What's new

Mario Tennis

Rice

Emulator Developer
I am not 100% sure but I will say it is Jabo's bug. And this bug is not only happening to this game, but also to a few other games. I can not remember all of them.

Jabo 1.3/1.4 does not actually support this game very well, and he knows it. I guess he will do something to make it better if PJ64 core can play this game.

Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
Sk8

Do you need more speed on this game? I think your PC is much faster than mine, and you should almost get full speed.

Rice

sk8bloke22

roll for life
i hav the serving bug where the vi/s drop from 60 to like 3 and 4.

not affected by CF hacks at all. menus and replays are fine and play in full speed. just actually playing the game

Rice

Emulator Developer
ok.

but we don't have other video plugin to choose. I know rcp.dll will crash before game play.

You probably can report it to PJ64 forum, and hope Jabo can do something.

Rice

DSF

BTW Wave Race SE have some slowdowns...
Tom and Jerry is really fast and now when the cheats works (especially the 'unlock all characters' cheat) is an awesome game at all

:D

Rice

Emulator Developer
DSF

Please report the new problems in a new thread, otherwise they are likely to be ingored.

I don't really like to work on it because no people really plays this crap game and Jabo is barely supporting it. I would like to work more common problems which is likely to help multilple games.

Rice

sk8bloke22

roll for life
no prob. if aint a 1964 prob, then its up to jabo to fix it, which may or may not happen. damn, this forum is like chatting on #emulation64, lol, ppl reply so quickly.

Zero

Liar Liar Pants On Fire!
I tried using Jabo 1.0 and it made the game run better as well as for 1.4 I don't know caus I don't have it.

conkerman

conkerman
hey firestar007, thanks for the turn on Force Normal Blending help from before.
there are some more errors coming up sometimes. if u press start using jabos input plugin sometimes, i get a jabo error that stops graphics from displaying anymore. and then , the only way to play a game again is to restart 1964. sometimes, u can trigger this by going to anywhere in the menu and then pressing start. it doesnt matter too much, just annoying sometimes, speed is still an issue, ive been playing with the sync options in the no limit/ntsc/auto part and i get more speed when serving, maybe other people will too.

win98se, athlon 1.4, 512 mb ddr ram, geforce2 64 mb ram, adaptoid, detanator 22.80

Firestar007

Yeah, I've noticed this thing with the Start button too. I don't think its related to the "Force Normal Blending" option, though, because it happens whether its on or not, and it also happens in Jabo 1.0.

Rice

Emulator Developer
Set the rom option to use expansion pak (8MB). Otherwise Jabo's plugin will crash when pressing [Start] button.

Firestar007

It is set to use the 8mb expansion. It doesn't happen all the time, but here are the spots where I've seen it consistently:
1) If you hit Start to skip a replay
2) At the end of a match. It always crashes at the end of a match.

Rice

Emulator Developer
Ok, then it is up to Jabo. Donno if he want to fix this problem or not. And Jabo's plugin is the best one you/I can have now. You may report this problem in PJ's forum as a bug of Jabo's plugin.

Smiff

Emutalk Member
don't bother thanks Jabo knows the situation with this game, he's got it all marked out on private page.

Fyre

Just a question....

Does anyone have any idea how long it will be before G-force Gemeni will be up for grabs? Thats a fine game.:1964:

my respect to the programmers behind the 1964 as well, =D!

toneman77

@Rice

well, after using Jabo 3d3 1.0 i got almost no texture errors (like in 1.3) and speed was also better. Speed dropped during the serve to 8 vi/s not 0.4
but it randomly crashes now.

i use 1964 0.7, jabo3d 1.0 and 1.3, no sound and Nrages (that was packed with pj1.3)

Rice, u say u have no speed loss when serving. Could u please tell us your plugin-config and the setting of your gfx plug?

would be nice!

greets tone

1964: great emu. im wondering who will be the first to emulate jetforce gemini

Rice

Emulator Developer
toneman77

I am using voodoo3, this is the reason why I don't have speed slow down. Jabo has known the slow down problem in his D3D plugin. Just wait, he may fix it before PJ64 1.4 official release.

You should tell the random crash from 1964 CPU core or from Jabo's video plugin.

btw, both PJ1.4 beta1 and 1964 can run jetforce gemini, no matter who is the first.

Rice

Emulator Developer
Mario Tennis is sort of playable, just don't press [START] key in this game, or video plugin will crash.