What's new

Mario Kart: Double Dash (Now with video)

Clements

Not really. You'd have loads of characters sending power-ups your way. When I play Mario Kart, I always shoot to the front within seconds- it was bad enough on MK64 with 7 characters firing hundreds of power-ups at you. With 16 racers you'd probably get slowdowns with karters of that polygon count. You'd sacrifice graphics for more karters, so 8 at the same time is good like every other Mario Kart game.

Plisco

Sevillian
Good point but when you talk of slowdowns I think you are looking at if the game was made for n64 with 16 characters in each race. I think GC could handle it. Look at F-Zero GC. I think the vehicles look pretty dam gd there. Two different games I know but the GC could and should be able to handle it.

What I do like about the new mario kart is the possible tactics when switching characters some characters being quicker or better at handling, I think b4 hand somthing to add tactical moves to the racing must have been added to the game. However should the game be called mario kart when you can hardly call those vehicles karts?

Last edited:

Davemc

Dave
Yeah, it shouldn't be Mario Kart really.
Cool that Diddy Kong is in there. If only Rare hadn't been bought out we could of seen some of the best characters ever in there such as Timber the Tiger. *cough*

Davemc

Dave
Diddy Kong Racing was the first game I got for my N64. One of my lame mates always chose Timber. :plain:
TIMBER!!!!... COOL!!!

diddy kong racing suck vs mk64 IMO.
yehaa troopa koopa is back !! but new mk look so kiddie.. hope it get a good review before i could buy it..

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
DiaBlo6662 said:
but new mk look so kiddie.. hope it get a good review before i could buy it..

Did i miss out on all the gore/sex/violence in the older mario karts?

(from now on, anyone who dismisses a game 'cuz it looks kiddie' gets a spanking from :n64:)

OP
Jaz

Jaz

Ex-Mod
pj64er said:
(from now on, anyone who dismisses a game 'cuz it looks kiddie' gets a spanking)

Okay. But can I diss a game because Cel-Shading is Wank™? :happy:

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
Jaz said:
Okay. But can I diss a game because Cel-Shading is Wank™? :happy:

dissing a game due to its graphic-funky-ness gets you an ass grab...:plain:

(Dont do it Jaz, Im warning you!:doh: )

Clements

A game like Killer 7 uses Cel -Shading to give it a film-like feel and a spooky atmoshere. Some games use it and all that is achieved is a bland-looking game with low-res textures.

OP
Jaz

Jaz

Ex-Mod
Clements said:
Upcoming GC Killer 7 shows how Cel-Shading should be done.

No no no. Resident Evil Zero shows how Cel-Shading should be done. And yes, I know, it isn't Cel-Shaded. That's my point. :p

Plisco

Sevillian
Jaz said:

No no no. Resident Evil Zero shows how Cel-Shading should be done. And yes, I know, it isn't Cel-Shaded. That's my point. :p
ROFL I agree, I too am against cell shading....

OP
Jaz

Jaz

Ex-Mod
Plisco said:
ROFL I agree, I too am against cell shading....

/me issues Pilsco with his official Cel-Shading is Wank™ club card. :satisfied