What's new

Metroid zero mission!

linemu

Anyone played this yet? It's pretty good... works well on Visual Boy Advance SDL on linux too! There are quite a few changes from the original it's supposed to be a remake of, Including a big section after you defeat motherbrain, where you DON'T have your power suit. All in all it's definately worth a try.

J

Juan Carlos

You're asking for the connection function between "Metroid: Zero Mission" and "Metroid fusion"? Well, guess what... a friend of mine told me that it alows you to play "Metroid: Zero Mission" with Samus's fusion suit, the same one she uses in "Metroid Fusion". Anyway, if I get the original game, I'll tell you if that is true or not.

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
Juan Carlos said:
Hey! You've also played "Metroid: Zero Mission"? You're right! The game is amazing, not to say it's far much better that the original metroid version released to NES. What impressed me the most was the video scenes, the great gameplay this game has, and the part when Samus must infiltrate the space pirate mother ship with her combat suit.
Talking about metroid... Have you ever played "Super Metroid" for the Super Nintendo? It's a very good game. The game play is not so good as in "Metroid Fusion" or "Metroid: Zero Mission", but it's very challenging. Besides, in this game there are some special moves that aren't in the others metroids. If you like the metroid saga, we'll could chat to each other, you find it OK.

Kyaaaa~ Super Metroid is by far the best in the series!

You think the gameplay isn't as good - you must not be well versed in the art of Sequence Breaking! ^^ You should see some of the absurd stunts people can pull in SM... for example, did you know it's entirely possible to get to the back area of the Sunken Ship (where it links to Maridia) before fighting Phantoon and getting the Gravity Suit?

Did you also know it's possible to get to Ridley's Lair with one energy tank, no Varia, and no Gravity suit? And on that tack, to beat the game with only one Energy Tank, 5 Missiles, 5 Super Missiles, 5 Power Bombs, Morph Ball Bombs, Charge Beam, Plasma Beam, and Speed Booster? I may be slightly off (missing one, or one too many) but it's still quite absurd what one can do with experience.

Or how about skipping the plant miniboss whose name I always forget altogether, and getting Super Missiles elsewhere?

Last edited:

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Now THAT is something! SM is on par with zero mission at least. No other game has been able to surpass those.
Not even fusion. That was a bad game, to say. And it's the truth. Yup.

J

Juan Carlos

Doomulation said:
Now THAT is something! SM is on par with zero mission at least. No other game has been able to surpass those.
Not even fusion. That was a bad game, to say. And it's the truth. Yup.

"Metroid Fusion" is not a bad game! Is one of the bests Gameboy Advance games ever made! How can you say it's a bad game?! You're crazy! And "Metroid: Zero Mission" is far much better that "Super Metroid"!

Hexidecimal

Emutalk Bounty Hunter.
I've never seen a Metroid game i didn't like. THe only exception to that is the controls on Prime, which irritate me.

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
Metroid Fusion's only problem is the absurd cutscenes and pathetic linearity. You have NO fucking FREEDOM in Fusion... that's the thing that made Super Metroid so incredibly brilliant!

J

Juan Carlos

I must admit that there isn't any freedom in metroid fusion, but in other way, it`s the only metroid that has a argument line; you shouldn't forguet about that. In all the others you have to run free searching the adds that will help you to complete the game and nothing more.

Nighty0

Gentoo n00b
All Metroid series games are great!!!!!!!!!!!!!
But the best for me is the SNES version.......
Metroid fusion is the second best........
Played only a little the original NES version.......

I'm going to play this new version after I complete Megamam Battlechip Challenge (another cool game for me)........ My preference is always strategy/rpg games, but adventure/platform games like the metroid series are always welcome!!!!! :D

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
Juan Carlos said:
I must admit that there isn't any freedom in metroid fusion, but in other way, it`s the only metroid that has a argument line; you shouldn't forguet about that. In all the others you have to run free searching the adds that will help you to complete the game and nothing more.

The other Metroids have a story line... Fusion is just the only one that rams it down your throat as you progress.

I honestly can't play Fusion anymore now, because it's so insanely boring sitting through endless unskippable mediocre dialogue and doing the same mediocre platforming segments over and over again in EXACTLY THE SAME ORDER AND WAY. Enemy movement isn't even randomised, it's all done according to specific patterns... you could probably beat most of Fusion with a blindfold if you memorised enough of it.

J

Juan Carlos

I agree you in some of the things you wrote, but the game isn't so bad... it's quite fun the first time you play it. I'm also quite bored of it, but I've passed it already six times...

Anyway, I think the most boring metroid game is the one that was released to the orinal Gameboy many years ago, "Metroid: return of Samus".

Last edited:

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Metroid fusion's BIG problem was that of no freedom; go whereever they told you... and to boot, the STORY sucked big time.
Samus isn't one to take orders. Now that just makes it more annoying. Her ship destroyed...her suit destroyed...it's all pathetic imo.

Zero mission is a good attempt of redoing super metroid. However, the old eerie feeling isn't there, which is a shame. The music of the game is good.

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
Yea, the whole story thing with the CO was sorta weird...when did bounty hunters need commanders?

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
Juan Carlos said:
Anyway, I think the most boring metroid game is the one that was released to the orinal Gameboy many years ago, "Metroid: return of Samus".

No way! Metroid II is easily the most brutal in the series, and the different Metroid forms are really neat. Really awesome that the insane Omega Metroids got some more screen time in Fusion. ^_^

Metroid II is probably also one of the hardest, though - navigation on SR388 is a hell of a chore. I'm stuck on my second time through, with some 4~6 Metroids to go...