What's new

Mozilla or FireFox?

deesse

J'aime ce que tu es
=(

it's me or FireFox is a bit slow to load, slow to browse ?

someone else has the same problem ???

Eagle

aka Alshain
Malcolm said:
the reason is because EmuTalk uses too many smilies in that side panel.

The HTML for the smilies is in a layer with a high (or no) z-index and is shown 'under' the table.

Martin can use the hack that I gave him for the beta version of Vb 3 (we're now out of the beta series), or he can limit the amount of smilies in that side panel.

If he could just get all the guys holding the little signs to be in one column it would fix this problem.

2fast4u

deesse said:
yep, sometimes too slow, it's strange :|

are you sure you didnt just have a lot of sites cached in internet explorer which firefox now has to load for the first time?

deesse

J'aime ce que tu es
2fast4u said:
are you sure you didnt just have a lot of sites cached in internet explorer which firefox now has to load for the first time?

hmhmh good question !

I don't think so...i'm not browsing too much

OP
Talas

Talas

Son of the Sky
Are there any good extensions for Thunderbird too? Theres one small thing I dont like in Thunderbird: When you reply to an e-mail and you quote the one you reply too, he puts the quoted text ABOVE to where you write the answer. Is there any way to have it like in Outlook BELOW to where you write? I hope I made myself clear. ;)

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
I hope that one day firefox gains mass popularity. Nothing to do with being anti-microsoft, but firefox is a browser that for once allows you to control what kind of content you want to view, whereas with IE you have absolutely no choice. If it becomes mainstream, then these asshole webmasters who insist on spamming you will be forced to adopt a more reasonable business model. Like the logo says: "Take back the web"...literally.

When I find a website that requires IE, I simply don't visit it. They probably don't care, but I always find that theres an alternative source of that same content elsewhere.

Last edited:
OP
Talas

Talas

Son of the Sky
pj64er said:
err...place cursor before the quoted text. type. :)

Ha ha ha, yer so funny. :whistling Of course, but I want that to be the default, so that I dont have to scroll up and down everytime I am writing an e-mail. :paperbag:

@2fast4u

If you meant the "Google Tool Bar" Extension for FireFox then you are wrong. I already noted that with the tool bar for FireFox there is NO Page Rank showing. Anyone else have an idea where to get such an extension? :huh:

2fast4u

Talas said:
@2fast4u

If you meant the "Google Tool Bar" Extension for FireFox then you are wrong. I already noted that with the tool bar for FireFox there is NO Page Rank showing. Anyone else have an idea where to get such an extension? :huh:

ah could very well be. i dont use the google bar in ie for anything but popup blocking so i didnt try out the extension, just saw that one named "google bar" exists :p

Theres one small thing I dont like in Thunderbird: When you reply to an e-mail and you quote the one you reply too, he puts the quoted text ABOVE to where you write the answer.

heh, dude did you even bother to run through all the options at least once? ;)

tools --> account settings --> [account name] --> addressing & composition

check [x] automatically quote ...
select, then ... --> start my reply above the quote

aaaand presto.

:sorcerer:

Last edited:

2fast4u

AlphaWolf said:
I hope that one day firefox gains mass popularity. Nothing to do with being anti-microsoft, but firefox is a browser that for once allows you to control what kind of content you want to view, whereas with IE you have absolutely no choice. If it becomes mainstream, then these asshole webmasters who insist on spamming you will be forced to adopt a more reasonable business model. Like the logo says: "Take back the web"...literally.

When I find a website that requires IE, I simply don't visit it. They probably don't care, but I always find that theres an alternative source of that same content elsewhere.

i hear ya there. i dont have a lot of hopes for firefox ever becoming remotely as popular as internet explorer since the last one is packaged with the most popular operating system. using ie is just the easy choice for most people.

i still create webdesigns once in a while and find that programming for 2 or even 3 browsers is a pain in the ass. with ie, finding a problem is almost impossible because the html interpreter is way too tolerant towards bad coding, thats also part of the reason the net is so cluttered with shitty sites imo. firefox is a lot more picky, which i appreciate a lot in this case.

OP
Talas

Talas

Son of the Sky
@2fast4u

Thanks pally. ´course I looked through the options. Just didnt know that it was in the "Account Options".

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
2fast4u said:
i hear ya there. i dont have a lot of hopes for firefox ever becoming remotely as popular as internet explorer since the last one is packaged with the most popular operating system. using ie is just the easy choice for most people.

i still create webdesigns once in a while and find that programming for 2 or even 3 browsers is a pain in the ass. with ie, finding a problem is almost impossible because the html interpreter is way too tolerant towards bad coding, thats also part of the reason the net is so cluttered with shitty sites imo. firefox is a lot more picky, which i appreciate a lot in this case.
Mozilla/FireFox more closely follow the W3C standards. If all web browsers followed them to the tee however, then we wouldn't have a problem.

Yosh-I

Banned
I don't know how many of you have a mouse like this, but when I click in the wheel in the middle of my mouse, it will bring up a up/down arrow, so I can easly scroll up and down by dragging my mouse about the up arrow, or below the down arrow...... It's a feature that I use muchly in IE, but sadly, not mozilla, firefox, netscape, or anything else will support it.... The only other web browser that I've seen support it, is SBC Yahoo's uber crappy browser.... So I suppose I must stick with IE :(