What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

mdta - 3 OoT High Res Text and Menu Project

OP
mdtauk

mdtauk

Zelda Hi-Res Texturer
It is a little more complicated than I thought, but its not impossible...

Last edited:

Federelli

Beta Tester
Indeed it's a whole bunch of textures, all of which i'd appreciate if someone could retexture them since i've tried and it's a mess.

OP
mdtauk

mdtauk

Zelda Hi-Res Texturer
TWW Pack

Well I think I am done on the style for the Opening Menus. A couple of button glows need tweaking, the text glow needs tweaking, and all the text needs doing, but what do you think...

The 4th image is just me messing around, I will be sticking with the blue look...

Last edited:
OP
mdtauk

mdtauk

Zelda Hi-Res Texturer
TWW Pack

The opening menu graphics are done, now I have started on the HUD graphics

Last edited:
OP
mdtauk

mdtauk

Zelda Hi-Res Texturer
Is there any HUD Text which appears on more than one coloured button?

Could someone list all of the HUD Action text, in all 3 languages, and tell me what colour button they appear on...

Last edited:

The_Z

"The_A"
mdtauk said:
Is there any HUD Text which appears on more than one coloured button?

Could someone list all of the HUD Action text, in all 3 languages, and tell me what colour button they appear on...
If I recall correctly, there is only one color: white.
English text: Jump, Open, Grab, Attack, Drop, Dive, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, Put Away, lift, next, Return, Check, Down, climb, Faster, reel,decide, and throw.
I may be missing a few, as I am mostly usign my memory and some friends.

Last edited:
OP
mdtauk

mdtauk

Zelda Hi-Res Texturer
No what I mean is. What Action Text goes on Which button, and are there any which switch buttons? If I make all the A button text Blue, will any of that text appear on the green or red buttons... etc

The_Z

"The_A"
Ah.. I think I understand what you meant. The text I listed goes in the Blue button.
Red button has Return
Green Button has Save and Stop

To the second part of your question, I'm not exactly sure. Sorry.
By the way, great work!

OP
mdtauk

mdtauk

Zelda Hi-Res Texturer
Well bad news, i guess, I wont be able to do coloured text. 'Return' is used by both the red and blue button, but I have decided on a style which is slightly different than OoT, still looks like wind waker, but will look nice on all buttons...

Last edited:

[ROLO]

Your Boss
Yeah man, I was about to suggest you to use black outlines to see which one looked better and now that you've changed it I'm glad cause I think it looks way better (even though you've changed it for other reasons :p lol)

OP
mdtauk

mdtauk

Zelda Hi-Res Texturer
The outlines are not completely black, I was never keen on that, but they are the same thickness as in TWW, and are about 55% trasnparent. It isnt "in your face" see-through but the subtleness helps to make it look better.

Googol

Give me back my floppy face!
Excellent stuff - you're one to keep an eye on, mdtauk. You've captured the feel of Zelda in each of your interfaces; certainly, your work adds innumerably to the work of others. Keep it up!

OP
mdtauk

mdtauk

Zelda Hi-Res Texturer
TWW Pack

Here are some more tests, this is the Text background, the music score, and HUD imagary. Can someone send me dumps of the signpost text background, and the magic meter...

Last edited:
OP
mdtauk

mdtauk

Zelda Hi-Res Texturer
yep, I am working on stuff for his pack, but other WW style projects can use the files providing they ask for permission, and check with me...

Googol

Give me back my floppy face!
Good, but I would probably stick with Djipi's text and background. The rest is excellent.