What's new

Microsoft to buy Capcom

Harteex

Harteex das Brot
hmmpf... no good games...
I've got Amped Snowboarding, Dead or Alive 3, Halo and Rallisport Challenge and those games are great.

Some of you probably just say it has no good games, just because you haven't checked out the games... I think so...

OP
Stezo2k

Stezo2k

S-2K
yeah those games may kick ass, but they dont compare to the line up of the PS2, and the xbox controller sucks totally, i played DOA3 round my m8s xbox and the controllder is uncunfortable & hurt my hands, dont get me wrong DOA3 is a gr8 game but the controller needs to be improved before they start releasing games as good as Tekken 4 etc

Stez

DuDe

Emu64 Staff
And that`s why you can get the smaller, and much better controller, which fits fighting games quite well... The bigger controller on the other hand works great for racers.

OP
Stezo2k

Stezo2k

S-2K
thats good, i wont be getting an x-box yet tho, think i'll stick with my DC for a while:)

Stez

iq_132

Banned
Why does it matter that M$ bought Capcom? They'll probably keep the same people, the same designers, and etc, and probably pay them even better!
Microsoft may not be the "good guys," but they aren't evil.

OP
Stezo2k

Stezo2k

S-2K
very true, but that means we'll have to buy an xbox to play capcom games, which makes me wonder whether to get an xbox or a ps2

Stez

Stalkid64

Citizen(sixty)four
I love it when the rumour mill goes into overdrive... sanity and logic take a back seat to wild speculation and insane overreactions.
As for Capcom and originality, all we seem to be getting are poor remakes of old games which barely change with the times simply for the money, so not sure where originality comes into it. Devil May Cry? Been done. Auto Modelista - lets cash in on the latest graphical technique (note handling in the current builds of the game is pretty poor). The Resident Evil games are ALREADY exclusive... to Nintendo. Contractually I don`t think that could change very easily. But - so what? We`ve gotten one which still has the same problems and very dodgy translation issues (something I thought were long gone), and the next few bar Zero will be virtually identical budget re-releases. Or we`ve got... Devil May Cry 2. XBox is welcome to Super Devil May Cry 2 - Turbo Ex Plus Alpha Edition. ;)
Ahem
Also, name three GOOD non-launch Xbox games, and at least three more `must have` upcoming titles. Without using the word Halo. Or adding a number to the end of an existing title. There's the real problem.

Josep

eyerun4phun
Harteex said:
hmmpf... no good games...
I've got Amped Snowboarding, Dead or Alive 3, Halo and Rallisport Challenge and those games are great.

Some of you probably just say it has no good games, just because you haven't checked out the games... I think so...

hehe, harteex obviously owns one

/me yawns

how many other clones do those games have? yes, again, no good games;)

agreed Stalkid64;)

DuDe

Emu64 Staff
Stalkid64 said:

Also, name three GOOD non-launch Xbox games, and at least three more `must have` upcoming titles. Without using the word Halo. Or adding a number to the end of an existing title. There's the real problem.

What you just don`t seem to understand, is that a game does not have to be original, in order to be good/fun/time-consuming. You see, certain game genres (like fighting games, first person shooters, action games in general etc), don`t have to re-invent the genre in order to be good. Examples? All of the Tekkenwafter the first Tekken, all of the DOAs after the first one, about a half of every 9+ graded fps on IGN. No originality, yet fun non the less.

Stalkid64

Citizen(sixty)four
DuDe said:
Stalkid64 said:

What you just don`t seem to understand, is that a game does not have to be original, in order to be good/fun/time-consuming. You see, certain game genres (like fighting games, first person shooters, action games in general etc), don`t have to re-invent the genre in order to be good. Examples? All of the Tekkenwafter the first Tekken, all of the DOAs after the first one, about a half of every 9+ graded fps on IGN. No originality, yet fun non the less.
For one thing, FPS games are generally berated by all if they lack something original. We`ve been lucky to have several rather great FPS games of late (MOH, RTCW, even part-fps games such as Jedi Outcast and the magnificent Battlefield 1942). To a degree, all of those games have some fairly clever or original features. And at the polar opposite, something like Red Faction or C+C:Renegade. Games with original features (and in Red Factions case, one of the best demo levels ever created with the `glass house`) but little else to keep people playing.
Or something like Tony Hawk 3. A great game, a sequel, yet does exactly what a sequel should by adding new features while retaining the core balance - BUT not having an identical `seen-it-all-before` feel. THPS4 looks to expand further on that idea. Great. But I don't see one single XBox game which even tries something new. Even the PS2 has more attempts at doing something different (I forget the name of that Japanese earthquake/survival/disaster type game, but that is a good example of a cool new idea).
Games don't have to be entirely original, but very few games which don't at least attempt and succeed with an original feature will ever be worth the time. It's gamings "Resident Evil Syndrome" - all that pointless backtracking gets dull quickly; or to put it more generally to games, who wants to retread old ground over and over and over...
And you managed to miss out on giving me a nice list of `must have`games, present or future... that may be because... there are none. Welcome to the XBox problem. A problem which no amount of bought-up companies can fix.

Jaz

Ex-Mod
Stalkid64 said:
Welcome to the XBox problem. A problem which no amount of bought-up companies can fix.

The next thing you know, M$ will be buying out the company that produces the SONY badge on the front of the PS2, just to slow down production of their units. ;)

blizz

Stalkid64 said:
And you managed to miss out on giving me a nice list of `must have`games, present or future... that may be because... there are none.

Panzer Dragoon Orta :D

Stalkid64

Citizen(sixty)four
/looks up from Mario Sunshine
Huh? Someone say something there? Ah, never mind.
/goes back to Mario Sunshine

Stalkid64

Citizen(sixty)four
/looks up from Mario Sunshine again
WTF? Where'd those last three hours go?! Ah, never mind. Probably not important...
For those of less than average intelligence - the game is good. Very, very good in fact. The control is a little strange at first, the graphics (despite certain texture comments from other sources), massive draw distance and wonderful heat-haze, the water in particular is utterly stunning, and it has that compulsive-addictive quality as all the best games do. It is strangely very different-feeling to Mario 64, despite the very similar basic control mechanism. Quite how they`ve made water-spraying and such so addictive is a wonder. You spend literally hours just throwing Mario around the rooftops of buildings and messing around aimlessly. Now... can't talk. Playing Sunshine.
/goes back to Mario Sunshine.

Macca

yeh, its a great game :p

i hired it last night and am up to 45 shines, i'm here now cause i think i deserved a break :p

Oh, and yoshi rocks :)