What's new

Mupen64 0.2 feedback thread

ShadowPrince

LazerTag said:
no "startup fullscreen" as far as I can see. I run in window mode myself. Also just checked and it works fine on my home system as well (see specs in my profile).

I saw a minor issue just now while playing around with the new RSP. When you have the setting on "Process Alists by RSP DEfined Plugin" selected, the plugins in the drop down will only appear if they are contained within Mupen's local plugin folder.

So for instance on my system I have a main plugin folder that 1964 and PJ64 are pointed to so I only have to update one directory as new plugins come out. I pointed Mupen to that folder and can select plugins without any problems. From there, like with 1964 and PJ64, I usually delete all the plugins from emulators root plugin folder. With Mupen this made it to where no plugins where listed in the RSP settings dialogue.

Hope that makes sense.

This is known problem,it's because of the specs of rsp,plugin doesn't know in what directory it should seacrh for plugins,so it search it in default one.The only way plugin can know,that plugin directory is changed (without changing specs) is to read it directly from Mupen config file.
But then ,this feature will not work correctly on other emulators,cause
they storing their configs in different way.Anyway,I'll see what i can do to fix it.

I strongly suggest it to people,who have problem with getting good sound.
Jabo as main plugin + Azimer 0.4 in mupen RSP = best sound you can possibly get on any emulator.

Edit: start in fullscreen added,will be released in bug fix version soon.

Last edited:

Rice

Emulator Developer
ShadowPrince

The RSP dll should be able to know its own folder, and be able to search audio plugins in the folder.

linemu

Hacktarux said:
linemu: i don't have a machine to compile with an older glibc, i'll try to see what i can do but i can't promise anything... Or you can look at suse websites to know how to upgrade to the newest glibc
(also can you try to remove all the plugins to see if the gui can be shown without them ?)

I actually asked how to upgrade to 2.3 in the justlinux.com forums (a very large linux forum), I got a reply from one of the moderators and he said this "usually an upgrade of glibc breaks everything as most things on your system will have it as a dependancy; especially going from 2.2.x to 2.3.x. that is a major version change." As I am sort of new to linux I don't want to do major damage to my system. So Unless I buy SuSE linux 8.2 I'm stuck.

ShadowPrince

Pm me the way,then,please,Rice :)

btw,link in your signatture broken

Edit: nevermind,found it,thanks for the tip

Last edited:

Felipe

Brazilian Translator
Felipe: afaik, f-zero is one of the few roms that doesn't work in mupen64

this is bad,why f-zero dont work on mupen64?

Theboy

LKE WHAT I HAVE SEEN SO FAR! GOOD JOB.

I was wondering if we are going to see a port of Mupen64 to XBOX?

Glad to see 64 emulation is still in progress.. :)

Lillymon

Ninja Princess
Theboy said:
I was wondering if we are going to see a port of Mupen64 to XBOX?
Not until the dynarec core is completed at least. A 700Mhz CPU just isn't fast enough to handle an interpreter core.

Also, Daedalus-X and PJ64-X are already out. Those two are better for now anyway.

ShadowPrince

DesktopMan said:
What about a gamecube port? A 485 mhz powerpc can do amazing things :)

ps: This was a kinda joke post. but GameCube dev is possible now. www.gcdev.com

MacOS port exist,and i heard it kick ass too :).
This is not exactly gamecube,but it have CPU from the same family,and you not need to care about endianess problems,as they already solved.
But i guess there are no way to run big N64 roms on gamecube just yet.

DesktopMan

Actually, there is :) The newly released psul 1.1 supports 14mbyte. It has a file-passing mode (passes files to main), and the max size there is 8 mbyte. Handy for mario64 and others :)

ShadowPrince

DesktopMan said:
Actually, there is :) The newly released psul 1.1 supports 14mbyte. It has a file-passing mode (passes files to main), and the max size there is 8 mbyte. Handy for mario64 and others :)

Heh,not followed it for awhile,great progress :)
I know you did chip8 emulator for GC,will be cool to see Mario64 or Quest64 (should be fast enough to be playable) running on it :)

stickler

input

Hello
I have downloaded and compiled the new mupen64 and the plugins. Im using Blights input plugin to use my interact hammer head fx usb gamepad.

The controller is calibrated right and is working, it works in mupen64 and others like zsnes etc.
However my analong stick does not work in 0.2. It is mapped correctly and picks it up in the controller configuration window, but it will not work during actual game play. I don't know if this is a problem with the plugin or 0.2 of mupen. 0.1 didn't have this problem with the same plugin.

Here is my plugin directory:
bash-2.05b$ cd mupen64srcs/emu64/plugins/
bash-2.05b$ ls
glNintendo64-0.3.1.so tr64gl.so blight_input-0.0.7-b.so mupen64_audio.so uhleaudio-0.1a.so empty mupen64_hle_rsp.so

Anyone have any simmilar problems?
I'd love too start playing agian.
The emulator also seems to be operating a ton faster :D.
Cheers

amd 2100 512 ddr ram geforce 2 64 meg Slackware 9.0 running 2.4.21.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
The Khan Artist said:
First bug report. :p

Glide64 (0.42) + eVoodoo (3.99) does not work, at all. It crashes immediatly after loading a game, before displaying any gfx.

It works fine in 1964 and PJ64.
Some say that Mario was working with this, hmm...
but again, I must say that the same thing *does* happen to me, too, even in the newest version.
So...does mario work with this for you? I'll test mine as well.
EDIT: Nope, using Glide64 0.43WIP & eVoodoo 3.99, not even Mario works.

Last edited:

ibimbo

os x g3 700 384ram radeon16mb

mario64 runs at 20fps (in average) sound works but it seems slower than video

linemu

Yyyyeeeesssss!!!!!!

I compiled mupen64 myself... and...it...WOORRRKKSSS!!! GAMES RUN AT FULLSPEED, SOUND IS WONDERFUL. N64 EMULATION FOR LINUX IS HERE!!! YYYEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSS. THANK YOU HACKTARUX!!!

Trillian

Compiled the RSP, input, sound and TR64 plugins using GCC 3.2.1 on Linux 2.4.21.
GUI is working, but when running Zelda OOT, an insane amount of new threads/processes are created, then Mupen dies on an fwrite() call.

I'll try to get more useful backtraces etc tonight.

btw, you shouldn't hardcode CC to "gcc-3.0.4". Thought about using autotools for the build system?

OP
Hacktarux

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
threads creation is normal and the threads are also terminated anyway...

I think the problem is that you don't have all files and directories needed by the emu. You need at least mupen64.ini file, plugins/ directory and save/ directory.