What's new

Microsoft to buy Capcom

BinoX

Dreamemu Tester
Nooo... Capcom is great.. Microsoft aint.

If MS buy Capcom... it'll just all mess up!

Macca

/me renames Talk of the Town to 'Rumour Mill'

"It's probably wise to consider any rumour of a buy-out in this instance with a hefty pinch of salt. Microsoft's name is generally associated with any company that underperforms in the games industry at the moment, but in fact, the Seattle-based giant has only acquired successful companies such as Rare, sensibly leaving those in dire financial straits aside. While Capcom would certainly be an attractive prospect for MS, and it is no doubt making investigations into the possibility of a purchase, it's far too early to seriously consider the prospect of a Microsoft-owned Capcom."

Read the story people, read...

blizz

funny thing, Capcom didn't make a loss on games it made a loss because it changed it's position on the property it owns... yeah it's really making a loss guys, be patient wait and see,

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
companies in a status like rare and capcom (doing bad but have several good assets) are generaly bought out by somebody if they don't make a good comeback...if its not microsoft, it will be somebody else.

OP
Stezo2k

Stezo2k

S-2K
well i hope it'll be someone else, cuz capcom are awesome. I can see microsoft buying several companies in the future. LOL it would be funny tho to see how ms would make a street fighter game, they'd probably add stuff like halo blokes and that and make it look like perfect dark zero haha.

Stez

RPGlover12

Ah shit microsoft is gonna buy all other companies this really sux hope that it doesn't buy sega too and nintendo , and sony , ESPECIALLY SQUARE SOFT
hope that they wont buy any other company

you really think that buying a company will stifle development? sure we lost a huge software house, but if as i assume microsoft will push capcom/rare/other accusition here to produce sequels that sell in big numbers

rare and especially capcom are not fans of stiffling origionality, so surley their developers would leave... and there was me thinking sony would kill the games industry :-/

OP
Stezo2k

Stezo2k

S-2K
i wouldnt mind about Ms wanting to buy Capcom if the same ppl developed the games, but they probably wont will they?

Stez

Eagle

aka Alshain
Probably not. I'd be surprised if they did. Although M$ may just tell them they have to make X-Box games and let them continue. Basically M$ got shot down in its PC monopoly so they are trying to find another format to get one on.

blizz

or Microsoft just got METAL GEAR SOLID 3 as a 1 year exclusive

hehehehe :devil:

actually I think this game fits the X-Box ;)

if anything does, then its that... but the xbox has been such an initial failure, surley its gonna take more than buying big names to turn it around... this round belongs to sony ALREADY as far as im concerned

Josep

eyerun4phun
sytaylor said:
if anything does, then its that... but the xbox has been such an initial failure, surley its gonna take more than buying big names to turn it around... this round belongs to sony ALREADY as far as im concerned

agreed, but it looks like x-box has the potential to freak'n sky-rocket, people that initially got their x-box and said "This is kick Ass!!:)" are freak'n idiots, because yes, x-box had a terrible initial release, BUT SHIT, I wouldn't doubt seeing microsoft buying out pleanty of other companies, i'll probably be looking at getting an x-box within the month, mainly cause there ARE STILL no good games for x-box;)

thats its prob, there are NO good games, how the hell is it supposed to sell if there are NO good games? a green logo sure as hell hasn't worked to press

blizz

CpU MasteR said:
Jeez! Who is Next? Squaresoft? ???

a more scary buyout would be Enix, or even just DQ8 exclusive to X-Box, that would change the market completely in Japan...