Tr64 src

I find out a speed up for my slow cpu:

Add following to sdlgl.c line 58 at the end:

|SDL_DOUBLEBUF|SDL_GL_DOUBLEBUFFER;

that's all.

See you

blight

Sri Narayan: are you sure?
first of all, SDL_DOUBLEBUF makes SDL_Surfaces hardware accelerated - it does (or should) not affect opengl settings.
second is that also SDL_GL_DOUBLEBUFFER doesn't affect wether it's double buffered or not if given as a flag (at least i cannot find anything about it in the docs)... what sets up double buffering is SDL_GL_SetAttribute( SDL_GL_DOUBLEBUFFER, 1 );

Rocks

I never tried former versions of this emu, just downloaded it yesterday, and it rocks big time, I thought the only worthy n64 emus round were my beloved 1964 and pj64, but mupen is as great as those, tried Ocarina of time, which Im finishing right now and it works perfect!!!

One thing, I downloaded the win32 port, and Im running winxp, but seems like it kept getting stuck and had to close the app with the task manager, but I fixed it by creating a batch file :

del mupen64.ini
mupen64.exe
exit

though dont know why is the mupen64.ini the problem (i tried the compressed file option checked/unchecked but none of em worked)

blight

david_hayter: the ini file is very big and if you have many roms it might take quite some time at some place in the gui - maybe you'd only have to wait a few more mins instead of killing mupen from the task manager ;)

OP
Hacktarux

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
For soe unknown reason, sometimes the ini file got corrupted... i suggest you to keep a copy of the original ini file and replace it when it happen.

If you can find a way to corrupt the ini each time, i would be very interested to hear about it.

ShadowPrince

David_Hayter said:
I never tried former versions of this emu, just downloaded it yesterday, and it rocks big time, I thought the only worthy n64 emus round were my beloved 1964 and pj64, but mupen is as great as those, tried Ocarina of time, which Im finishing right now and it works perfect!!!

One thing, I downloaded the win32 port, and Im running winxp, but seems like it kept getting stuck and had to close the app with the task manager, but I fixed it by creating a batch file :

del mupen64.ini
mupen64.exe
exit

though dont know why is the mupen64.ini the problem (i tried the compressed file option checked/unchecked but none of em worked)

Ini file keeps information for Mupen to identify exactly rom name and version ,using MD5 checksums,as well as rom specific info,such as save states types ,comments . Emulator should load it in fractions of second to memory.

In 0.2 there was a bug,if mupen64 crashed on exit,there was possibility,that ini file got corrupted.Cause mupen loads ini file to memory,and saves it back, when emulator exit. Crash and ini corruption probably happened on some systems if you try to exit emulator without stopping emulation first.
Already fixed,now emulator can work without ini and with corrupted ini .
And shouldnt corrupt ini and crash on exit ,which is more important :)

For now i suggest you to replace ini with good one from archive ,and close rom before you exit emu.

Nope

blight said:
david_hayter: the ini file is very big and if you have many roms it might take quite some time at some place in the gui - maybe you'd only have to wait a few more mins instead of killing mupen from the task manager ;)

Right now the only rom Ive got in my HD is that of Ocarina (others in CDs) and the only one tried in mupen, so, I think thats not the prob, regarding waiting time, the first time it happened, i continued using some other apps and stuff and like 15 mins later, i discovered it was suposedly be running into the background since then.

Sri Narayan

Again tr64src

I was wrong. Sorry !!!

The speed up does not come from the SDL_SwapBuf.

I changed the render.c file.

In line 374 I add again the SDLGL_SwapBuffer(); func.

This change increase Super Mario from 28.8fps to 57fps

See you

mojo

I got a bug report here:
-----------------------
Seg. fault:
==========
1. Run Mupgen
2. Run a ROM (Zelda with my case)
3. Press ESC to escape the running game window
to come back to main GUI
4. Run another game then the program exits
5. On Terminal: seg. fault

And sometimes the mupen exit and terminal report some errors if using blight_input.

I also have many bugs report for games, do u need me to post it up?

mojo

OKay. All my bugs are produced on:
Linux RH 9 (Shrike)
GF 2 MX 64 MB
P4 1.6Ghz
256 Mb RAM

===================
Paper Mario Bug report
===================
With glN64 0.31, the game still run. But at the intro,
when Wizard Koopa do the curse on Star Council, the program crash.

=====================
Pokemon Stadium
=====================
All glitches appear every where. Playable but slow.

=======
Zelda
=======
Something wrong with the core emulation, at the begin of the game, Link has all items. And Link has
4 Orcania!!!!

----------------------------------
There are lots of bugs. I will make a systematic bug report and post it here.
-----------------------------------
And can I become main tester for Mupen64 Linux?

mojo

=======================
Super Smash Bros
=======================
With glN64 plugin, at the intro when Samuz is introduced, the fps fall down significantly and crash the emu.
New version runs this game more smoothly than previous version but still really slow.

========================
Diddy Kong racing *CRACK*
=======================
Not run at all and freeze up all my GNOME, I have to use Alt-F2 to switch to another terminal and kill GNOME.

========================
Zelda: Majora Mask
========================
The fps of gpu is falling down through the game.
This game got problem with the controller plugin of blight too, sometime I did configure everything for controller correctly, but in the game it said no controller.

========================
Mario64
========================
Super slowly loading at the intro (Mario Face), later on everything's fine.

========================
Mario Tennis
========================
This game is partially playable so I just report that if you choose Gray Color Tennis Ground, the emu crash b/c of seg. fault. Not sure this happen on another Linux. My one is RedHat 9 Severn

That's all ROM I got, I'll get another ROM test soon when I get all of them. And I think the next version need to change the icon, I've known that blight already ported to GTK2, so no more comment on GUI.

mojo

====================
Bomberman Hero
===================
Run fine. Small glitches at the corner when playing

===================
Bomberman 64
===================
All texture are missing. (Plugin fault)

===================
Doraemom 64
===================
Very well. 99% good emulated

LightStruk

Bug Reports

========
Blight's SDL Input
========
I'm using an Adaptoid with an original N64 controller, and the analog stick doesn't work.

========
Rom Browser
========
The rom browser doesn't show all of my ROMs. It scanned them in up to the T's, but left out the rest. I can still open the ROMs it missed individually though.

========
Text texture errors
========
With both TR64 and glNintendo64(), the text on opening screens (like Tony Hawk, Perfect Dark, and Duke Nukem 64) appears as opaque boxes instead of text.

========
stuff you already know
========
It's slow.
F-Zero doesn't work.

It rocks to see N64 emulation picking up again. Go Mupen!

mojo

============
Mario Tennis
============
When u start a match, there's a intro scene (i.e. Mario Vs. Luigi). At that scene, not graphic show up incorrectly but the speed decreases significantly and crash up the Linux.