What's new

Mario Kart: Double Dash (Now with video)

2fast4u

Cybercat said:
Woa, that's assuming much. The N64 is out of the picture and will be for the rest of time, no games will be coming out for it. You wouldn't call a GameCube game anything with a '64' in it, or if their entire goal was to port gameplay and graphics with new tracks, they'd call it something like Mario Kart 64 Plus as it's not nearly enough to be a sequel.

i think she didnt mean that they should call it mario kart 64 2 ... more that they would create a sequel to mario kart 64 which means beefed up gfx and a few new tracks, etc. or in other words a ripoff of the old game. therefore mario kart 64 "2" so to speak. as far as im concerned double dash looks like it has some fresh ideas and theres nothing wrong with that. :)

Davemc

Dave
Cyberman has summed up my view, though most of his points I have already posted.

I'm immortal at MK64. Unless you play me at battle, then I'm useless.

Cybercat

Transitions of emotion after last post: :blink: :puke: :angry: :ranting: Ahhh!!! dayve, you called me CyberMAN!!! You will pay for your misuse of my beautiful and flawlessly crafted user name!!! It's Cybercat!!! As in a cybernetic feline, ruler of the nocturnal world of night, slayer of prey, lord of belching, king of laziness, unsurpassed achiever of making cats look cool, fighter against the stereotypical understatements of cats and the assumption that they meow just to sing!!! Oh, and long whiskers are hip these days. :satisfied Humans are so much more inferior! The only reason cats don't rule the world is because you happen to supply sufficient food (but no tuna!!) and are physically bigger than us (except Siberian Tigers, as you don't see man fighting them bare handed). I'll buy a GameCube just to get this "Double Dash" game people speak of, treat it with the same skill I institute towards Mario Kart games, and personally produce the first netplay networking through computers just to duel you with a race to end races! I won't even use red shells! You'll be sorry you obtained the characteristic of reading the first five letters of people's user names! Muhahahaha!!! Are you up for it, daybe?? (see how I spelled your user name wrong?? Hahahaha!)

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
Jaz said:
Oh dude, I am so gonna kick your ass if Double Dash goes online. :satisfied

Well, it supports network.

And two years ago, Nintendo actually licensed GameSpy's technology *COUGH*TUNNELSOFTWARE*COUGH*.

Cybercat

Pssh, it's amazing how little you think you know. Don't you know that you never underestimate your opponent? You've never seen me play, so all you're allowed to assume with an hint of accuracy is that I'll be challenging. Not that I'll get my ass kicked. Besides, I am also undefeated at Mario Kart just as you say you are. I am also undefeated at Mario Tennis. I'm brutal with both Nintendo-character sports games. I have to lighten up on people because if I don't, they'll feel too humiliated to play against me ever again. It happens all the time: "Dude you suck! How come you gotta be so mean! I'm a begginer so give me a break! Forget you man, I'm not gonna play this stupid thing." People, sadly enough, put down the game itself because they don't want to admit that what beat them was skill and not a game's flaws (and neither Mario Kart or Mario Tennis have any flaws as you will, I'm sure, agree). I am a very competitive person. I take it very seriously. If I find any flaw in my skill, I'll work on it day in and day out till I have it ironed out to perfection then I'll go over all my other skills to make sure I don't slacken up on any of them while I was improving on the weakness. Then I'll go over them all at once so the weakness that has been newly ironed out to perfection goes through in harmony with all my other strengths so the rhythm is natural. I'm sure you're like that too, or else you wouldn't be so confident. I like confident people because I know they have a reason for being that confident and so that means I'll have a good challenge. Underestimate me and I'll take it that much more seriously.

cyberCAT lets play mk64 on kaillera till we wait for MKDD :)
your so good speaking lets see how good at driving..

btw.. you guys are sure about online gameplay? i know the 2 GC`s + 2 tv`s + 2 mkDD discs + 8 GC pads + 8 *HIGHSCHOOLSTUDINGEXCUSE* friends .. that sound scary for me.. too many peeps together.. (maybe if the party is 4f-4m hehe :happy: ) i`d better like the online gameplay.. just clarify me on that..

2fast4u

Cybercat said:
Pssh, it's amazing how little you think you know. Don't you know that you never underestimate your opponent? You've never seen me play, so all you're allowed to assume with an hint of accuracy is that I'll be challenging. Not that I'll get my ass kicked. Besides, I am also undefeated at Mario Kart just as you say you are. I am also undefeated at Mario Tennis. I'm brutal with both Nintendo-character sports games. I have to lighten up on people because if I don't, they'll feel too humiliated to play against me ever again. It happens all the time: "Dude you suck! How come you gotta be so mean! I'm a begginer so give me a break! Forget you man, I'm not gonna play this stupid thing." People, sadly enough, put down the game itself because they don't want to admit that what beat them was skill and not a game's flaws (and neither Mario Kart or Mario Tennis have any flaws as you will, I'm sure, agree). I am a very competitive person. I take it very seriously. If I find any flaw in my skill, I'll work on it day in and day out till I have it ironed out to perfection then I'll go over all my other skills to make sure I don't slacken up on any of them while I was improving on the weakness. Then I'll go over them all at once so the weakness that has been newly ironed out to perfection goes through in harmony with all my other strengths so the rhythm is natural. I'm sure you're like that too, or else you wouldn't be so confident. I like confident people because I know they have a reason for being that confident and so that means I'll have a good challenge. Underestimate me and I'll take it that much more seriously.

i never thought of mario kart as a game about life and death ..

OP
Jaz

Jaz

Ex-Mod
2fast4u said:
i never thought of mario kart as a game about life and death ..

Funny I was thinking the same thing whilst reading his post. :plain:

Cybercat

Life and death? No it's all about pride and shame. Who goes home with glory and who goes home with humiliation? That's what it's about. Where'd you get life and death from? I don't remember ever saying anything about it being a matter of life and death...

If you're talking about my ridiculous commitment well lets just say I have no other life. Call it sad if you will but I love videogames and unfortunately I'm at an age where you don't have any other life to go to. Well, there's always friends, but they're videogamatics just like me. :D

Last edited: