What's new

n0$gba 2.3a

j3bus

jebus
you dont have to change any configuration for most of the games... the problem could be the roms that are damaged or bad dumped so it wont work... and be sure that they are encrypted... maybe could be you computer i supose, but try the first options, encrypted ang good roms

j3bus

jebus
download the ndstool and you can see if its a good rom. in the command window go to where is the file then type

ndstool -i "rom_directory"

for example:

ndstool -i "C:\Roms\DS\Mario_64.nds"

and you can see if its ok.

other thing that could help (thanks to rockmangames for telling me) in the no$gba go to Options-Emulation Setup in the Reset/Startup Entrypoint option select GBA BIOS then click OK then Options-Save Options. Reset the emulator and you will able to see the NDS firmware select the game and thats all. But to do this you need the firmware.bin file and you have to paste it in the same folder that no$gba is.

spotanjo3

Newer and most games require firmware.bin and nds menu, yes. See my screenshots ? I used nds menu because of firmware.bin. :)

newone1

I have the firmware and everything and I play a rom but the screen is still black + I tryed that option+emu then change and stuff but it still doesn't work.

spotanjo3

That's strange.

Wait....tell me if your ndsbios is already unzipped and firmware is supposed to be rename to firmware.bin ? They all must be in the same directory folder as no$gba.

newone1

Yes they are unzipped and it is renamed to firmware.bin and all in the same folder as No$gba. Hmmm I have a idea. How about you give me a picture of your No$gba folder and then maybe I can see if I have something missing.

Last edited:

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
I hope you have selected not to have the game boot automatically in No$gba's configuration.

spotanjo3

Yes they are unzipped and it is renamed to firmware.bin and all in the same folder as No$gba. Hmmm I have a idea. How about you give me a picture of your No$gba folder and then maybe I can see if I have something missing.

Sure:

40nf95x.jpg

newone1

Thanks I finally have the nds menu working finally. The problem was that my firmware's name is firmware.bin not firmware lol.

Agozer

You mean that your firmware's name was firmware.bin.bin

This happens often when people have set their Windows boxes so that files extension are not shown by default.

megaxvx

Rockman Fan
Version: No$gba 2.3a

Scurge Hive (E)

Review: nothing wrong and it has save xd.

Snood 2 On Vacation (E)

Review: nothing wrong

Nicktoons Unite! (U)

Review: The topscreen is invert and some bugs on 3D.

Billiard Action (E)

Review: The screens are invert.

Tootuff Mission Nadia (E)

Review: The topscreen is invert and some bugs on 3D.

ArgJuli

Argentine emutalk-tennisplayer
I have a problem with No$Gba 2.3...when I load a rom a message appears: "The rom-image crashed" and the the emulator close...maybe is my 3D card--but i don't know why because the emulator iDeaS works very well in my PC

Agozer

N0$gba only works if you have the correct BIOS files as well as encrypted ROM images. The ROMs you can obtain illegally are decrypted, so you need to encrypt the ROMs before they are usable.

ArgJuli

Argentine emutalk-tennisplayer
And how I can encrypt the roms I download? So the message: "NO$GBA FATAL-the rom-image crashed" is because the roms i have are decrypted?

spotanjo3

Yes, you need eNDryptS Advanced tool and also you will need nds bios and firmware.bin to play the encrypted nds roms.

Agozer

And how I can encrypt the roms I download? So the message: "NO$GBA FATAL-the rom-image crashed" is because the roms i have are decrypted?
Most likely yes.

You need NDSTool or another multi-purpose program designed for NDS ROMs. It was already mentioned earlier in this thread, IIRC, along with a download link.