What's new

Mozilla or FireFox?

OP
Talas

Talas

Son of the Sky
@pj64er

Sorry, I visited that site but couldnt really make out what its about. Are those updates for Firefox?

And does anybody know where I can get themes for firefox and thunderbird?

EDIT: Ok, I see that I can get them at that very site. BUT, can anyone tell me which extensions are useful? I mean, there are over 150 on that site. Which ones can anyone use?

Last edited:
OP
Talas

Talas

Son of the Sky
Oh! Another question just came to me. :) Is it possible to have the "Pagerank" of Google displayed with FireFox? There is one extension that inserts the Google Toolbar, but without Pagerank Index.

Nighty0

Gentoo n00b
Talas said:
@pj64er

Sorry, I visited that site but couldnt really make out what its about. Are those updates for Firefox?

And does anybody know where I can get themes for firefox and thunderbird?

EDIT: Ok, I see that I can get them at that very site. BUT, can anyone tell me which extensions are useful? I mean, there are over 150 on that site. Which ones can anyone use?

1. are like a "WIP" (Work in progress)
2. http://texturizer.net/firefox/themes/
3. I use only the autohide, to hide the toolbar when i enter in fullscreen and don't need them.......

routine is a bad thing

routine is the worst thing in our lives.........

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
I use the flash click to view plugin, which eliminates stupid flash ads, and when you want to play real flash content, you simply click on it. I also use the extension that makes all new windows open up in a new browser tab instead (can't think of the name.)

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
Tabbrowser Extensions. I used to use that, but its a rather big extension, so I stopped.

I currently use:
- Adblocker (does what it says, will need your help to make it work as good as it should)
- FireSomething (Useless gimmick...but its somewhat fun sometimes :))
- Download Manager Tweak (I like it a bit better than default)

While Im here, does anyone know an easy way of redefining the hotkeys in Firefox? I was thinking of rearranging them to FPS style (W = forward, S = back, A and D are for 'strafing' through the tabs, R for reload) :p

DuDe

Emu64 Staff
pj64er said:
- FireSomething (Useless gimmick...but its somewhat fun sometimes :))
One of the coolest extensions out there in my humble opinion. I'm currently using Mozilla Spacecat :)

2fast4u

ok, the download manager tweak is flat out awesome as i found out. also, what ive been after in firefox for ages is the "sort bookmarks" extension. gotta love it.

deesse

J'aime ce que tu es
help =(

I'm now on FireFox and I can't load Yahoo Launch Music !

so, do I have to "think" that Yahoo Launch considers Firefox as a kind of Netscape ??? huh

Nighty0

Gentoo n00b
deesse said:
I'm now on FireFox and I can't load Yahoo Launch Music !

so, do I have to "think" that Yahoo Launch considers Firefox as a kind of Netscape ??? huh

Yep, you need to contact the webmasters, since they programmed the webpage to support only a few browsers.........
i don't understand these attitudes by the part of webmasters, since the www is universal, and not only of two or three browsers. :( :getlost:
I even use M$ hotmail in Firefox without problems.....

More about Firefox, the extensions is the greatest function in firefox. We can personalize the browser with our needs!!!! Really cool :) The integrated search field is cool too.....

Last edited:

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
Well, some webmasters hate non IE browsers, because they can't dump spyware and popups onto your PC, which means a less profitable business model, so naturally they refuse to support them.

jakeoc19

Mozilla is way better than firefox. firefox is better looking but it is a striped down browser i us eany i can get my hands on but i have reasons.

OP
Talas

Talas

Son of the Sky
There still hasnt been an answer to one question of mine: Is there an extension with which to show the "Google Page Rank" in Fire Fox?

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
If the google bar one doesnt work, I dont think you can get it.

No one has yet to answer my custom hotkey question either :/