What's new

Mupen64 really slow!!!

Clements

I wouldn't know, I never used Dell, I had mine custom built at an independent retailer and doesn't have a 'brand' (I have an aversion to these big retailers as you can get ripped off so easily).

I think that Dell allow you to customise the computer, so you wouldn't be screwed over with hellish on-board video, which is a good thing. Just be damn careful what you buy so that you don't have a massive bottleneck in your system.

ciruZ

Why GForce 3? Even a GForce 2 is better than the 3!
And you really don't need a good GFX Card for N64 Games - an ATI Rage 128 would be enough, but they still cost more then 25$ I think.

ciruZ

Felipe said:
only in your dreams a Gforce 3 is worse a 2 sweetie :*
No no, the best GF2 is better then a GF3, really, I wouldn't believe it at first, too, but it seems to be true.

Trotterwatch

ciruZ said:
No no, the best GF2 is better then a GF3, really, I wouldn't believe it at first, too, but it seems to be true.
Where did you conjure that statistic up from?... GF3 all the way vs a GF2.

Your comment about the ATI Rage confirms to me that you are indeed living on a different planet to the rest of us :/

Last edited:

ciruZ

Trotterwatch said:
Where did you conjure that statistic up from?... GF3 all the way vs a GF2.

Your comment about the ATI Rage confirms to me that you are indeed living on a different planet to the rest of us :/
Hmm, I had no problem using the ATI Rage 128, the fps were ok.
@GF3 vs GF2: As I said, I didn't believe it at first, but it seems to be true. The FPS Rates with a GF3 are very low.
But thats off topic, please come on topic again ;)

Felipe

Brazilian Translator
ciruZ said:

Gf3 is better,that is really true,talking off topic,it has vertex and pixel shader necessary to run silent hill 3,thing that gf2 and gf4 mx dont have.

ciruZ

Felipe said:
Gf3 is better,that is really true,talking off topic,it has vertex and pixel shader necessary to run silent hill 3,thing that gf2 and gf4 mx dont have.
That can be, but you'll get more FPS with a GF2 or GF4.
And OpenGL 1.2 / 1.3 supported is enough, sure, OpenGL 1.5 would be fine, but atm nobody uses it.
D3D is shit that nobody needs. Why should a GFX Card do things that normally should do the processor?

Felipe

Brazilian Translator
ciruZ said:
D3D is shit that nobody needs. Why should a GFX Card do things that normally should do the processor?

u must gotta be kidding,why?did u never see dungeon siege dont u?

OP
G

Gozu33

hmm back 2 the discussion at hand here :sweat1: :afro:
my sisters comp has a Amd Duron processor that runs 1 GHZ :p and here comp has 32 mb memory O_O and she doenst even turn it on, it has been sitting there with the POWER SWITCH turned off for the last YEAR!!! so would that be enough?? and i think it has a bad Video Card oh and um errr i am not sure though :)

ciruZ

Why don't you just try it? Sometimes something runs better on an old pc than on a new pc - so just test it. :)

OP
G

Gozu33

I almost got a new card but i couldn't b/c my dad wouldn't get it it waws 50$ :afro: i should get a good 1 with at least 64mb of memory today at a comp store that should be good enough a Gforce right and i don't know the difference from AGP and Pci but i know i have a pci

ciruZ

A PCI Card? They're really slow and only a few of them have 3D Acelleration.
AGP is for GFX Cards only and its much faster - almost every AGP Card has 3D Acceleration.

OP
G

Gozu33

how do i know if i have a AGP slot is what i meant
:afro:
Pci cards are to hard to find :/

Felipe

Brazilian Translator
i have a savage too and if i was u i'd wait until can buy a better card,i'm wanting a radeon 9600 non pro 256 MB.

ciruZ

Felipe said:
i have a savage too and if i was u i'd wait until can buy a better card,i'm wanting a radeon 9600 non pro 256 MB.
A Radeon 9500 Pro is better as a 9600 - 9500 was a highend card, 9600 was developed for home users. However, the 9500 Pro is better, but (only a bit) older.
If you don't believe me like in the last thread about gfx cards: Go and get some benchmarks!

Felipe

Brazilian Translator
ciruZ said:
A Radeon 9500 Pro is better as a 9600 - 9500 was a highend card, 9600 was developed for home users. However, the 9500 Pro is better, but (only a bit) older.
If you don't believe me like in the last thread about gfx cards: Go and get some benchmarks!

i can believe that,but no way i can believe that a Gf3 is worse a 2 :rolleyes: