and I'm not exactly doing charity here. :) I'll have to do $19.95 starting bids until I have the "buy it now" option available. Or perhaps I should put reserves on them? Fees there as well though :(

New one listed: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=21200&item=3041761987

smegforbrain

Martin said:
Where did you get the idea jandaman and ztnetshop offers free shipping and handling? I'm guessing it's around $5-7 depending on where they're sending. So, try to be a little more appreciative. :getlost:

Products
------------------------------------------------------
1 x Adaptoid () = $29.99
------------------------------------------------------
Sub-Total: $29.99
United States Postal Service (1 x 0.43lbs) (First-Class Mail (2 - 5
Days)): $2.85
Total: $32.84

Like I said, it beats waiting a week on ebay. :)

The Khan Artist

Warrior for God
Martin said:
Oh was that you? $20 for an Adaptoid is ridiculously cheap. Congrats! :D

Problem is I can't afford them to let them go that cheap, well I can, but I wouln't make any money on them, and I'm not exactly doing charity here. :)

Like you say, "It's a deal. It's a steal. It's sale of the f***in century" :D

Anyway, I definately don't want to put you out of business. :p

OP
Martin

Martin

Administrator
I've just had my first encounter with an eBayer:

fil-inc: "hy, do you have any more of these items? also i'm in the UK, so the cost of postage would be a lot less than US? thanks for your time, fiL"

martin: "Yes, I should get more Adaptoids torrow morning. S&H to the UK is as stated $4.50."

fil-inc: "hy martin, thanks for your reply

how i about i leave this auction to run itself, then
by 2 off you seperately tomorrow? i can pay you by
paypal

how much for you sell me 2 for mate?"

martin: "Yes, we could do that. I'm selling Adaptoids outside the auctions for $25
each, which is $5 less than any other place you can get them, unless you bid on our auctions of course.

Shipping for these two would come to $7.
The total price would be $57. I could probably ship them off as soon as tomorrow."

fil-inc: "dear martin

i can get them for that price already

your auction ended at $20, if you were to do them at
that price i would buy them"

martin: "$25 is what I sell them for. That auction went for $20, meaning we won't
make any money at all on it, and that's not good for us of course. But
that's the idea of auctions, people should be given a chance to grab one real cheap.

Good luck finding them cheaper than $25. To save you some time searching - you won't. If you want them cheaper you'll have to bid and wait the 10 days it takes for us to run another 2 auctions."

fil-inc: "25 for one yes
i thought you might do me a small discount for buying
2, so you still make a reasonable amount of money

making some money on a 2 extra adaptoids through me is
better than making none at all?"

martin: "$25 is a $5 discount from anywhere else you can buy them.. That's 20% off,
and it's the best I can do."

fil-inc: "you make 5 dollars from me if i buy one, correct?

well IF you do a person a discount then they will buy
2, thus increasing your PROFIT

eg. 2 x $23.50 = $7 dollars profit, rather than $5

so you make MORE money

that's called 'good business sense'"

martin: "I'll get them sold anyway. Sounds like you're trying to lecture me and raise your tone and I don't need that."

fil-inc: "you don't know how to run a business

your loss

now fuck off"

I haven't replied yet. The guy is a registered member here under the nick fil-inc. His e-mail address is [email protected]. Needless to say, this is discouraging. I've not done anything wrong, all I've done is giving people a chance to buy an Adaptoid much cheaper than retail, but it seems people expect them cheaper than the production cost, and if they don't get them for that, we can fuck off. Or did I do something wrong? :plain:

The Khan Artist

Warrior for God
You didn't do anything wrong at all. As you stated, you are already selling them for less than retail value, and you will sell them anyway, so you have no incentive to give bulk discounts.

Now, if he had been wanting 5 or 10, a small discount would possibly have been in order, but for 2? No way.

I've sold a couple of things on eBay. There are idiots. Don't let yourself get burned. You did the right thing.

OP
Martin

Martin

Administrator
Yeah. I've blocked him from eBay and banned him from here. :)

Either way, I'm not willing to do a better price than $25 regardless of how many people buy. I didn't get a discounts when I bought them myself, regardless of how many I bought. Nuff ranting. :p

smegforbrain

Martin said:
I've just had my first encounter with an eBayer:

That's a shame, but people suck.

Put him on your block bidders list.

I'd also perhaps consider reporting him to ebay for trying to solicite off-ebay deals (which can get you in trouble).

But man do people suck.

Macca

There are ways to increase your rating martin. ;)

you could get someone to buy a piece of paper from you a few times. sure it costs you the money to place the auction (its only a tiny fee isnt it?) but it may be worth it in the long run.

OP
Martin

Martin

Administrator
Good to hear. :D
Oh and thanks for the ebay feedback, just need 6 more now and we can do Buy it now. :)

BTW, is there interest for Adaptoids bundled with original N64 controllers (used but in good condition)? Or perhaps sold seperatly? Or both? Heh. Reason I'm asking is I think I could get my hands on some. :)

smegforbrain

Martin said:
BTW, is there interest for Adaptoids bundled with original N64 controllers (used but in good condition)? Or perhaps sold seperatly? Or both? Heh. Reason I'm asking is I think I could get my hands on some. :)

I would say yes. Perhaps even for Rumble Pak's and the memory pak's as well.

While waiting for my Adaptoid to arrive, I went back to ebay to get an N64 controller and rumble pak.

Just combine shipping on them if you should offer it all separately, and you'd probably find many that are interested in them.

The big thing here is that most people probably don't know what an adaptoid is.

OP
Martin

Martin

Administrator
Just a little update:

In about two weeks I'm going to sell N64/PSX USB Adaptors as well. A cheaper alternative to the Adaptoid, and it works with PSX controllers as well. Only one controller to be used at a time, and it does not support force feedback. It does not work with all N64 controllers, so if you want to be sure your controller works with it, get an Adaptoid instead. I'll test all my controllers with one later and will find out which colours work and which won't. The first bid will be $8.95 and the buy it now price will be $11.95. Same S&H fees as for the Adaptoid.

The Adaptoid will still have a first bid of 19.95 in the future as well, and a buy it now for $25.95. :) Gotta love the dot 95s. :p

I hope you all are pleased with this news. I also purchased some used N64 controllers, but might not sell them worldwide. We'll see, gotta check shipping fees for one at the post office first and it'll be 3 weeks before I receive them.