What's new

Mupen64 0.4 feedback thread

OP
Hacktarux

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
zaba said:
Hi everyone, first post, I'm trying to compile the glide64 plugin provided in the mupen 0.4 source thread, and I get the following error on "make":

In file included from wrapper/textures.cpp:9:
wrapper/main.h:19: error: `void (*glActiveTextureARB)(unsigned int)' redeclared
as different kind of symbol
/usr/X11R6/include/GL/gl.h:2041: error: previous declaration of `void
glActiveTextureARB(unsigned int)'
wrapper/main.h:20: error: `void (*glMultiTexCoord2fARB)(unsigned int, float,
float)' redeclared as different kind of symbol
/usr/X11R6/include/GL/gl.h:2053: error: previous declaration of `void
glMultiTexCoord2fARB(unsigned int, float, float)'
make: *** [wrapper/textures.o] Error 1

gl.h from /usr/X11R6/include/GL is from my NVIDIA closed-source driver (version 1.0-5336), I've changed the -mcpu option in the makefile to "pentium4" to get optimization for my CPU, but even when leaving "athlon" (the default one), I get the same error...

The glN64 plugin gives me an error too...
It looks like a hack for banjoo-tooie shadows:
Combiner.cpp:351: error: integer constant is too large for "long" type
Since I'm no programmer at all, I just commented the if statement since I don't play banjoo-tooie.
Some info to help you:
gcc (GCC) 3.3.4
NVIDIA closed-source driver version 1.0-5336
Linux 2.4.26 (I think it doesn't matter)

Good luck, by the way, the compare-pipe stops install.sh from ending the proccess.

Sorry for my bad english, good luck and thanks. (is the error on gln64 is about mux, just curious to know...)

For gln64, you can also try the original source code by blight (should be posted somewhere on this board), i've modified it so that it can compile on my system but maybe the original works better on your. The problem is that nvidia are changing their gl.h file all the time :(

For glide64, if it's already defined, you can comment the line that's causing the error in wrapper/main.h

And you can safely remove compare_pipe file, it's only used for debugging purpose.

OP
Hacktarux

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
olivieryuyu said:
well a bug that was occuring also in version 0.3: with 1080 snowboarding the transparency of cards are not working. With the same plugins and other emus it's ok

Interesting... but i don't know if i'll be able to fix it easily....

olivieryuyu

this game is considered as an unknown dump

Good Name : HAMSTER MONOGATARI 64 (J) [!]

internal name: Êѽ °ÓÉ¶Þ Ø64

95A80114-E0B72A7F-C4A

no eeprom

OP
Hacktarux

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
i need the md5 code of the game to add it to the ini. You can calculate it in the game properties (right click in the rom browser).

olivieryuyu

and a good surprise now: Top Gear Overdrive and Hyperdrive works with Mupen 0.4 !!!!!

Use dynarec and use no delay option. The sound is of course not synchronized but the game is not locking as nearly all the rest of the other emu.

I really consider Mupen as a new generation of n64 emulator and in the future it 'll be the best because it try to respect timings and don't use counter factor "trick".

Very good !!!! Congratulations !!!

olivieryuyu

OMG, NFL Quarterback Club 98 works !!!

Congratulations !!!!!!

After Taz Express, Topgear Overdrive, Topgear Hyperdrive, this one. . And as you respect timings few games are really better with you emulator as they doesn't have problems of flickering !!!

Well if there is still a problem of synchronization with sound it's very good (hope it 'll be fixed by a fix release ...)

ciruZ

Well, a lot of games work with that even Project64 has a lot of problems.
Btw, afaik is Mupen64 the first emulator that doesn't have a flickering in quake! :)

olivieryuyu

ciruZ said:
Well, a lot of games work with that even Project64 has a lot of problems.
Btw, afaik is Mupen64 the first emulator that doesn't have a flickering in quake! :)

yes the flickering problem disappears with Mupen and that's good.

olivieryuyu

is it possible to not use expansion pack because some games are not compatible with expansion pack (in fact the gfx plugin doesn't support it ....) ?

sinastis

I just want to know you get the program running in Linux
This is what I get:
[sinastis@server mupen64-0.4]$ ./mupen64
Couldn't read config file '/Programs/mupen64-0.4/.//gui_gtk.conf': No such file or directory
Illegal instruction

There is nothing in the instructions on the guy_gtk.conf file. How do you get it to work?

OP
Hacktarux

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
do u have write permissions in this directory ?

It is perfectly normal that there's no gui_gtk.conf the first time you run mupen64, it's created the first time you use it.

olivieryuyu

Rogue squadron: a bug with all emulators except Nemu 0.8 : it need to use Lemmy gfx plugin and Jabo rsp. If there is an expansion pack the game locks at the first page (logo). Without expansion pack the game continue to works. It seems also that emulators (except Nemu 0.8) have problems with inputs (locks too). Mupen have the same bugs ... but it could be a question of RSP. it's the same with battle of Naboo.

Last edited:

sinastis

Hacktarux said:
do u have write permissions in this directory ?

It is perfectly normal that there's no gui_gtk.conf the first time you run mupen64, it's created the first time you use it.

Yes I do. Everything is read write access by my user name. Same thing still

Couldn't read config file '/Programs/mupen64-0.4/.//gui_gtk.conf': No such file or directory
Illegal instruction
Illegal instruction

Everytime I run it.

OP
Hacktarux

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
Are u using the precompiled binary or do u have compiled it ?

If you have compiled it yourself and have some programming knowledge you can also try compiling it with debugging options and run it in a debugger to see at which line it crashes...

HezniK

hi

I guess that this will be little offtopic but i wanted to put it here.

First, my friend and I did a Polish translation for mupen 0.4, using lang files in there. But I found a thread on this forum (from May) that says about lang files specs for mupen 0.4 and format is little diffrent. Which format is preffered? I will attach lang file that we did.

Secondly, this friend of mine also is doing ebuild for mupen 0.4 (and probably for plugins too) for Gentoo distro, and he ask could you add to these files (like: riceplugin.tar.bz2) a version number. This is what he said:

The problem is that for this version you need newest files and on gentoo mirrors you can get files only for the previous version of mupen. Unfortunatelly ebuild cannot recognize is downloading file is the one it needs.

cheers

OP
Hacktarux

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
HezniK said:
hi

I guess that this will be little offtopic but i wanted to put it here.

First, my friend and I did a Polish translation for mupen 0.4, using lang files in there. But I found a thread on this forum (from May) that says about lang files specs for mupen 0.4 and format is little diffrent. Which format is preffered? I will attach lang file that we did.

Secondly, this friend of mine also is doing ebuild for mupen 0.4 (and probably for plugins too) for Gentoo distro, and he ask could you add to these files (like: riceplugin.tar.bz2) a version number. This is what he said:

cheers

The format is different for windows and linux versions.

If there's no version number, it's probably that there wasn't any change...